Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: MRS (EP) ‘Such A Night in Pearl Harbor’ Press release !

Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:16 am

Tim C wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:If that's "literally a crown jewel" in your stash, what is A Boy From Tupelo?

I suppose a sour apple...since your comparing it to his orange!!! Hint ...they are two different releases with virtually nothing else in common except Elvis, therefore each release should be dealt with based on their own merits and flaws ...

Hint ...not everyone deals with each release this way, as is evidenced by JEFF d calling one "literally a crown jewel."

Hope this helps. ;-)

Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:31 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
JEFF d wrote:I agree its a beautiful release all around, literally a crown jewel in my collection!

If that's "literally a crown jewel" in your stash, what is A Boy From Tupelo?

my copy of ABFT is another crown jewel in my collection for sure!

JEFF d
EP fan

Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:41 am

JEFF d wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
JEFF d wrote:I agree its a beautiful release all around, literally a crown jewel in my collection!

Yes! But ... there can really only be one "crown jewel." ;-)

Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:11 am

ekenee wrote:
Tony.. wrote:
elvis-fan wrote:I'm not sure if this has been done yet, but it would be interesting to hear an honest comparison between the RCA released tracks and the MRS "upgraded sound" tracks... even a single song to hear the difference.

If you don't own the MRS release, then you are missing out. This has been discussed at length here. The MRS version IS better. The crackling, fade outs and drop outs are gone and there is bass response at last. If you are familiar with the old RCA / bootleg versions of it, then you will hear the improvements straight away. NO contest.

Some people can't handle the truth.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:39 pm

robg wrote:I have no problem with MRS I buy and yes some times get given a FREE CD from them ...

Only sometimes? ;-)

Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:41 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:

10 times more expensive and blighted with pixelated photos in places. Otherwise it's a nice item.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:48 pm

robg wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
JEFF d wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Yes! But ... there can really only be one "crown jewel." ;-)

Drivel, Drivel! "Who are you now Highlander "There Can Only Be One" Jesus you are a fool and a half.

NOTE For Doc re- pot & kettle.

I have no problem with MRS I buy and yes some times get given a FREE CD from them (which I give away as I BUY MY OWN).
As you have been given CD’s and things in the past its no secret, but I doubt you are less giving than most! That aside just look at all the positive posts on this product alone, you are barking up the wrong tree as usual, but it has been fun watching your posts, it’s like watching a nutter on a beach trying to push back the sea, as the tide comes in.

But as with most of your posts on MRS its way passed bowing out gracefully isn’t it.

Yes, let's stamp out MRSism from this board! No MRSists allowed. :lol:

Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:28 am

robg wrote:Oh and Doc, yes I only get a FREE CD from them sometimes, but as with your lovely wink, as I said I buy my own, and give one away, have you ever done that, or do you just hoard it all to yourself, as you come over as that type person.

Do I? You got me there! ;-)

Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:44 am

robg wrote:I have no problem with MRS I buy and yes some times get given a FREE CD from them (which I give away as I BUY MY OWN).

You, tcb1, and E-1 should have a get together and compare your freebies before you all buy your own and give the free ones away. But who likes a party of one anyway...

Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:29 am

"Life is like a box of login names, you never know which'll be banned next!"

Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:27 am

Oh dear, this is the same old song and dance again.

A few quotes from a relevant review:

"(...) hearin the terrific versions of rarely-performed tracks like ´Reconsider Baby´, ´Such A Night´, ´(Now And Then There´s) A Fool Such As I´and ´Swing Down Sweet Chariot´ as presented on RCA's ´Elvis Aron Presley´ box-set or the earlier bootleg vinyl release is like listening to the MRS disc wearing a set of ear-muffs over a balaclava. (...) ´Such A Night In Pearl Harbor´ is a quality package that offers the definitive record of this historic performance and is unlikely to be bettered. It's highly recommended and deserves your serious attention."

-Paul Richardson. Elvis - The Man And His Music No. 96 - June 2012.

So cut the bullsh*t and get the record if you haven't had the sense to buy it yet. And let the dogs bark.

The case is closed.

Peace.

Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:12 am

Matthew wrote:"Life is like a box of login names, you never know which'll be banned next!"

smt174
Now that's funny... I don't care who you are!

Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:03 am

Albert Goldman wrote:So cut the bullsh*t ...

What "bullsh*t" ?

Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:21 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:

What "bullsh*t" ?

Too late for such a silly question, drjohn -
Albert Goldman wrote:The case is closed.

Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:26 am

Blue River wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

What "bullsh*t" ?

Too late ...

Actually, FECC is a discussion forum, and any member may comment on any active topic.

Thank you.

Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:21 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Blue River wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

What "bullsh*t" ?

Too late ...

Actually, FECC is a discussion forum, and any member may comment on any active topic.

But not in this case. Albert Goldman has spoken.
Albert Goldman wrote:The case is closed.

drjohn, how many copies of Such A Night In Pearl Harbor do you own... two?... three?

Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:30 am

Blue River wrote:But not in this case. Albert Goldman has spoken.

I suggest you take a step back, exhale, and ponder the sad fact you wrote this sentence on an Elvis Presley forum.

Meanwhile, I'll await a response from the person to whom I posed the question.

Thanks!

Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:46 pm

Perhaps against my better judgement, I decided to order this CD. I just received it today.
MRS has had some questionable releases in the past that I've chosen not to buy. But I must admit that this is a beautifully packaged product. I haven't listened to it yet but to tell you the truth, I'm not anticipating a major leap in sound quality over the silver box set (based on what I heard from the samples Denny provided). But that's not why I bought the set... I wanted to have this show on it's own. Even if I threw out the CD and kept the book (which is the casing for the CD), the book alone is worth the $25.00 I spent to buy it. There are some stunning photos in this book and there was obviously a lot of thought that went into putting this together. The hard, full color outer cover, the beautiful black and white and color photos, newspaper clippings and pictures of assorted memorabilia associated with the event, make this a well rounded, informative product. I don't have any ax to grind and it may be the last MRS release I buy (the only other one I own is the GI Blues set) but I'm glad I spent the money and it will make a nice addition to my collection. Just my thoughts...

Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:52 pm

elvis-fan wrote:Perhaps against my better judgement, I decided to order this CD. I just received it today.

Good call, but what took you so long ? FTD ?

Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:34 pm

elvis-fan wrote:Perhaps against my better judgement, I decided to order this CD. I just received it today.
MRS has had some questionable releases in the past that I've chosen not to buy. But I must admit that this is a beautifully packaged product. I haven't listened to it yet but to tell you the truth, I'm not anticipating a major leap in sound quality over the silver box set (based on what I heard from the samples Denny provided). But that's not why I bought the set... I wanted to have this show on it's own. Even if I threw out the CD and kept the book (which is the casing for the CD), the book alone is worth the $25.00 I spent to buy it. There are some stunning photos in this book and there was obviously a lot of thought that went into putting this together. The hard, full color outer cover, the beautiful black and white and color photos, newspaper clippings and pictures of assorted memorabilia associated with the event, make this a well rounded, informative product. I don't have any ax to grind and it may be the last MRS release I buy (the only other one I own is the GI Blues set) but I'm glad I spent the money and it will make a nice addition to my collection. Just my thoughts...

Regardless of how they did it, this release represents the best sound that I have heard of this show. The book and packaging is great and it absolutely makes a nice addition to any collection. I do not praise or put down MRS because I don't care who the label is from. If it's something I want in my collection, by God it's going to be there. This is a damn fine release. That said, if FTD ever decides to release it, I will add it to my collection as well.

Hell, I may even buy two copies.

Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:12 pm

Rob wrote:Regardless of how they did it, this release represents the best sound that I have heard of this show.

Be sure to thank RCA for providing the audio. ;-)

Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:17 pm

Thanks to RCA for providing the audio.

Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:19 pm

Rob wrote:Thanks to RCA for providing the audio.

::rocks

Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:24 pm

Good one Doc keep them coming, seems you can't get over this topic. and sarcasm goes over your head once more.

Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:26 pm

Aren't you supposed to be on holiday? C'mon - don't take your work with you! Relax and enjoy!