Off Topic Messages

Sorry Folks..

Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:18 pm

Sorry about the downtime experienced a little earlier this morning. It appears the data center decided to "work on their infrastructure" and didn't alert me until it was finished. Everything is operational again, though.

Re: Sorry Folks..

Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:53 pm

We love you, Jordan.

Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:03 pm

You're the man. I'd forgotten what fresh air was.

::rocks

Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:25 am

Were you working at the Super Bowl last night? :D

Just kidding Jordan. You ARE the Man!

::rocks

Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:23 am

Im looking for a new best friend ! and your it jordan !!! ::rocks

Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:32 am

You da man Jordan! Although I never experienced any down time because I was at work during said down time!!! ;)

Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:43 pm

FECC would not be here without your work ... and servers! There is so much accurate Elvis information, and so many rare images, that to lose it all would be a huge loss to any fan of the man or his music.

Thank you for all that you do.

Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:02 am

Jordan,..you are the best..really.. ::rocks

Thank you..!!!... ::rocks

Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:07 am

Let's take a collection and get that man a Cadillac.

Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:27 am

Jordan rocks. If I wasn't married......

Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:53 am

Thanks everyone for your kind words! Just added a new backup server in Ireland. This will ensure that there is an exact copy of all the data in geographically diverse locations.
Simply put, if any catastrophic failure occurs on one server, there would be an exact replica of the data on another server.

Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:50 am

fecc-mechanic wrote:Thanks everyone for your kind words! Just added a new backup server in Ireland. This will ensure that there is an exact copy of all the data in geographically diverse locations.
Simply put, if any catastrophic failure occurs on one server, there would be an exact replica of the data on another server.

Oh-oh. Beware of manic, "early Elvis" statue-lovers out there. ;-)

Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:36 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
fecc-mechanic wrote:Thanks everyone for your kind words! Just added a new backup server in Ireland. This will ensure that there is an exact copy of all the data in geographically diverse locations.

I happen to work in two of the biggest Datacentres in Ireland occasionally.. I'll keep an eye out for him (I'm pretty sure there's only one ;-) )

Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:06 am

KevinK wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

I happen to work in two of the biggest Datacentres in Ireland occasionally.. I'll keep an eye out for him (I'm pretty sure there's only one ;-) )

Thank you!