Off Topic Messages

Eight Months Later...:-(

Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:52 pm

And I still miss my ex-gf/ex-fiance more now than I ever have...she's still in my dreams almost every night...sometimes, I feel like I'm in a nightmare that I can't awaken from...[CRYING FACE][DISAPPOINTED BUT RELIEVED FACE][WEARY FACE][LOUDLY CRYING FACE]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re: Eight Months Later...:-(

Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:25 pm

Cheer up, Tony !

Put some rockin' Elvis songs on !

Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:42 pm

I agree with Colin. For Ol' Times Sake, I Miss You and They Remind Me Too Much Of You always works for me.

Tony, you just got your permit. Go cruisin' around the strip on Saturday night and show those gals what you're made of. You'll be fighting them off of you.

Let us know how it goes.

Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:50 pm

Tony Trout wrote:And I still miss my ex-gf/ex-fiance more now than I ever have...she's still in my dreams almost every night...sometimes, I feel like I'm in a nightmare that I can't awaken from...[CRYING FACE][DISAPPOINTED BUT RELIEVED FACE][WEARY FACE][LOUDLY CRYING FACE]

Remember there are billions of girls on this planet, and you will meet another who will make you happy IF you present your best self to the world each day. Use your faith to keep steady, and stay strong. Most every guy has gone through this -- and it sucks! But time, and a positive outlook, will yield dividends. Trust me, I have been there.

Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:54 pm

Tony Trout wrote:And I still miss my ex-gf/ex-fiance more now than I ever have...she's still in my dreams almost every night...sometimes, I feel like I'm in a nightmare that I can't awaken from...[CRYING FACE][DISAPPOINTED BUT RELIEVED FACE][WEARY FACE][LOUDLY CRYING FACE]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Playing Elvis gospel tunes cheers me up everytime I'm down. The music is quite uplifting....along with a box of ding dongs.

Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:34 am

You need to let go and move on Tony ...you don`t want to stay in this mood any longer.....you deserve better....someday another and better love will find you...if you just let it :smt007

phpBB [video]

TLC
Elvisa

Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:05 am

It happens, very often, when you least expect it, Tony. So long as you put yourself in the right social situations in your community, it happens when you least expect it. I can see that you want that to happen, and so it will: just stay open and positive, and others will pick up on it. People really, really like you! And you'll find one, probably right nearby, who more than likes you.

(As for me, well I've read that I have a better chance of being kidnapped by terrorists. :lol: You gotta laugh . . .)

Stay in the game!

Best,
Robin

Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:08 am

Just remember... only the strong survive:

"There's a whole lot a girls lookin' for a good man like you
Oh, but you'll never meet 'em if you give up now and say that your life is through..."
:wink:

phpBB [video]

Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:33 pm

Thanks, everyone...the hurt and the feelings I still have for her are still very much there and very much more real than they ever have been, though...it's not been a good week, physically, for this ol' boy's health...my back continually bothers me and so do my legs...they're swelling again, as a matter of fact...but the swelling isn't due to any heart-related problems...

I just simply don't let go of things (or loved ones) easily...I fight like hell to keep them...and it hurts so bad when they leave cuz I feel that "rejection" (which I've fought my entire life) coming right back at me....and I am not handling being a single man well at all...

Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:40 pm

Hang in there, Tony, we're all rooting for you.

Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:49 pm

As all others on this thread have said,...... please do hang in there....things will get better. I'd hate to see your name and face plastered all over the evening news...I don't think any one of us in this forum, including yourself would want that as the end result. There are alot of folks out there that are much, much, much worse off than you are at this very moment....I won't get into details how much worse some folks are, but you get my point.....but please think about that after you've chilled out a bit. Putting things in perspective and looking at the bigger picture will help sort things out in the long run.

Best of Luck & Lots of Cheers ! :wink: :smt001

Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:16 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:As all others on this thread have said,...... please do hang in there....things will get better. I'd hate to see your name and face plastered all over the evening news...I don't think any one of us in this forum, including yourself would want that as the end result. There are alot of folks out there that are much, much, much worse off than you are at this very moment....I won't get into details how much worse some folks are, but you get my point.....but please think about that after you've chilled out a bit. Putting things in perspective and looking at the bigger picture will help sort things out in the long run.

Best of Luck & Lots of Cheers ! :wink: :smt001

I'm trying to hang in there but when you deal with depression on a daily basis and you've been dating someone for a long time (four years is the longest I ever held a relationship together) and you find out that it's your disability as to one reason why they won't marry you and that they never loved you as much as they thought, and they tell you this to your own face, it's enough to make me just want to crawl in a hole and stay there for the rest of my life. I've always yearned for companionship and someone to love and I seem to always get shot down...:(

Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:56 pm

Weren't you complaining about posts like this ... writing that this is an Elvis forum ?

Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:51 am

Francesc wrote:Weren't you complaining about posts like this ... writing that this is an Elvis forum ?

You're just trying to live up to your reputation as a nice guy, right?

You can mess with me, but leave my friend alone!

Gosh, did you see that thread Blue River posted called "Inspirational Human Interest" story? Check it out. With few exceptions, I guess, we are here for each other.

rjm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:52 am

Keep your chin up Tony

Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:20 am

rjm wrote:
Francesc wrote:Weren't you complaining about posts like this ... writing that this is an Elvis forum ?

Gosh, did you see that thread Blue River posted called "Inspirational Human Interest" story? Check it out. With few exceptions, I guess, we are here for each other.

rjm

You really don't know if Tony and I are friends or we are kidding each other. So stay away :facep:

And I'm a really nice guy ... most people here will tell you, well some, well a few .. well they left the forum ...well never mind

Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:33 am

Francesc wrote:
rjm wrote:

rjm

You really don't know if Tony and I are friends or we are kidding each other. So stay away :facep:

And I'm a really nice guy ... most people here will tell you, well some, well a few .. well they left the forum ...well never mind

Well said Francesc.......here's a little vid I want people to watch :wink:

phpBB [video]

Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:19 am

If you listen to this over, and over, and over, when you wake up you'll be a new man!!

phpBB [video]

Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:25 am

Francesc wrote:
rjm wrote:

rjm

Okay, okay! (It's kind of . . . instinct. Can't help it.)

rjm
P.S. -- And, Tony's pretty tough in any event.

Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:02 am

I don't know if he is tough or not but I'm sure he can defend himself. Noe let's hope he finds someone and if not just enjoy life.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:54 am

Tony, let the music help heal you.

Here's a Jeff Buckley recording you may appreciate as I did, when I was going through the same kind of sadness.

phpBB [video]

Jeff Buckley, "All Flowers In Time Bend Towards The Sun"
Unreleased duet with Elizabeth Frazier of the Cocteau Twins, New York, circa 1996

All Flowers In Time Bend Towards The Sun
Jeff Buckley

my eyes are a baptism
oh i am filth and sing her to my thoughts
oh phantom elusive thing, oh

all flowers in time bend towards the sun
i know you say that there's no-one for you
but here is one
but here is one, here is one... here is one

one that can never be known
either all drunk with the world at her feet
or sober with no place to go

but here is one

you could come with me, we could travel round
fading farther from me
with your face in my window call

when will you weep for me, sweet willow

it's ok to be angry
but not to hurt me
your happiness, yes, yes, yes darling, darling

but here is one

Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:01 am

I hope things get better for you Tony.
Nothing hurts like a woman.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:54 am

iplayastrat wrote:I hope things get better for you Tony.
Nothing hurts like a woman.

I burnt my hand on the stove t'other day.

That hurt quite a bit.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:41 pm

iplayastrat wrote:Nothing hurts like a woman.

Hmm. Mine feels kinda good.

A man without love is only half of a man, but a woman is nothing at all.

- Elvis Presley
March 1975

Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:15 am

Rob wrote:A man without love is only half of a man, but a woman is nothing at all.

- Elvis Presley
March 1975

What does that line mean anyway?
English is far from my native language, but does it say that a woman without love (i.e. no-one in particular love her in a romantic way) is nothing, while a man in the same
is half of a man? Is that right?
In that case, it has to be one of the stupidest statements ever in an EP song.