Off Topic Messages

10th year anniversary as FECC Forum member!

Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:31 pm

I just realized that coming up in April I will have been a Forum member for 10 years! Then I went to the member list to see who will be having their 10th anniversary in 2013. It wasn't until I reached the bottom of page 18 on the member list that someone had joined in 2004. That's a lot of folks. Happy anniversary to us. I want to thank the members of this Forum for 10 years of posts. Also, thanks to those who started the site. On a personal note, this Forum got me through some very hard times in my life. Oh, and I forgot to thank the one for which this exists-Elvis! May the next 10 years continue to be as helpful and entertaining as it has been. My, how time flies!

Re: 10th year anniversary as FECC Forum member!

Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:03 am

Congratulations to all The Originals for their decade of building this great community, from this green two-year vet.

rjm

Re: 10th year anniversary as FECC Forum member!

Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:54 am

nashnet wrote:I just realized that coming up in April I will have been a Forum member for 10 years! Then I went to the member list to see who will be having their 10th anniversary in 2013. It wasn't until I reached the bottom of page 18 on the member list that someone had joined in 2004. That's a lot of folks. Happy anniversary to us. I want to thank the members of this Forum for 10 years of posts. Also, thanks to those who started the site. On a personal note, this Forum got me through some very hard times in my life. Oh, and I forgot to thank the one for which this exists-Elvis! May the next 10 years continue to be as helpful and entertaining as it has been. My, how time flies!


It's your Golden Decade! Enjoy.

Re: 10th year anniversary as FECC Forum member!

Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:42 am

Wow 10 years and only 310 posts.

Re: 10th year anniversary as FECC Forum member!

Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:10 pm

ElvisTheKid wrote:Wow 10 years and only 310 posts.

:lol:

Re: 10th year anniversary as FECC Forum member!

Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:26 pm

Hundreds of posts were removed from the Forum if I remember correctly. Was that something to do with the web site itself?

Re: 10th year anniversary as FECC Forum member!

Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:31 pm

nashnet wrote:Hundreds of posts were removed from the Forum if I remember correctly.
Was that something to do with the web site itself?


There has been more than one occasion when site changes have led to the post count being reduced - quite dramatically for some members.................

Re: 10th year anniversary as FECC Forum member!

Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:57 pm

That's what I thought. More often than not, I simply enjoy reading the posts. You guys know so much more about Elvis than I do. At times, I'm intimidated by the knowledge here. There were a number of years I didn't post due to a battle with cancer-I'm a survivor.

Re: 10th year anniversary as FECC Forum member!

Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:26 am

nashnet wrote:That's what I thought. More often than not, I simply enjoy reading the posts. You guys know so much more about Elvis than I do. At times, I'm intimidated by the knowledge here. There were a number of years I didn't post due to a battle with cancer-I'm a survivor.


Good for you! May you have many good years ahead.

Re: 10th year anniversary as FECC Forum member!

Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:46 am

Thank you Doc!

Re: 10th year anniversary as FECC Forum member!

Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:14 am

ElvisTheKid wrote:Wow 10 years and only 310 posts.


It's not quantity, it's quality.

Re: 10th year anniversary as FECC Forum member!

Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:52 am

Just where has the time gone.....?

Re: 10th year anniversary as FECC Forum member!

Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:12 am

nashnet wrote:That's what I thought. More often than not, I simply enjoy reading the posts. You guys know so much more about Elvis than I do. At times, I'm intimidated by the knowledge here. There were a number of years I didn't post due to a battle with cancer-I'm a survivor.


Glad to hear you're a long-term survivor! I hope this repository of knowledge and history has helped you through the tough times; looks like it has.

All the best to a great future!

And that's why ::rocks

rjm

Re: 10th year anniversary as FECC Forum member!

Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:52 pm

Perhaps Jordan or someone else can say exactly how long FECC has been up (the MB) but I believe if you count all the earlier versions of this MB me and many others have been here for 13-14 years...

Re: 10th year anniversary as FECC Forum member!

Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:07 pm

I think I started posting on the old forum, early 03, during my uni days. Wow, yes, ten years.

I'd get the train up to London just to go to the library and surf the net, mainly Elvis stuff.

No wonder I didn't have a girlfriend.

Re: 10th year anniversary as FECC Forum member!

Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:55 pm

londonflash wrote:I think I started posting on the old forum, early 03, during my uni days. Wow, yes, ten years.

I'd get the train up to London just to go to the library and surf the net, mainly Elvis stuff.

No wonder I didn't have a girlfriend.

londonflash

When FECC and/or Elvis start to impinge on your love life it's time to take a break. I'd hate to have to start "The Official I Can't Get Laid Due to FECC" thread.

::rocks

Re: 10th year anniversary as FECC Forum member!

Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:55 pm

Delboy wrote:
londonflash wrote:I think I started posting on the old forum, early 03, during my uni days. Wow, yes, ten years.

I'd get the train up to London just to go to the library and surf the net, mainly Elvis stuff.

No wonder I didn't have a girlfriend.

londonflash

When FECC and/or Elvis start to impinge on your love life it's time to take a break. I'd hate to have to start "The Official I Can't Get Laid Due to FECC" thread.

::rocks


:lol:

Re: 10th year anniversary as FECC Forum member!

Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:57 pm

While FECC website started around 1994, I think the forum started around 1999.

Re: 10th year anniversary as FECC Forum member!

Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:35 am

rjm: It has. Thanks for the kind wishes. I'm happy to be here and don't take anything for granted.

Re: 10th year anniversary as FECC Forum member!

Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:38 am

Francesc wrote:While FECC website started around 1994, I think the forum started around 1999.


Thanks: there has been some reference to that, that I've noticed, but all the old guard members seemed to come aboard around the same time in 2003.

Is there any surviving evidence of that early activity? I remember there was a Usenet group, but I guess I didn't give it much of a chance at the time. People were talking about EPE not letting them post "official" pictures, postcards, etc., and everybody seemed aggrieved, especially at EPE and licencing issues. That's okay, but I guess I didn't stick around long enough to see much else. Perhaps it was the wrong group. So I kind of moved on back to my software groups, and just listened to the music on my own. Wish I had known!

rjm (1994?? That's before most people even knew about the Internet! :o All I knew of it, is that the software stores sold this brown box called "Internet In A Box" and seemed liked this strange byzantine technological subculture that I couldn't understand at the time. You remember "Internet In A Box"?)

Re: 10th year anniversary as FECC Forum member!

Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:30 pm

rjm wrote:but all the old guard members seemed to come aboard around the same time in 2003.


No - all members had to re-register in April 2003. Many people here were "aboard" a few years before that.

Chris
Last edited by ChrisM on Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: 10th year anniversary as FECC Forum member!

Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:40 pm

Was it 99 the old fecc Started ? well thats when i became a member because a friend recommended it to me !!! ::rocks

Re: 10th year anniversary as FECC Forum member!

Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:15 pm

ChrisM wrote:
rjm wrote:
Francesc wrote:but all the old guard members seemed to come aboard around the same time in 2003.


No - all members had to re-register in April 2003. Many people here were "aboard" a few years before that.

Chris


That was not me on the quote.

Re: 10th year anniversary as FECC Forum member!

Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:21 pm

Francesc wrote:That was not me on the quote.


My mistake, now corrected.

Chris

Re: 10th year anniversary as FECC Forum member!

Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:32 pm

ChrisM wrote:
rjm wrote:but all the old guard members seemed to come aboard around the same time in 2003.


No - all members had to re-register in April 2003. Many people here were "aboard" a few years before that.

Chris


Right. I'm sure Jordan can explain it better, but they couldn't save the information to this new format. And it was decided to start from scratch.

Francesc