Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: 2 new ftd books

Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:45 am

garry100 wrote:
I agree that all details should have been ironed out before any announcements were made. The excitement generated by the news of a DVD has now been replaced by some real disappointment. Other things that should have been confirmed are the contents of the CD...by just stating in the blub that "detail about the accompanying disc will be provided as soon as possible" Is that really good enough? and considering that behinge the scenes the DVD contents still had'nt gotten clearance. This is turning out to be a bit of a shambles to say the least.

DJC wrote
Cut out the bs, please.


BS...never just my humble opinion.

As may be seen, no "official DVD announcement" was made. That said, there will be some intriguing tracks on the CD.


The cover art may well be a mock up and there will clearly be some changes afterall FTD will have to make alterations to to part which states and I quote -

CD/DVD
Unseen 35m test screen footage of Elvis filmed in Florida



And this is what David English posted on another forum on feb 5 2013

Hi

I am sorry to say, that there will now not be a dvd included with the book Summer of '61 book/cd.

Thanks
David


[img]
ftd_summerof61.jpg
[/img]

Reads to me like there was gonna be a DVD and now there isn't.

Besides that i'm looking forward to Summer of 61, if it's anything like Welcome Home Elvis or Memphis to Hollywood well...nuff...said

Garry
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: 2 new ftd books

Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:51 am

Summer of 61

Nice cover I'm just wondering what there gonna put over the part which says CD/DVD perphaps there just blank it out....... :D

Re: 2 new ftd books

Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:46 am

garry100 wrote:The cover art may well be a mock up ...


Fact: the image is a mock-up.
Fact: there has never been any official announcement of a DVD.
Fact: the release date is listed as April 2013.

Hope this helps.

Re: 2 new ftd books

Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:39 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
garry100 wrote:The cover art may well be a mock up ...


Fact: the image is a mock-up.
Fact: there has never been any official announcement of a DVD.
Fact: the release date is listed as April 2013.

Hope this helps.


Mock up means that the final layout of the cover was not finalized.

But just because you say its a mock up shouldn't change the actual content of the product.

The content would already be decided upon even at the mock up stage of design.

And when I see an ad for an upcoming package, I don't automatically assume its a mock-up.

I would expect it to be the final design.

The picture and words of the mock-up, (which fans will read and assume to be true) is part of the announcement.
When one reads the words 35mm footage on a DVD, then one assumes that is the content of the package even if the
layout is not finalized.

Hope this helps in understanding how this all works. ENJOY!

Trevor is over there on facebook having a cow because some fan assumed there would be a DVD when it was posted here on this site under sony news that
a DVD would be included. So why blame the fan trevor? They only read what was posted on this site.

Bottomline is this is just another fiasco that we were shown something and now they are taking it back.

Re: 2 new ftd books

Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:12 pm

The cover-art should not have been leaked - that's what's gone wrong here. The transmission of information is at fault.

Re: 2 new ftd books

Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:16 pm

ekenee wrote:The content would already be decided upon even at the mock up stage of design.


You clearly have zero experience with the development process. Please return to the discussion when you do. ;-)

Re: 2 new ftd books

Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:05 pm

DJC wrote
if one looks very carefully at the Summer of '61 cover art, it is clearly a mock-up, not the final design



Hold on Fella's...DJC may have a point the cover art could be a mock up...or...or...it could well have been the final design, but it isn't now as I have just found some updated cover art and here it is -

BTW excellent book from the FTD team

ftd_summerof61 1.jpg


book_summer_of_61_cover_display 2.jpg


Can anyone spot the difference...

I think this CA will be close to the finished product
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: 2 new ftd books

Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:18 pm

All I know is that I have never seen Ernst's last name spelt that way before!

Keith Richards, Jr.

Re: 2 new ftd books

Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:55 pm

Front Cover for the book.

Davide
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by davide on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: 2 new ftd books

Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:02 pm

very good but why the cock-up with the back cover?

Re: 2 new ftd books

Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:10 pm

E-1, could you do me a little favor?

Please shut the f' up.

If you could do that one thing, I promise I'll never ask another thing of you.

Thanks ever so much.

Re: 2 new ftd books

Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:13 pm

E-1 wrote:very good but why the cock-up with the back cover?


Hi - that was early version, as you can appreciate, contents, art work and layout are constantly being updated.

Thanks
Davide

Re: 2 new ftd books

Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:17 pm

elvissessions wrote:E-1, could you do me a little favor?

Please shut the f' up.

If you could do that one thing, I promise I'll never ask another thing of you.

Thanks ever so much.

That's been a long time coming... but you forgot to include all his other login names...

Re: 2 new ftd books

Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:19 pm

elvissessions wrote:E-1, could you do me a little favor?

Please shut the f' up.

If you could do that one thing, I promise I'll never ask another thing of you.

Thanks ever so much.


Thanks for your comments.

But it’s a legit question and David has kindly answered part of the question which is fairly obvious, but the question remains as to what’s happened about the DVD element of this project?

As I know of one UK dealer has had 5 cancelled orders on the book because it’s not got the DVD coming with it?
Some here said not interested but once the DVD was seen to be in it, a few changed their minds? it isn’t too hard to comprehend is it?

The more you see into this its not a FTD error but the actual printers of this publication?

Re: 2 new ftd books

Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:30 pm

Can't wait to get these FTD Books/CDs !!!! 8)

Re: 2 new ftd books

Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:37 pm

Andy-M posted: "Can't wait to get these FTD Books/CDs !!!!"

Me too, Andy. I will buy both new FTD books, but am especially looking forward to "Summer of '61." My appetite has been wetted by Doc's statement:

"[T]here will be some intriguing tracks on the CD.
At the end of the day, Summer of '61 will be an essential purchase for the serious Presley collector."

MT

Re: 2 new ftd books

Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:52 pm

elvis-fan wrote:
elvissessions wrote:E-1, could you do me a little favor?

Please shut the f' up.

If you could do that one thing, I promise I'll never ask another thing of you.

Thanks ever so much.

That's been a long time coming... but you forgot to include all his other login names...


+1

Re: 2 new ftd books

Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:53 pm

davide wrote:Hi - that was early version, as you can appreciate, contents, art work and layout are constantly being updated.


Thanks for underscoring what I have been trying to convey to the confused members of FECC.

::rocks

Re: 2 new ftd books

Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:58 pm

Come on Doc can't you come up with nothing better yourself?

Re: 2 new ftd books

Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:06 pm

I'm getting "Summer of '61" for sure. The HMV book doesn't really do it for me. Now, if they had replicated the 45s and made it a boxed set of 45s with the book, then Bingo! That old hunk of plastic would be screaming for mercy!

Re: 2 new ftd books

Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:13 pm

Is there anyone here buying the HMV book, and have the other one already available, as it would be good to get an overview for both. Once it’s out that is.

I haven’t but will be getting this one.

Re: 2 new ftd books

Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:09 am

elvissessions wrote:E-1, could you do me a little favor?

Please shut the f' up.

If you could do that one thing, I promise I'll never ask another thing of you.

Thanks ever so much.

It seems he couldn't do that one thing. :cry:

Re: 2 new ftd books

Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:19 am

Matthew wrote:
elvissessions wrote:E-1, could you do me a little favor?

Please shut the f' up.

If you could do that one thing, I promise I'll never ask another thing of you.

Thanks ever so much.


It seems he couldn't do that one thing. :cry:


I thought he told everyone he was taking a vacation. Or was that "robg"? ;-)

Re: 2 new ftd books

Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:28 am

"Come on Doc can't you come up with nothing better yourself?"

Re: 2 new ftd books

Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:43 am

Matthew wrote:"Come on Doc can't you come up with nothing better yourself?"


Heaven knows, I try my best. ;-)

::rocks