Here you can discuss other musicians and CD reissues etc

Bill Medley, Hal Blaine, and ME!! ELVIS Talk By Hal Blaine

Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:15 am

It was tremendous, and Denny Tedesco, Tommy's son, made an outstanding film. In the works for 16 years, and he wants wide distribution, and then a DVD. Outstanding! And in my hometown! Sponsored by the Orange Public Library Foundation.

And now, everyone needs to go to http://www.wreckingcrewfilm.com 'cause he needs help!

Here's some video of the panel discussion with Hal Blaine, Bill Medley (!!!), Don Randi . . . , straight from the camera to YouTube! This is just the first litle clip I uploaded: the second one is longer: both about Elvis.The whole thing, from the pre-talk, to the film itself, to the panel discussion lasted 3 and a half hours! {The famous Watson's Drug Store was closed by the time we got there. :( }

Bill Medley stared at me a lot, as though he remembered me, but knew not where . . . I've never been to his show. Unless he was staring at the little bald guy in front of me. :smt005

Straight from the camera!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4irnaCKG-g
phpBB [video]

Of course, Mac Davis had written that song with Aretha in mind. But anyway, they arranged it right quick! (It's "Davis-Strange" right?)

WreckingCrewFirstImage.jpg

Don Randi, Hal Blaine, Bill Medley, Denny Tedesco (Tommy's son) . . . don't remember who the lady is. Can't be the bass player . . . naw.

rjm
P.S. -- More to come! (When I transfer the photos, I have to crop that guy's bald head, which is in every pic, and through all the video! :smt005)

One more thing: I KNOW now what Elvis was doing with "The Beards"! It was something he learned, hanging around the Wrecking Crew, about . . . the Byrds, apparently.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by rjm on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:46 am, edited 8 times in total.

Re: Bill Medley, Hal Blaine, Don Randi, and ME!!

Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:10 am

I have MORE video!!

Great evening. Another Elvis anecdote. This is LONG, and detailed, and goes back in Elvis's history! Please watch this one, if you want to know a lotta stuff! Hal Blaine on Elvis, the Col., the movies . . .

phpBB [video]

Go to http://www.wreckingcrew.com and help Denny Tedesco get this film out to DVD and wide release! They need you!

rjm
Last edited by rjm on Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Bill Medley, Hal Blaine, Don Randi, and ME!!

Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:39 am

More!

2012-10-13 18.33.52.jpg

More stuff I didn't win!

2012-10-13 18.34.12.jpg

rjm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Bill Medley, Hal Blaine, and ME!! ELVIS Talk By Hal Blai

Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:28 am

I signed up for "Outtakes" on the site.

Here's one, on Elvis!

http://www.wreckingcrewfilm.com/premiumbillystrange/index.html

Billy Strange, about ALLC. More accurate!

rjm

Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:30 am

In HD! A funny story by Hal Blaine. Enjoy!

phpBB [video]

rjm
P.S. -- Isn't ANYBODY gonna say "do you gaze at your bald head, and wish you had hair?" (I tried everything I know, but he won't go away . . . I need to learn Adobe Premiere.)

Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:44 am

Thanks Robin,interesting video

Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:48 am

keninlincs wrote:Thanks Robin,interesting video

Ah, a visitor! Hi Ken! Thank YOU! I came home late last night, after grabbing a bite at a Mexican diner (good quesadillas, but it was too late for that), and immediately transferred the files, and made two videos, quick. The HD video, I did today. So thanks for checking this out! I had a ball. It was a music lover's paradise! A big-shot D.J. from K-EARTH radio was also there, and asked a question, and he seemed more popular than Bill Medley!

I tried, and tried, and tried, to get rid of that bald guy's head . . . but I couldn't! The person two seats down had a little IPhone camera with a very bright flash, and she was lighting up his head so much that it nearly blinded the person sitting next to me! :smt005

I hope you enjoyed! (That last story was cute. The one in the HD video -- where I zoomed in and cropped as much as I could.)

rjm

Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:46 am

Nice thread rjm. Not sure why it slipped through the cracks when first posted.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:53 am

TJ wrote:Nice thread rjm. Not sure why it slipped through the cracks when first posted.

Better late than never. Thanks, TJ!!! :D

rjm

Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:07 am

These were great. Thank you for posting these!

Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:00 am

The fool wrote:These were great. Thank you for posting these!

You are MOST welcome! Thanks so much for having a look! :D

rjm (it was lots of fun -- people should check it out wherever it turns up next: a return engagement in SoCal is coming up)