Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Bruce Jackson What happened with his Soundboard Collection?

Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:47 pm

Hi everyone,
Read an intresting post about the late BJ yesterday and just would like to ask, what happened to his SB collection. A mate of him refered to it recently on this board. If I am correct, he was said to posess the June 26 SB and Pittsburgh 76 (?). And there are surely countless other tapes from Springsteen etc...
Greetings from Switzerland, Peter.

Re: Bruce Jackson What happened with his Soundboard Collecti

Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:44 am

In an air-conditioned depository in the US, along with his Streisand recordings..

One day maybe his wife will see the chance to please keen Elvis collectors (and economic sense) by letting FTD or someone else have access.

Cheers, Piers

Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:47 am

There has got to be some interesting shows in that collection... does anyone know how to get in touch with his family to find out?

Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:49 am

I would imagine that she knows the value of the collection she possesses. Who know's maybe she knows Bruce's feelings regarding the sale of his collection and she is just following his wishes.

Burning Love

Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:12 am

I have a feeling that much of it has already been released. Who knows, maybe all of it.

Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:54 am

what does it matter anyways? FTD releases unreleased soundboards and then fans just bitch about the recording and or the shape elvis is in... and then they are forgotten about

JEFF d
EP fan

Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:52 pm

JEFF d wrote:what does it matter anyways? FTD releases unreleased soundboards and then fans just bitch about the recording and or the shape elvis is in... and then they are forgotten about

JEFF d
EP fan

Indeed! Some fans thrive on tearing each and every release down to some degree. Perhaps the hunger for more and more is driven by the fear of loosing one's purpose in life!

Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:18 pm

PiersEIN wrote:In an air-conditioned depository in the US, along with his Streisand recordings..

One day maybe his wife will see the chance to please keen Elvis collectors (and economic sense) by letting FTD or someone else have access.

Cheers, Piers

Thanks a lot, Piers and everyone for taking your time. I knew after browsing the forum, I was just another poster with a similar question. Well, I just hope Ernst has made a contact. A Pittsburgh re-release in SB qualitiy and June 26 SB (read a post yesterday BJ sold it to Sherif Hannah) would be a great find...Cheers, Peter. 8)

Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:31 am

peterhauri wrote:
PiersEIN wrote:In an air-conditioned depository in the US, along with his Streisand recordings..

Cheers, Piers

Thanks a lot, Piers and everyone for taking your time. I knew after browsing the forum, I was just another poster with a similar question. Well, I just hope Ernst has made a contact. A Pittsburgh re-release in SB qualitiy and June 26 SB (read a post yesterday BJ sold it to Sherif Hannah) would be a great find...Cheers, Peter. 8)

I would be delighted with a re-release of both shows.If the soundboards of both shows could be located and released they would make a great 2-CD set coupled with the already released audience recordings. They could even release a 2-CD + DVD of the fan recorded footage of the shows. I think these would make very nice FTD releases, especially because of the historical significance of both shows.

Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:43 am

Somebody ask Ernst if he has "made a contract" yet.

Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:00 pm

Robt wrote:Somebody ask Ernst if he has "made a contract" yet.

LOL, yess. My boy, my boy. Got me. I am not an anglo...;-) German based and sometimes spanish speaking as well. Therefore I stand corrected: Somebody ask Ernst if he c o n t a c t e d Bruce Jackson's family... :D correct ? See ya. So please contact me if it happened ;-)