Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: New Gravel Road CD released

Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:43 pm

If you have these already it is a pointless release if you don’t the fine, as it states the 72 is a bonus disc, but is this CD selling as a single CD release? NO not at almost 30 EUROS it is far from it.
Personally I would not class it as a bonus disc, more an excuse to get more money off of poor old fans. But that doesn’t come over as well in the usual sales pitch.

But this is the way of this fellow..

Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:56 pm

I agree that they could have used this opportunity to include the missing songs from the '72 show. They could have lifted the tracks from the DVD at the very least...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:12 pm

Tony.. wrote:I'd rather do THIS
rob.jpg

I noticed that you burn all of your money.. :shock:

Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:41 pm

Rob wrote:Sorry, gang, this time we will have to wait for Tony to tell us how it is.

I'll save you the trouble of waiting for Tony's response, because here it is......."BOOOOGITIE BOOOOGITIE HUMMMBUG !! DOOOM & GLOOOM !!! MY HAIRY NOSE BOOGER IS WORTH MORE THAN THIS RELEASE !! BAAAAAH HUMMMBUGGG !!!" POUTTTTS ! "

Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:37 pm

Tony.. wrote:Waste of money.

I'm getting it for sure now.

Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:23 am

phpBB [video]

Last edited by elvis1977br on Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:32 am

Preview with sound samples
phpBB [video]

Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:25 pm

Yes the Hampton roads 1976 certainly is much improved in SOUND Quality.

Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:33 pm

Rob wrote:

So am I ;) :smt003

Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:39 pm

BrianTCB wrote:
Rob wrote:

So am I ;) :smt003

I'm only getting it to use as a beer bottle coaster and to annoy the heck out of Tony.

Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:21 pm

I think we need to accept this is the future of EP bootlegs.
Countless soundboard reruns and of course, occasional interesting audience releases.

Let's embrace FTD big time while the label is still "on"..

Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:34 pm

Robert wrote:I think we need to accept this is the future of EP bootlegs.
Countless soundboard reruns and of course, occasional interesting audience releases.

Let's embrace FTD big time while the label is still "on"..

I think you're right, we have been seeing it for some years...

I must admit it sure looks nice. Anyone can comment on the sound of the Hampton Roads '72 show ? Any improvements ?

Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:44 pm

James27 wrote: Any improvements ?

None whatsoever. No new material. No improved sound. But gullable fans will buy it anyway because it smells nice when you open up the plastic wrapping.

Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:21 am

ok so 76' SOUND IS MUCH IMPROVED.... but a 'bonus' of a rip off triangle Zero added improvement 1972 incomplete Hampton roads 9/4/72 E/S is quite a rip off indeed!~ :?

Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:27 am

Not even any rehearsal stuff added from 72, just a straight copy as that tube vid shows ......

Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:20 am

Johnny2523 wrote:Preview with sound samples
phpBB [video]

It does sound a tad better. I liked to know if he still sounds nasal on See See Rider. That's the test I'd listen to.

Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:29 pm

YDKM wrote:ok so 76' SOUND IS MUCH IMPROVED....

I don't hear that from the sample provided... I have the original boot and the sound, ironically enough, is one of the best sounding soundboards available... the irony is in the quality of the performance... one of Elvis' worst.

Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:32 pm

[quote="YDKM"]ok so 76' SOUND IS MUCH IMPROVED.... but a 'bonus' of a rip off triangle Zero added improvement 1972 incomplete Hampton roads 9/4/72 E/S is quite a rip off indeed!~ :?[/quote]

Now, now. Do'nt be negative!! EVERYTHING Elvis ever did is great! Didn't you know? And this cd package is a bargain full of previously unheard songs. It's got Elvis' name on it, so some will buy it just for that. :roll:

Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:49 pm

Don`t be so negative..the release is not as bad as it is made here..really...it`s a nice package and those who hadn`t the shows
on import before will be more than pleased..I had the 1976 show only as cdr before ..now I have it on silver disc..it`s fine for me..

Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:14 pm

Ciscoking wrote:Don`t be so negative..the release is not as bad as it is made here..really...it`s a nice package and those who hadn`t the shows
on import before will be more than pleased..I had the 1976 show only as cdr before ..now I have it on silver disc..it`s fine for me..

Good points. New material is, inevitably, in short supply these days, but it is worth noting that many of us don't own everything that has ever been issued.

In the case of this title, I am happy with what I've already got, but for those that don't already own these recordings, or simply enjoy collecting, this is a worthwhile release.

There are a few titles that I've missed over the years that I would like to pick up, and if a good quality re-issue proves to be better value than tracking down an original, I would be happy to do this. We also need to consider the new fans, who weren't around when Fort Baxter (etc.) were issuing their original discs.

Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:51 pm

Listening to the '76 Hampton Roads show feels like diggin' in the dirt. If you want to re-release a soundboard than please look out for a worthy show. This is good looking crap and it's a real shame to sell it together with the '72 Hampton Roads performance. Listening to both shows in a row feels depressing as it is almost unbelievable that you're listening to the same singer. What a difference in only 4 years and 4 months. Incredible.

Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:13 pm

Unfortunately it is part of the history and we have to face it..Elvis` career had sun and shadow....
Don`t overrate this release,..though..it`s just an import..and no official mainstream...the 1972 show
compensates a lot.. :wink:

Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:23 pm

I'm far from overrating it in any form. :D
If anyone has none of the shows then go ahead, but I really can't see a reason to release one of Elvis finest live recordings with some of his very worst.
At least it makes no sense in my opinion.

Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:31 pm

Joern wrote:Listening to the '76 Hampton Roads show feels like diggin' in the dirt. If you want to re-release a soundboard than please look out for a worthy show. This is good looking crap and it's a real shame to sell it together with the '72 Hampton Roads performance. Listening to both shows in a row feels depressing as it is almost unbelievable that you're listening to the same singer. What a difference in only 4 years and 4 months. Incredible.

It's an unfortunate coupling, but despite the performance quality of the '76 show, some people still collect these things. I've seen this set selling for slightly higher than the cost of an FTD release, and that must surely be cheaper than tracking down mint copies of the original Baxter and Triangle titles, so it does serve a purpose.

The days when every bootleg title offers previously unissued material are long gone I'm afraid.

Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:33 pm

Yes i have also seen this set for sale for more $$ than a FTD.... but in my opinion its not worth buying..... spend your money on the brand new 'Audionics ' release instead-it will be better listening pleasure.