Off Topic Messages

Managed to watch some real good tv past few months. Top 5

Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:01 pm

Here are my favorite tv shows that I've managed to watch the past few months. What's your top 5?

1.Breaking Bad-just a great, great show. The action and suspense never stops.

2.Dexter-what can I say, another excellent show, though this past season wasn't my favorite of the Dexter series.

3. Sons of Anarchy-never dreamed I'd like this show in a million years, found it to be very entertaining and engaging in a different sort of way. Ron Phearlman and Katie Sagal are superb!

4.The Walking Dead-Really liked this show as like the others, the acting is tremendous.

5.Boardwalk Empire-I thought the season finale was weak, but you cannot beat the costume design, plus I'm a sucker for mob shows.

Re: Managed to watch some real good tv past few months. Top

Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:06 pm

I don't have a top 5. When I watch television, it is usually the local news, CNN, or MSNBC. That said, the past couple of Wednesday nights, I have seen "Whitney." I chuckled a little.

I do, however, watch "Kissin' Cousins" over and over all day on Saturdays.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:26 pm

Walking Dead
Dexter
American Horror Story Asylum
Two And A Half Men
Ripper Street

Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:51 pm

Joe Car wrote:Here are my favorite tv shows that I've managed to watch the past few months.
What's your top 5?...

4.The Walking Dead-Really liked this show as like the others, the acting is tremendous...

I saw the first & second series.

Is there more ?

Did she ever give birth ?

Did she establish who the father was ?

Did they ever defeat the 'walkers' ?

Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:06 pm

ColinB wrote:
Joe Car wrote:Here are my favorite tv shows that I've managed to watch the past few months.
What's your top 5?...

4.The Walking Dead-Really liked this show as like the others, the acting is tremendous...

I saw the first & second series.

Is there more ?

Did she ever give birth ?

Did she establish who the father was ?

Did they ever defeat the 'walkers' ?

Yes, there is more, keep watching Colin!

Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:18 pm

Dexter - brilliant! love it!

Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:38 am

Rob wrote:I don't have a top 5. When I watch television, it is usually the local news, CNN, or MSNBC. That said, the past couple of Wednesday nights, I have seen "Whitney." I chuckled a little.

I do, however, watch "Kissin' Cousins" over and over all day on Saturdays.

Dvd or Blu-ray?

Arthur O'Connell's facial expression is classic! Probably first time he saw the script.

Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:10 am

Joe Car wrote:
5.Boardwalk Empire-I thought the season finale was weak

I wouldn't agree with you there I thought it was hard hitting gripping TV.

Recently I have loved Treme,Blue Bloods,Chicago Fire and although it's an old series I've just got into Friday night Lights which is being repeated on Sky Atlantic.

norrie

Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:15 am

I have just recently discovered the US series Rescue Me! What a find! I have 5 more episodes of the final season [7th] to watch and must say it has been an absolute joy to watch. A great 'under the radar' show starring Denis Leary and set in and around a firefighter house after the events of 9/11. Up till now my favourite US shows have been The Wire, Deadwood, The Shield and now Rescue Me in that company. Fabulous show highly recomended to anyone not familiar with it.

Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:09 pm

all mine are US ones......lol

Boston Legal (James Spaders closing arguments are amazing)
Blue Bloods
Hawaii 5-0
Greys Anatomy
The Following
Dallas
NCIS
CSI
Body of Proof

used to love Two and a Half Men, not the same without Charlie Sheen

Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:37 pm

By far the best TV show I've seen in the last 12 months is Game of Thrones.

I watched the new House of Cards on NetFlix last night and that might take second place. Third would be The Walking Dead.

Favourites airing currently include Shameless and Justified.

Chris

Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:45 pm

Mrs browns boys
Greys Anatomy
american idol
the big bang theory
Two and a Half Men(used to love it when charlie sheen was in it ! but now its total sh*t)
2 broke girls
wedding band

Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:26 am

Joe Car wrote:Here are my favorite tv shows that I've managed to watch the past few months. What's your top 5?

1.Breaking Bad-just a great, great show. The action and suspense never stops.

2.Dexter-what can I say, another excellent show, though this past season wasn't my favorite of the Dexter series.

3. Sons of Anarchy-never dreamed I'd like this show in a million years, found it to be very entertaining and engaging in a different sort of way. Ron Phearlman and Katie Sagal are superb!

4.The Walking Dead-Really liked this show as like the others, the acting is tremendous.

5.Boardwalk Empire-I thought the season finale was weak, but you cannot beat the costume design, plus I'm a sucker for mob shows.

I totally agree with you with the first two and these would have been exactly my choices, too. But that's about all I watched from TV shows. But I'd like to get into "Boardwalk Empire" real soon and watch the Fringe series finale.

Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:52 am

No love for Homeland?

Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:39 am

TJ wrote:No love for Homeland?

I like the show very much.

Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:44 am

1. Breaking Bad
2. Game of thrones
3. Homeland
4. Mad men

I watch Sons of Anarchy, Dexter and Boardwalk empire and enjoy them but i don't feel that they are great shows.

Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:45 am

TV series sure aren't what they used to be. I remember the excitement of following "E.R." and "Homicide" back in the day. THAT was TV! A real golden age, for me. I don't see that nowadays.

Let's see, 5. Hmmm.

1. Stephen Colbert: "The Colbert Report." (Pronouced "the Colbere Repore") He's on fire, lately!
2. Jon Stewart: "The Daily Show."
3. Whatever episode of "Star Trek: TNG" my DVR has picked up.
4. Cake Boss, especially if it's new.
5. Both series on long hiatus: "Through The Wormhole" or "Dark Matters" (hoping they'll come back).

That's all, folks.

rjm

Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:46 am

I still enjoy Boardwalk Empire, but I think that Jimmy was a big character to lose and it's not been as good without him.

I'm looking forward to the return of Newsroom.

Blue Bloods is generally entertaining, but they could hold back a little on some of the corny elements.

Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:49 pm

rjm wrote:1. Stephen Colbert: "The Colbert Report." (Pronouced "the Colbere Repore") He's on fire, lately!
2. Jon Stewart: "The Daily Show."

I focused on dramas. Those are my Top 2 overall, but would probably put them in the opposite order.

I enjoyed Homeland until the last couple of episodes of the last season. It all become too wildly implausible.

[ *** Spoiler Alert ***]

Pacemaker hacking? Car bombing Langley? Really?

Chris

Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:52 pm

Right, I totally forgot "Homeland"... and "The Killing".

Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:09 pm

I watched and really enjoyed a period drama called The Paradise a couple of months ago. Other than that, I haven't watched TV for at least a year (just the odd DVD). I much prefer my old time radio shows which i follow religiously. I listen to hours and hours of these each week while doing tasks around the house, or while out walking or commuting.

TV ... Shmeevee!! Pah!

Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:15 pm

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:I much prefer my old time radio shows which i follow religiously. I listen to hours and hours of these each week

Ok old fella you take it easy and don't turn that dial up to loud !!! :wink: :lol:

Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:40 pm

Joe, Did you mean top 5 right now or all time?

Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:32 am

rocknroller wrote:
Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:I much prefer my old time radio shows which i follow religiously. I listen to hours and hours of these each week

Ok old fella you take it easy and don't turn that dial up to loud !!! :wink: :lol:

Oh it's loud all right! I have had several minor accidents because i was unaware of what was going on around me because I was so lost in the show lol!

Oooh that Swingin-little-guitar-man ... he's a liability!!! :D

Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:47 am

I haven't watched TV on a regular basis for several years. Just the occasional movie on blu-ray and not even once a month anymore. Television has been of no interest to me.

Been busy busy busy with work and other projects. Oh, and sleep. Yeah. And listening to Elvis.