Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

TTWII - The Complete Rehearsals... would make a great FTD

Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:57 am

I was just ripping the two volumes of The Brightest Star on Sunset Boulevard CD's to my hard drive tonight.
I realize there have been several bootlegs and Sony issued product containing rehearsal tracks from the
July 14-15 / July 24 / July 29 / Aug 4 / Aug 7 rehearsal dates... I believe including all of these tracks together
would make an outstanding FTD release. Now that we have all but one of the live shows released, it would
be nice to have an official go-to set for all of the rehearsal numbers...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: TTWII - The Complete Rehearsals... would make a great FT

Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:12 pm

100 agree with you on this.

Re: TTWII - The Complete Rehearsals... would make a great FT

Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:25 pm

elvis-fan wrote: I believe including all of these tracks together
would make an outstanding FTD release. Now that we have all but one of the live shows released, it would
be nice to have an official go-to set for all of the rehearsal numbers...


2 are still unreleased by BMG but available on boots.

Re: TTWII - The Complete Rehearsals... would make a great FT

Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:09 pm

KingElvis wrote:
elvis-fan wrote: I believe including all of these tracks together
would make an outstanding FTD release. Now that we have all but one of the live shows released, it would
be nice to have an official go-to set for all of the rehearsal numbers...


2 are still unreleased by BMG but available on boots.

Oh I thought we had the two August 12th shows for some reason...

Re: TTWII - The Complete Rehearsals... would make a great FT

Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:46 pm

100% yes.
But it would be too much for a boxset. They could release them rehearsal wise as single projects. I think some smart editing could skip the silent spaces on the tapes. Same goes for the On Tour 30/31 march mock sesions and 5 april Buffalo rehearsal. Madison took a good try with these sessions but sometimes Elvis is not audible.

Re: TTWII - The Complete Rehearsals... would make a great FT

Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:51 pm

Agree with ya 100/00 - Its surely a great era for Elvis - Love ta see these as FTD Cds - Elvis voice during this era was great and the songs were good too - He put his heart an soul into evry song he had a challenge with and he surely achieved them -Love his voice n song delivery in all he did and achieved - He surely is The King 4 Ever - Amen -to me and many others -
Love the era and thread -

Re: TTWII - The Complete Rehearsals... would make a great FT

Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:33 am

Great era in the King's career for sure but it's this duplication of previously released bootlegs and previously released BMG tracks that will kill the FTD label. I used to buy every release but even a diehard like me is getting disappointed with FTD duplications and as a result I've become more selective in my purchases as have a lot of other fans I know.
I don't believe that a box set of TTWII recordings will sell if most of us collectors already own the majority of it on one release or another. A single cd of what has never been out on boot or official will definitely work for me.

Re: TTWII - The Complete Rehearsals... would make a great FT

Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:01 am

lucio wrote:Great era in the King's career for sure but it's this duplication of previously released bootlegs and previously released BMG tracks that will kill the FTD label. I used to buy every release but even a diehard like me is getting disappointed with FTD duplications and as a result I've become more selective in my purchases as have a lot of other fans I know.
I don't believe that a box set of TTWII recordings will sell if most of us collectors already own the majority of it on one release or another. A single cd of what has never been out on boot or official will definitely work for me.

As I stated in my original post, there has never been an official release of all of these rehearsals for TTWII by RCA/BMG/Sony... so your point about duplication is off the mark... and if you think a collection of RCA stereo rehearsal recordings from the summer of 1970 on FTD wouldn't sell, I would have to strongly disagree with you.

Re: TTWII - The Complete Rehearsals... would make a great FT

Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:40 pm

I've said for years that I don't understand why FTD never released "The Brightest Star" rehearsal.

Ken Jensen previously mentioned on the forum that FTD is not going to release any more TTWII rehearsal audio. But he never mentioned the reason that Ernst gave.

Re: TTWII - The Complete Rehearsals... would make a great FT

Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:31 pm

I'm not sure if FTD would release "Stranger In My Own Home Town" uncut. I would imagine they would use the edited version from the "70's Masters" box if the rehearsal was ever issued.

Re: TTWII - The Complete Rehearsals... would make a great FT

Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:40 pm

Ftd label is for the fans i thought we get what we want on the ftd label?Im like u guys release the ttwii sessions on ftd Ernst thats what we want so give it to us please.no more compilations like Elvis hits of the 70s which could have been done on the Sony mainstream not wasting a ftd release on it.

Re: TTWII - The Complete Rehearsals... would make a great FT

Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:06 pm

Sorry, guys.

I can't make myself do it.

Re: TTWII - The Complete Rehearsals... would make a great FT

Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:53 am

Rich_TCB wrote:Ken Jensen previously mentioned on the forum that FTD is not going to release any more TTWII rehearsal audio. But he never mentioned the reason that Ernst gave.


Sorry to bump an old thread, but I've looked around, and I can't seem to find an answer to this. Does anyone happen to know why FTD won't release the TTWII rehearsals? Is it a copyright issue? If so, that's a shame; I'm watching TTWII for the first time now, and I'm absolutely loving it.

Re: TTWII - The Complete Rehearsals... would make a great FT

Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:51 pm

I did make an alternate TTWII LEGACY 2CD SET , that inc the best of the "The Brightest Star" rehearsals restored and edited into a better listening experience, CD2 featured a best of concert mix from the available FTDS at the time, please feel free to give em a spin, enjoy ..

FLAC
CD1
https://mega.co.nz/#!4sdzHQzb!rO5J_aVWH ... gwrMHyN2C8

CD2
https://mega.co.nz/#!Fh0RHBhK!UF0BJtGkg ... 3SsBjZh55U

Re: TTWII - The Complete Rehearsals... would make a great FT

Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:41 pm

Thanks but 1 of the CDs had just 1 big flac file and no cue included?

Re: TTWII - The Complete Rehearsals... would make a great FT

Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:45 pm

Yes sorry, its mixed into a single file to make it feel like a single show, i might be able to split it, but it does spoil the illusion a bit ?

Re: TTWII - The Complete Rehearsals... would make a great FT

Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:53 pm

dennyelvis wrote:Yes sorry, its mixed into a single file to make it feel like a single show, i might be able to split it, but it does spoil the illusion a bit ?


I like to burn them to cdr .....without gap....since thats the only way for me to play music in my car.
And I often use the skip track button......... :)
But I see that the show wouldnt fit on one cdr anyway.

Re: TTWII - The Complete Rehearsals... would make a great FT

Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:34 pm

Eggrert wrote:
Rich_TCB wrote:Ken Jensen previously mentioned on the forum that FTD is not going to release any more TTWII rehearsal audio. But he never mentioned the reason that Ernst gave.


Is it true ? FTD Is not going to release any more TTWII rehearsal audio ? Why ?
Anybody??

Re: TTWII - The Complete Rehearsals... would make a great FT

Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:41 pm

IIRC, Ernst said this during an interview, but it was not in English. I think it was Danish?

I'd like to know the reason why, also.

Re: TTWII - The Complete Rehearsals... would make a great FT

Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:59 pm

Rich_TCB wrote:IIRC, Ernst said this during an interview, but it was not in English. I think it was Danish?

I'd like to know the reason why, also.


I am guessing he feels the rest of tracks are just not worthy enough to be released.

Re: TTWII - The Complete Rehearsals... would make a great FT

Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:56 pm

Thank you dennyelvis for sharing this with us and great job.

Re: TTWII - The Complete Rehearsals... would make a great FT

Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:36 pm

Instead of more dull lifeless 1977 concerts .

Re: TTWII - The Complete Rehearsals... would make a great FT

Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:12 am

Mike C wrote:
Rich_TCB wrote:IIRC, Ernst said this during an interview, but it was not in English. I think it was Danish?

I'd like to know the reason why, also.


I am guessing he feels the rest of tracks are just not worthy enough to be released.




That should be up to the fans dont you think?

Re: TTWII - The Complete Rehearsals... would make a great FT

Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:24 am

les_lady21 wrote:
Mike C wrote:
Rich_TCB wrote:IIRC, Ernst said this during an interview, but it was not in English. I think it was Danish?

I'd like to know the reason why, also.


I am guessing he feels the rest of tracks are just not worthy enough to be released.




That should be up to the fans dont you think?


Totally, but Ernst produces the FTD/SONY releases, so it is his and Roger's call.

Re: TTWII - The Complete Rehearsals... would make a great FT

Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:44 am

If they feel his homerecordings which offer far less sound quality than the TTWII rehearsals, were deemed good enough to release both on a mass market and on FTD multiple times, I don't see why the TTWII rehearsals couldn't be released through FTD. Fans would lap it up, I'm sure. Many fans love the 1970 Elvis. I think the rehearsals in themselves are all worthwile and I would like them, ideally, 100% unedited remastered to the best possible sound, and important: 100% uncensored. But... I feel that Elvis does a bit too much swearing and cussing (which doesn't bother me in the least) for these to be released officially in full either thru a mainstream release or on FTD. Everything has to be politically correct, because many people and different groups of people who are too lazy to (want to) catch true context and nuance of so-called "controversial" monologue, but are apparently not so lazy about being overly "sensitive" and hysterical about petty things, and a lot of people are ego-driven little tirants to the point that art and artists have to be banned. I hate every form of censorship. Even one second of censorship is too much. That's my opinion and all are free to disagree. Free speech, for Elvis as well.

At least we do have the imports in great sound and packaging, these are among my most treasured Elvis imports.