Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: 2 new ftd books

Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:43 pm

Ill pass on the Hmv Book only because Alan whites "HMV Worldwide Discography" Book is the essential book on Elvis Hmv releases Minus the cds of course I cannot see this being topped @ £29.99 Its a belter available (ESL)
Ill Buy the 61 Offering though!!
Ernst If your looking i have unreleased photos i may lend you should you need, would willingly contribute to FTD ::rocks

Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:09 am

I am looking forward to the '61 book.

I am curious as to what will be included on the CD. If they include only songs recorded in the summer of '61 (as is the title of the book), from the "Pot Luck" sessions, the only songs recorded we're in June, 1961 which we're:

Kiss Me Quick - still several outtakes unreleased

That's Someone You Never Forget - only a few false starts unreleased.

I'm Yours - only a few false starts unreleased

(Marie's The Name) His Latest Flame - not on "Pot Luck" and most outtakes we're released on "Something For Everybody" FTD

Little Sister - same as above

The remainder of the tracks on "Pot Luck" come from October 1961 and March 1962 with "Steppin' Out of Line" coming from the Blue Hawaii sessions of March 1961.

The "Pot Luck" album was released in the summer of 1962.

Of course, the "Follow That Dream" - the movie sessions, we're recorded in July, 1961, and most outtakes have been released on the FTD version.

The stereo masters have been lost (as mentioned in previous posts by others), but would be a true highlight to this set if they have been located.

Again, it will be interesting what the track list looks like for this FTD book/CD/DVD.

RKS

Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:12 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
L Ray wrote:Okay, interesting. If they have the stereo masters, that would be a big deal.

Scores of previously-unseen, summer 1961 images, a CD of outtakes and a DVD with rare footage sounds like a collector's dream, STEREO masters or not.

Okay, keeping an open mind until we hear more, and I hope it is soon.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:52 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
L Ray wrote:Okay, interesting. If they have the stereo masters, that would be a big deal.

Scores of previously-unseen, summer 1961 images, a CD of outtakes and a DVD with rare footage sounds like a collector's dream, STEREO masters or not.

It sure looks good to me.Davide has a tremendous track record of providing fantastic photos and meticulous research.Count me in.

norrie

Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:33 am

Certainly interested in the '61 book, which will need to go on the birthday wish-list.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:36 am

Matthew wrote:Certainly interested in the '61 book, which will need to go on the birthday wish-list.

and when's that Matthew?Not that I can help!

norrie

Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:43 am

Ok, depending on the price the '61 book is a possibility. Not the 50's book

rlj

Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:01 am

norrie wrote:
Matthew wrote:Certainly interested in the '61 book, which will need to go on the birthday wish-list.

and when's that Matthew?Not that I can help!

norrie

About once a year :wink:

Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:52 pm

Sometimes I really cannot afford to buy a FTD that comes out (times were different when not only this wasn't a problem, but every bootleg I got too), but my sheer *greed* :wink: wins out on my monetary concerns.
I comfort myself with the thought that life is here and now to enjoy, and I worry about my account later.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:16 pm

What does CD/DVD mean anyway? It doesn't say CD and DVD. Is it a CD with a video file on it? I can't see them putting out a separate DVD for a few minutes of film.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:40 pm

Would the release of rare film footage require the co-operation of EPE?
And if so, maybe in the future we could see EPE releasing footage via FTD.
FTD came into being (at least in part) to combat import CD releases, so perhaps the long term plan is to take on the producers of unofficial DVD products.
We're reaching the end of the FTD classic album releases so branching out into DVD releases could be a way for FTD continue for longer.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:05 pm

The HMV book is on pre order at Elvis Shop London for a wallet bursting £64.99
No price yet on the Summer Of 61 book yet but it's slated for an April release.

norrie

Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:28 pm

Steelback wrote:Would the release of rare film footage require the co-operation of EPE?
And if so, maybe in the future we could see EPE releasing footage via FTD.

I feel a poolside thread coming up! :smt002

Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:59 pm

daz cav wrote:Ill pass on the Hmv Book only because Alan whites "HMV Worldwide Discography" Book is the essential book on Elvis Hmv releases Minus the cds of course I cannot see this being topped @ £29.99 Its a belter available (ESL)
Ernst If your looking i have unreleased photos i may lend you should you need, would willingly contribute to FTD ::rocks

My thoughts entirely, Daz. And regarding your photos, why not send Ernst a PM?
Would the version of "I forgot to remember to forget" on the cd with the HMV book by any chance be the Hayride version?????!!!!!! :shock:

Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:12 pm

Tony.. wrote:Would the version of "I forgot to remember to forget" on the cd with the HMV book by any chance be the Hayride version?????!!!!!! :shock:

I highly doubt it. I guess they could have used this as a bonus song, but no matter how many times we have all bought the master previously, this is the version that belongs on this set.

On the subject of the HMV pressings, were they any different to the RCA releases in terms of added echo (or any other differences in the final mixes?).

I suspect this is not the case, but even if it was, as was the case with "Hit's Of The '70's", I wouldn't expect any unqiue mixes to feature on this release.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:46 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Tony.. wrote:
daz cav wrote:Ill pass on the Hmv Book only because Alan whites "HMV Worldwide Discography" Book is the essential book on Elvis Hmv releases Minus the cds of course I cannot see this being topped @ £29.99 Its a belter available (ESL)

Would the version of "I forgot to remember to forget" on the cd with the HMV book by any chance be the Hayride version?????!!!!!! :shock:

Send Ernst Jorgensen a PM?, hmm.... He is not always quick answering to emails :cry:. Still waiting a relpy from him.....
Bye for now :smt006.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:19 pm

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Tony.. wrote:

Send Ernst Jorgensen a PM?, hmm.... He is not always quick answering to emails :cry:. Still waiting a relpy from him.....
Bye for now :smt006.

When I emailed him about a possible lead on a stash of 1956 photos, he replied very quickly and politely. If you have stuff like you are describing, I'm sure he'll be intersted in knowing what you have. (So am I!) :D

Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:17 am

norrie wrote:The HMV book is on pre order at Elvis Shop London for a wallet bursting £64.99

I see it has been reduced to 59.99 on the website

Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:37 am

The Pirate wrote:What does CD/DVD mean anyway? It doesn't say CD and DVD. Is it a CD with a video file on it? I can't see them putting out a separate DVD for a few minutes of film.

I was wondering this also. An enhanced CD seems more likely.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:52 am

sweetangeline wrote:
norrie wrote:The HMV book is on pre order at Elvis Shop London for a wallet bursting £64.99

That's good, but I expect the postage will be about £10 on top as it probably weighs a ton.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:38 am

Tony.. wrote:
sweetangeline wrote:

That's good, but I expect the postage will be about £10 on top as it probably weighs a ton.

Your overwhelming enthusiasm and overly positive attitude never ceases to amaze me.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:43 am

TCB-FAN wrote:
Tony.. wrote:
sweetangeline wrote:

Your overwhelming enthusiasm and overly positive attitude never ceases to amaze me.

We love Tony.. :D

Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:37 am

Tony's unparalleled positively and peerless honesty is an inspiration to us all.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:16 am

Ooo-er Mrs...G!

Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:54 am

Matthew wrote:Tony's unparalleled positively and peerless honesty is an inspiration to us all.

And he loves all kinds of music.