Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis' 5 Weakest Movie Title Songs

Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:46 pm

Quite a nice response on Elvis' 5 best movie title songs, now I'd like to hear opinions on his 5 weakest. Here are mine in no particluar order.

CLAMBAKE
EASY COME, EASY GO
PARADISE HAWAIIN STYLE
FRANKIE & JOHNNY
DOUBLE TROUBLE

Re: Elvis' 5 Weakest Movie Title Songs

Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:52 pm

Kissin' Cousins
Easy Come, Easy Go
Clambake
Stay Away, Joe
Change of Habit

Re: Elvis' 5 Weakest Movie Title Songs

Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:18 pm

I will participate in "Best" threads, but I no longer do "Weakest, Worst, Suckiest," or anything of the sort.

Thanks.

Re: Elvis' 5 Weakest Movie Title Songs

Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:24 pm

Rob wrote:I will participate in "Best" threads, but I no longer do "Weakest, Worst, Suckiest," or anything of the sort.

Thanks.



I understand. Unforunately, Elvis recorded too many songs below his talent. He received very bad material during the movie years.

Re: Elvis' 5 Weakest Movie Title Songs

Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:38 pm

He certainly did.

Re: Elvis' 5 Weakest Movie Title Songs

Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:18 pm

Here is my take....

These film songs were built to fit a movie and the movies they were built to fit are more or less comedies. I don't take these songs to heart. They have absolutely nothing to do with Elvis' talent. He didn't write them, he didn't sing them bad, and he wasn't out promoting them live (The point was to go to the movies to hear Elvis sing). None of this was his doing. He was a puppet on a string. A very rich puppet on a string.

Back then was a little different then today. Bands go years between albums. Aerosmith hasn't had a studio album out in 5 years. While the Beatles came in and did their thing, Elvis took a back seat and made some 60's style comedies for 5 years ('63 to '67 was when the formula was in full force. '65 '66 '67 being the worst). People don't realize that some of his most beautiful Gospel work came out in '66 during the heart of this supposed "declined period"

I personally don't think his movies are as horrible as everyone says either. His early 60's movies were decent, the few towards the end weren't all that bad, and there were also some decent ones in the middle. I still watch them all the time. I like Elvis' swave character in each film. He's consistently cool and consistently Elvis. If you take away the 10 worst films, I wonder if he would still have had a bad movies rap. Don't matter to me because I like them all.

I get so mad when people mock him for his movies because it's not a true reflection on his talent. Both Acting and Singing. He was making "Hip" films, not "Hit" films.

Getting back to these worst songs. The topic should be “Elvis' 5 Weakest Movie Title Songs That Were Written For Him

Re: Elvis' 5 Weakest Movie Title Songs

Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:53 pm

Paradise, Hawaiian style & Harem holiday are the worst. Ain´t no fan of GL Blues either.

Re: Elvis' 5 Weakest Movie Title Songs

Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:06 pm

The weakest are probably Kissin' Cousins, Clambake and Harem Holiday. The rest are all pretty good.

Re: Elvis' 5 Weakest Movie Title Songs

Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:06 pm

Even Elvis didn't care for some of the movies he was making...

4:24 "but it did not change, it did not change, and so I became very discouraged. They couldn't have paid me no amount of money in the world to make me feel any self- satisfaction inside."

phpBB [video]

Re: Elvis' 5 Weakest Movie Title Songs

Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:14 pm

ElvisTheKid wrote:Here is my take....

These film songs were built to fit a movie and the movies they were built to fit are more or less comedies. I don't take these songs to heart. They have absolutely nothing to do with Elvis' talent. He didn't write them, he didn't sing them bad, and he wasn't out promoting them live (The point was to go to the movies to hear Elvis sing). None of this was his doing. He was a puppet on a string. A very rich puppet on a string.

Back then was a little different then today. Bands go years between albums. Aerosmith hasn't had a studio album out in 5 years. While the Beatles came in and did their thing, Elvis took a back seat and made some 60's style comedies for 5 years ('63 to '67 was when the formula was in full force. '65 '66 '67 being the worst). People don't realize that some of his most beautiful Gospel work came out in '66 during the heart of this supposed "declined period"

I personally don't think his movies are as horrible as everyone says either. His early 60's movies were decent, the few towards the end weren't all that bad, and there were also some decent ones in the middle. I still watch them all the time. I like Elvis' swave character in each film. He's consistently cool and consistently Elvis. If you take away the 10 worst films, I wonder if he would still have had a bad movies rap. Don't matter to me because I like them all.

I get so mad when people mock him for his movies because it's not a true reflection on his talent. Both Acting and Singing. He was making "Hip" films, not "Hit" films.

Getting back to these worst songs. The topic should be “Elvis' 5 Weakest Movie Title Songs That Were Written For Him


?? - All songs good and bad were written for him. He didnt write. You made too much out of the topic. Its just a ranking, dont read more into it on how times were different, etc. He sang what he sang, good and bad.

Re: Elvis' 5 Weakest Movie Title Songs

Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:24 pm

Much as I'm inclined to agree with Rob, I will participate in this particular negative thread as some of the movie title tunes truly deserve to be ripped.
1.) Clambake
2.) Hawaii U.S.A.
3.) Harem Holiday
4.) Kissin' Cousins
5.) Easy come, Easy Go

I kinda sorta think the last two are ok, but the first three make my IBS kick in.

Re: Elvis' 5 Weakest Movie Title Songs

Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:37 pm

r&b wrote:
ElvisTheKid wrote:Here is my take....

These film songs were built to fit a movie and the movies they were built to fit are more or less comedies. I don't take these songs to heart. They have absolutely nothing to do with Elvis' talent. He didn't write them, he didn't sing them bad, and he wasn't out promoting them live (The point was to go to the movies to hear Elvis sing). None of this was his doing. He was a puppet on a string. A very rich puppet on a string.

Back then was a little different then today. Bands go years between albums. Aerosmith hasn't had a studio album out in 5 years. While the Beatles came in and did their thing, Elvis took a back seat and made some 60's style comedies for 5 years ('63 to '67 was when the formula was in full force. '65 '66 '67 being the worst). People don't realize that some of his most beautiful Gospel work came out in '66 during the heart of this supposed "declined period"

I personally don't think his movies are as horrible as everyone says either. His early 60's movies were decent, the few towards the end weren't all that bad, and there were also some decent ones in the middle. I still watch them all the time. I like Elvis' swave character in each film. He's consistently cool and consistently Elvis. If you take away the 10 worst films, I wonder if he would still have had a bad movies rap. Don't matter to me because I like them all.

I get so mad when people mock him for his movies because it's not a true reflection on his talent. Both Acting and Singing. He was making "Hip" films, not "Hit" films.

Getting back to these worst songs. The topic should be “Elvis' 5 Weakest Movie Title Songs That Were Written For Him


?? - All songs good and bad were written for him. He didnt write. You made too much out of the topic. Its just a ranking, dont read more into it on how times were different, etc. He sang what he sang, good and bad.


I don't think Elvis sang any songs bad, just bad songs written for him

Re: Elvis' 5 Weakest Movie Title Songs

Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:40 pm

Clambake seems to be a leading contender and I agree. What made it even worse, it was 1967 and a song of this caliber was still being sbmitted for yet another silly movie. At least Guitar Man led off the LP.

Re: Elvis' 5 Weakest Movie Title Songs

Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:49 pm

If I had to list a "worst" grouping of movie title songs, I'd have to put it in the perspective of "which movie title songs would I not play for the uninitiated?" In other words, I'd play Jailhouse Rock, Spinout, or Viva Las Vegas for a potential fan who didn't know much about Elvis. Which ones would I save for later? From that perspective, I'd have to go with:

Clambake
Beyond the Bend
Kissin Cousins
Wonderful World
Roustabout

Re: Elvis' 5 Weakest Movie Title Songs

Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:07 pm

Easy Come, Easy Go
Spinout
Clambake
Speedway
G.I Blues
Those 5 are weaker than the other movie title songs IMO.

Re: Elvis' 5 Weakest Movie Title Songs

Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:04 am

Why so negative?? :D

Anyway, here we go - my personal "favorites":

5. Roustabout
4. Clambake
3. Easy Come, Easy Go
2. Harem Holiday
1. Stay Away, Joe

As the thread says "Movie Title Songs", I'm not sure if I can include "Wonderful World"? :wink:

Although I really like to listen to at least three of the mentioned above from time to time.

Re: Elvis' 5 Weakest Movie Title Songs

Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:33 am

Dont know if i am correct here but "tickle me" is not a good title as I recently saw it in hmv and my teenage daughter not known for her ability to say the right thing asked me why I was looking at porn movies :sosorry:
As for another four? There were a lot ,and clambake has to be there! So there's no 2.
Also I thought about kissin cousins! Never liked that title for all the right reasons.
Spinout and also harum scarum! Not the best titles.
Speak to you all soon
Mark
I also thought the latest bond movie title SKYFALL was pretty crap! So there you go what do I know for all it's worth?
And look what that's done at the box office?

Re: Elvis' 5 Weakest Movie Title Songs

Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:00 am

Clambake, Harem Holiday, PHS are awful

Re: Elvis' 5 Weakest Movie Title Songs

Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:27 am

Paradise, Hawaiian Style, Easy Come, Easy Go, Clambake, Stay Away, Joe, Harum Scarum.