Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis and Queen

Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:58 am

just watching an doc. about Queen and see they were touring in the USA in the seventies....did elvis ever said anything about Queen...................???

Re: Elvis and Queen

Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:17 am

No.

Re: Elvis and Queen

Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:19 am

ep2 wrote:just watching an doc. about Queen and see they were touring in the USA in the seventies....did elvis ever said anything about Queen...................???


Some say Elvis enjoyed blasting "Bohemian Rhapsody" while riding around Memphis in his Stutz.

Re: Elvis and Queen

Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:48 am

I'm not aware of any reference to queen from Elvis but a one-liner of BoRap from Elvis would be an amazing find for me!

Elvis and Queen are my two ultimate favourites in music, I never tire of hearing either. The vocal range and stage presence both Elvis and Freddie Mercury had were amazing, I have great respect for both men.

Freddie sang Jailhouse rock live as early as 1974 and here's a nice version from Montreal in 1981:
- Note the unique Freddie-crowd interaction towards the end :D
phpBB [video]

Re: Elvis and Queen

Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:01 am

What about E.L.O. Did Elvis dig ELO ?

Re: Elvis and Queen

Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:29 am

I seem to recall after Elvis passed away... Queen rented out his airplane the Lisa Marie to tour in!

JEFF d
EP fan

Re: Elvis and Queen

Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:01 am

If that it's true, Elvis could have rent his planes in 1976 and 1977 to make a lot of money because he needed more cash.

Re: Elvis and Queen

Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:28 am

flamingstar81 wrote:I'm not aware of any reference to queen from Elvis but a one-liner of BoRap from Elvis would be an amazing find for me!

Elvis and Queen are my two ultimate favourites in music, I never tire of hearing either. The vocal range and stage presence both Elvis and Freddie Mercury had were amazing, I have great respect for both men.

Freddie sang Jailhouse rock live as early as 1974 and here's a nice version from Montreal in 1981:
- Note the unique Freddie-crowd interaction towards the end :D
phpBB [video]



Freddie was an amazing vocalist. What we sometimes forget, is that their drummer, Roger Taylor, had/has a brutal vocal range. Lot´s of the highest notes on different Queen recordings, are from Roger. Brian May also had a nice voice. "39" from "A night at the opera" is a good example. Important to know that vocal range isn´t always the same as good singing.

By the way: Paul McCartney has wider vocal range than any of the above mentioned.

Queen are almost the only group that all four member wrote world wide hits/classics:

Freddie Mercury: Bohemian Rahpsody, We are the champions, Crazy little thing called love etc.
Brian May: We will rock you, Now I´m here, The show must go on etc.
John Deacon: You´re my best friend, Another one bites the dust, I wan´t to break free etc.
Roger Taylor: Radio ga ga, A kind of magic, These are the days of our lives etc.

Re: Elvis and Queen

Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:44 am

JEFF d wrote:I seem to recall after Elvis passed away... Queen rented out his airplane the Lisa Marie to tour in!

JEFF d
EP fan



that is right. I think it was late 1977 that they rented the Lisa Marie while touring. It is also mentioned in a Queen biografy.

The song ' Crazy little thing called love ' also has an Elvis link. I think it was written as a tribute to him.

Re: Elvis and Queen

Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:58 am

Some say Elvis enjoyed blasting "Bohemian Rhapsody" while riding around Memphis in his Stutz.


THIS has just made my day. :D

Re: Elvis and Queen

Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:48 pm

flamingstar81 wrote:Elvis and Queen are my two ultimate favourites in music, I never tire of hearing either. The vocal range and stage presence both Elvis and Freddie Mercury had were amazing, I have great respect for both men.



Me too :smt023 freddie was a fan of elvis im sure i read that somewhere and crazy little thing called love & man on the prowl was his go at the elvis sound.


phpBB [video]



phpBB [video]

Re: Elvis and Queen

Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:21 pm

If you close your eyes and then your ears...and then drive very very far away...then have a total lobotomy, then then bury yourself at sea, somewhere deep like underneath the Titanic, which I admit could be a challenge after that lobotomy but just saying suppose you did all that - then you could almost think this was Elvis singing Bohemian Rhapsody. Well maybe he goes downhill after the first second and a half cos that's all I was able to endure. Why do people this awful DO these things???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_ElduJqo_Y

Re: Elvis and Queen

Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:59 pm

elmonstro wrote:If you close your eyes and then your ears...and then drive very very far away...then have a total lobotomy, then then bury yourself at sea, somewhere deep like underneath the Titanic, which I admit could be a challenge after that lobotomy but just saying suppose you did all that - then you could almost think this was Elvis singing Bohemian Rhapsody. Well maybe he goes downhill after the first second and a half cos that's all I was able to endure. Why do people this awful DO these things???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_ElduJqo_Y



WOW what a knob ! turned it off after 6 seconds thats all i could endure !!! bet he is a member of Tcb-World smt174

Re: Elvis and Queen

Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:11 pm

rocknroller wrote:
elmonstro wrote:If you close your eyes and then your ears...and then drive very very far away...then have a total lobotomy, then then bury yourself at sea, somewhere deep like underneath the Titanic, which I admit could be a challenge after that lobotomy but just saying suppose you did all that - then you could almost think this was Elvis singing Bohemian Rhapsody. Well maybe he goes downhill after the first second and a half cos that's all I was able to endure. Why do people this awful DO these things???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_ElduJqo_Y



WOW what a knob ! turned it off after 6 seconds thats all i could endure !!! bet he is a member of Tcb-World smt174

Man on the prowl was far far far better

Re: Elvis and Queen

Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:16 pm

keninlincs wrote:
rocknroller wrote:
elmonstro wrote:If you close your eyes and then your ears...and then drive very very far away...then have a total lobotomy, then then bury yourself at sea, somewhere deep like underneath the Titanic, which I admit could be a challenge after that lobotomy but just saying suppose you did all that - then you could almost think this was Elvis singing Bohemian Rhapsody. Well maybe he goes downhill after the first second and a half cos that's all I was able to endure. Why do people this awful DO these things???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_ElduJqo_Y



WOW what a knob ! turned it off after 6 seconds thats all i could endure !!! bet he is a member of Tcb-World smt174

Man on the prowl was far far far better



I love both ken but crazy little thing was massive song for them a no 1 in america and top 10 here. Man on the prowl was an album filler that said did queen do album fillers ? probably not !!!

Re: Elvis and Queen

Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:24 pm

elmonstro wrote:If you close your eyes and then your ears...and then drive very very far away...then have a total lobotomy, then then bury yourself at sea, somewhere deep like underneath the Titanic, which I admit could be a challenge after that lobotomy but just saying suppose you did all that - then you could almost think this was Elvis singing Bohemian Rhapsody. Well maybe he goes downhill after the first second and a half cos that's all I was able to endure. Why do people this awful DO these things???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_ElduJqo_Y

I think the more important question is: What the f$#% is he doing with that coat rack???

Re: Elvis and Queen

Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:28 pm

elvis-fan wrote:
elmonstro wrote:If you close your eyes and then your ears...and then drive very very far away...then have a total lobotomy, then then bury yourself at sea, somewhere deep like underneath the Titanic, which I admit could be a challenge after that lobotomy but just saying suppose you did all that - then you could almost think this was Elvis singing Bohemian Rhapsody. Well maybe he goes downhill after the first second and a half cos that's all I was able to endure. Why do people this awful DO these things???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_ElduJqo_Y

I think the more important question is: What the f$#% is he doing with that coat rack???


Its a microphone ! Dooh :oops: :roll: :wink: :lol:

Re: Elvis and Queen

Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:12 pm

I find it so strange......the all had music clips....."Bohemian Rhapsody" etc and Elvis......not 1 !!!!!!!!!!

Re: Elvis and Queen

Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:57 pm

on elvis funerals, colonel said 'the show must go on' and queen did a song from this story ...

Re: Elvis and Queen

Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:04 pm

crazy little things was surely inspired of elvis early songs ....

Re: Elvis and Queen

Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:05 pm

rocknroller wrote:
keninlincs wrote:
rocknroller wrote:
elmonstro wrote:If you close your eyes and then your ears...and then drive very very far away...then have a total lobotomy, then then bury yourself at sea, somewhere deep like underneath the Titanic, which I admit could be a challenge after that lobotomy but just saying suppose you did all that - then you could almost think this was Elvis singing Bohemian Rhapsody. Well maybe he goes downhill after the first second and a half cos that's all I was able to endure. Why do people this awful DO these things???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_ElduJqo_Y



WOW what a knob ! turned it off after 6 seconds thats all i could endure !!! bet he is a member of Tcb-World smt174

Man on the prowl was far far far better



I love both ken but crazy little thing was massive song for them a no 1 in america and top 10 here. Man on the prowl was an album filler that said did queen do album fillers ? probably not !!!


I love Queen, but they did do their fillers. Depending of taste of course, but "Hot space" from 1982 have quite a few. Even "News of the world", "A kind of magic", "The works" and The miracle" have one or two less inspired tracks on them

Re: Elvis and Queen

Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:28 pm

rocknroller wrote:
elvis-fan wrote:
elmonstro wrote:If you close your eyes and then your ears...and then drive very very far away...then have a total lobotomy, then then bury yourself at sea, somewhere deep like underneath the Titanic, which I admit could be a challenge after that lobotomy but just saying suppose you did all that - then you could almost think this was Elvis singing Bohemian Rhapsody. Well maybe he goes downhill after the first second and a half cos that's all I was able to endure. Why do people this awful DO these things???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_ElduJqo_Y

I think the more important question is: What the f$#% is he doing with that coat rack???


Its a microphone ! Dooh :oops: :roll: :wink: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Elvis and Queen

Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:14 pm

dreambear wrote:
rocknroller wrote:
keninlincs wrote:
rocknroller wrote:
elmonstro wrote:If you close your eyes and then your ears...and then drive very very far away...then have a total lobotomy, then then bury yourself at sea, somewhere deep like underneath the Titanic, which I admit could be a challenge after that lobotomy but just saying suppose you did all that - then you could almost think this was Elvis singing Bohemian Rhapsody. Well maybe he goes downhill after the first second and a half cos that's all I was able to endure. Why do people this awful DO these things???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_ElduJqo_Y



WOW what a knob ! turned it off after 6 seconds thats all i could endure !!! bet he is a member of Tcb-World smt174

Man on the prowl was far far far better



I love both ken but crazy little thing was massive song for them a no 1 in america and top 10 here. Man on the prowl was an album filler that said did queen do album fillers ? probably not !!!


I love Queen, but they did do their fillers. Depending of taste of course, but "Hot space" from 1982 have quite a few. Even "News of the world", "A kind of magic", "The works" and The miracle" have one or two less inspired tracks on them



your right i forgot about hot space awful album(what was freddie thinking) but the other 4 albums i love all the songs and the works has always been my fav queen album !!!

Re: Elvis and Queen

Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:16 pm

tcb4 wrote:on elvis funerals, colonel said 'the show must go on' and queen did a song from this story ...



Really ? did not know that ! what an amazing song !!!

Re: Elvis and Queen

Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:12 am

I love Queen, but they did do their fillers. Depending of taste of course, but "Hot space" from 1982 have quite a few. Even "News of the world", "A kind of magic", "The works" and The miracle" have one or two less inspired tracks on them


Hot Space was a direct result of the success Queen had with Another One Bites The Dust in 1980. Number 1 in the USA and their biggest hit worldwide, bigger than Bohemian Rhapsody if you can believe that. Freddie wanted to go down the black/funk route for a whole album and dragged the rest of the unconvinced band with him. Brian May was certainly not keen! Bugger all guitar on Hot Space! Brian, Roger and Freddie's personal assistant have since stated that Freddie was being influenced in a very bad way at the time by another personal assistant called Paul Prenter. If you want to see how this influence manifested itself just check out the video for Queen's Body Language which came from the Hot Space album. It's basically a solo recording and the video was 100& Freddie. You can imagine how the rest of the band felt about appearing in it.... I think egos were out of control with the band and the band were not getting along throughout the recording of Hot Space and a substandard album was the result. Having said that I don't mind the album and certainly prefer it to The Miracle which IS a bad album full of nasty drum machines, lacklustre song writing and terrible 80's production. Freddie had less input into this album than any other as he was concentrating on Barcelona at the time and had also recently been diagnosed with full blown AIDS. :( His mind was on other things. When he got his focus and commitment to the band back he was able to end his career on a high with the vastly superior Innuendo album. When Freddie really showed up for work Queen's music really shone. I really miss his presence in the world. By the way Peter Freestone recently said in his blog that Freddie Mercury put two singers on a pedestal - John Lennon and Elvis.