Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:35 pm

Zero Dark Thirty

Re: last movie you watched

Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:53 pm

Rob wrote:Zero Dark Thirty

Not seen it yet any good rob ?

Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:55 pm

Went to the cinama today and seen Django Unchained ,i loved it ! tarantino at his very best !!!

Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:44 am

rocknroller wrote:

I liked it. Once the choppers land and the Seals are inside the compound, I found myself literally holding my breath.

See it if you can.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:35 pm

Rob wrote:
rocknroller wrote:

I liked it. Once the choppers land and the Seals are inside the compound, I found myself literally holding my breath.

See it if you can.

Cheers rob, i will check it out.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:43 pm

rocknroller wrote:Went to the cinama today and seen Django Unchained ,i loved it ! tarantino at his very best !!!

Agree Pat,an excellent movie

Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:34 pm

Delboy wrote:Just returned from the cinema having seen Django Unchained. I have to say this is a fantastic return to form for Tarantino. The movie is a visual spectacular with Tarantino at his best. It wasn't at all what I was expecting but in a positive way. Jamie Fox and Leonardo DiCaprio are beyond superb. If you have a few hours to spare you could do a lot worse than see this movie.

It's absolutely brilliant, I'd completely forgotten DiCaprio was in it until they went to Candyland. I didn't like Samuel Jacksons character much, but Jamie Foxx smashed it.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:26 pm

rocknroller wrote:

I was tempted to go see it, but one of the papers gave the ending away...............

Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:11 pm

Snake Eyes wrote:
Delboy wrote:Just returned from the cinema having seen Django Unchained. I have to say this is a fantastic return to form for Tarantino. The movie is a visual spectacular with Tarantino at his best. It wasn't at all what I was expecting but in a positive way. Jamie Fox and Leonardo DiCaprio are beyond superb. If you have a few hours to spare you could do a lot worse than see this movie.

It's absolutely brilliant, I'd completely forgotten DiCaprio was in it until they went to Candyland. I didn't like Samuel Jacksons character much, but Jamie Foxx smashed it.

your right samuel L jacksons character was horrible but he played it very well,dicaprio & fox were amazing !!!

Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:41 pm

rocknroller wrote:
Snake Eyes wrote:

your right samuel L jacksons character was horrible but he played it very well,dicaprio & fox were amazing !!!

Am I the only one who thinks Samuel L Jackson looked like Yoda in it?

Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:45 pm

Snake Eyes wrote:
rocknroller wrote:
Snake Eyes wrote:

Am I the only one who thinks Samuel L Jackson looked like Yoda in it?

He did a bit :lol:

Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:46 am

Went to see bullet to the head ! classic stallone,loved it !!!

Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:57 am

Marathon Man - One of my favourite films from the 1970's

Wiki - Marathon Man is a 1976 suspense/thriller film directed by John Schlesinger. It was adapted by William Goldman from his novel of the same name and stars Dustin Hoffman, Laurence Olivier, Roy Scheider, William Devane and Marthe Keller.

Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:40 pm

Went to see Lincoln tonight at the cinema,fantastic movie a true epic.daniel day lewis deserves the oscar !!!

Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:24 pm

Went to see 'Two Days In New York'. This is the first time I have ever walked out on a movie. I left after about 20 minutes. The premise is two divorcee's with children from previous marriages set up home together in New York. She is a white French lady and he a black New Yorker. Her disfunctional family come over from France to visit and chaos ensues. The problem was the dialogue was far too fast and it was near impossible to keep up with the pace of the subtitles. Also Chris Rock playing the lead with his 100 MPH delivery made it even harder. It was hard work and I couldn't keep up. Others may have better luck. Anyway, on the radar:

Lincoln
Life of Pi
Zero Dark Thirty

Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:53 am

Delboy wrote:Went to see 'Two Days In New York'. This is the first time I have ever walked out on a movie. I left after about 20 minutes. The premise is two divorcee's with children from previous marriages set up home together in New York. She is a white French lady and he a black New Yorker. Her disfunctional family come over from France to visit and chaos ensues. The problem was the dialogue was far too fast and it was near impossible to keep up with the pace of the subtitles. Also Chris Rock playing the lead with his 100 MPH delivery made it even harder. It was hard work and I couldn't keep up. Others may have better luck. Anyway, on the radar:

Lincoln
Life of Pi
Zero Dark Thirty

Not seen Two Days In New York yet,i do like chris rock but his movies can be hit & miss.If you have an interest in the american civil war then lincoln is a must !!!

Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:09 pm

"The Last Stand" - saw it twice for the german censorship brough a cut version to the movie theatres first (22 seconds edited out due to violence). Then a week later they started showing the original R-Rated version. A friend of mine, who boycotts everything concerning censorship, went along with me to see it. I must say I really enjoyed it, although Arnie really got "ooooold". :wink:
A shame it didn't do well on the box office for most of the people who watched it, seemed to like it.

And now during my sickness I watched "Marnie", "Torn Curtain", "Topas", "Rope", "Frenzy" and later on "Rear Window".

Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:27 am

I just saw Django Unchained.

I really liked the first 40 minutes of it and then i felt it dragged on and got very boring.

I didn't like it.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:31 pm

Went to see diehard 5 last night,very cheesy but enjoyed it !!!

Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:05 am

In '68, I remember watching two outstanding movies that changed modern day science-fiction films, '2001 A Space Odyssey' was the most famous out of the two, but 'Planet of the Apes' stands on its own ground and became a classic.

The original 'Planet of the Apes' is better than the 2001 remake imo.

Taylor tries to make sense of this "upside-down" world, he finally escapes from his captors with his mate Nova riding along the beach on horseback to the Forbidden Zone, once a paradise... Suddenly he spots something unusual in the distance... He remembers what Zaius told him, "You may not like what you find!" What he can see was not a rock but salt-stained metal... As he draws closer, the camera slowly draws back and up to reveal what must come as a terrible shock... and Taylor cries out..."You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!"

Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:36 am

Payback - One of my favourite films, some very funny dialogue in it. Mel Gibson is brilliant as usual too.

Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:10 am

EPA4368 wrote:In '68, I remember watching two outstanding movies that changed modern day science-fiction films, '2001 A Space Odyssey' was the most famous out of the two, but 'Planet of the Apes' stands on its own ground and became a classic.

The original 'Planet of the Apes' is better than the 2001 remake imo.

Taylor tries to make sense of this "upside-down" world, he finally escapes from his captors with his mate Nova riding along the beach on horseback to the Forbidden Zone, once a paradise... Suddenly he spots something unusual in the distance... He remembers what Zaius told him, "You may not like what you find!" What he can see was not a rock but salt-stained metal... As he draws closer, the camera slowly draws back and up to reveal what must come as a terrible shock... and Taylor cries out..."You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!"

The 1968 version of Planet of the Apes is the best version no doubt about that.but i kinda like tim burtons 2001 remake ! i thought helena bonham carter & Paul Giamatti where amazing in the movie and i loved burtons dark look(as with all his movies)worked well in the movie.i upgraded to the blu-ray last year and it looks stunning !!!

Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:48 pm

flamingstar81 wrote:Payback - One of my favourite films, some very funny dialogue in it. Mel Gibson is brilliant as usual too.

Don't miss his new one, "Get The Gringo"!
When I watched it, the place was packed (it was a sneak preview) and everybody had a great time.
Although his acting kinda reminded me of his character in "Payback" from time to time, it was hilarious fun - and soooo cool!