Here you can discuss other musicians and CD reissues etc

Hep Stars - When My Blue Moon Turns To Gold Again

Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:53 am

Swedish pop group the Hep Stars [featuring ABBA's Benny Andersson] covered a number of Elvis [related] recordings throughout their career.

This one from 1965 is pretty cool - even with the whistling.

Dig it!

phpBB [video]

Re: Hep Stars - When My Blue Moon Turns To Gold Again

Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:13 pm

Thanks for posting. I still have an old 45RPM from the Hep Stars: "Farmer John".

Re: Hep Stars - When My Blue Moon Turns To Gold Again

Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:04 am

The lead singer of Hep Stars name is Sven Hedlund and he is a big Elvis fan, there was a LP release in the mid sixties called Svenne Sings Elvis, a lot of covers from Elvis.
The latest release from 2012 is called Svenne sings Elvis in Memphis. That album is recorded in Memphis.
Today there might be some old fans still listening to his stuff but he is almost forgotten today. Back in the sixties Hep Stars was very big in Sweden and Scandinavia they hold the number one two and four spot the same week
wit Beatles at number Three on the Swedish Top Ten chart.

The Svenne sings Elvis from the midsixties is not very good, they made their biggest hits with other material and
some songs was written by the band members themself. Still Hep Stars is cult in Sweden and the was a live album
Hep Stars On Stage that was quite good aswell, at last the organ intro on Blue Moon turns To Gold is a very young Benny Andersson he joined Hep Stars at the Age 17.