Off Topic Messages

Re: BURGER KING ALERT ! ! !

Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:20 am

Rob wrote:
javilu wrote:I've always prefered Wendys anyway.

Wendy's "Hot and Juicy" does it every time.

Perve. :)

Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:31 am

Rob wrote:

Wendy's "Hot and Juicy" does it every time. I seldom do fast food, but I have always enjoyed a burger from Burger King.

Regardless of what animal is on the menu for the day.

We don't have that one in Buenos Aires :P

Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:58 pm

TJ wrote:
Rob wrote:

Why would you call me that? Have you actually seen Wendy's "Hot and Juicy"?

It has tomatoes and everything!

Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:10 pm

TJ wrote:
Rob wrote:

Don't knock it till' you've tried it.

Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:15 pm

rjm wrote:
The Pirate wrote:
rjm wrote:
The Pirate wrote:
Dan_T wrote:So next time im in Burger King and they ask me what I want on my Burger, I'm gonna say a fiver each way please !

I think its disgusting.

Why is it disgusting?

Because it's junk meat, horse or whatever.

The Pirate wrote:Did anyone who ate the burgers complain that they tasted funny?

That stuff usually tastes funny!

The Pirate wrote: Has anyone, at any point, claimed that there was any danger to health?

Yes! Over the past several years.

The Pirate wrote: It's not like they contained horse manure, they contained traces of horse meat.

Fast food burgers have contained deadly E-Coli bacteria. Which is . . . what it is.

The Pirate wrote:Why is it OK to slaughter a living cow, mince up its flesh and cook it, but it isn't OK to do the same with a horse?

Well, for one thing, cattle are born for that purpose. Most of those cattle would not have even lived if not for food. But, still, it's garbage. People should question where their food comes from. At least a little bit.

Last time I ate at Mickey Dees, I barfed. That was it.

rjm

You don't like fast food. I get it. You couldn't just say it, you had to waffle on like you always do, but I get it. However, that has nothing to do with the fact that horse meat is no different than beef or pork, in fact it's probably better for you.

No, I don't like fast food. Didn't think I waffled! LOL! Anyway, I was just having a bit of fun.

I used to eat that stuff all the time. (Even did a lot of time at The Waffle House!)

I suppose you could argue that "horse" would be a step up. ;)

rjm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

I'm not sure that cattle being bred to be eaten is the reason why they are accepted as food and horse is not. It's a non-logical response - how they feel about animals (their perceptions as pets, workhorses, part of their identity etc):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21043368

Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:59 am

I love burgers, as long as they taste good!!!!

Horse is only meet at the end of the day. Only difference between horse meat and cow meat is basically the choices we make.

Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:05 pm

roustabout2014 wrote:Only difference between horse meat and cow meat is basically the choices we make.

Ummm... not exactly. :facep:

Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:32 pm

They need reigning in for this.

Brian