Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:18 pm

REBL wrote:Mine came with a Generic type sleeve; But volume 1 came with a pic sleeve ... you can see it on the Elvis shop London https://www.theelvisshoplondon.com/index.php?target=categories&category_id=218


Is this where the scan comes from or is it from your collection, this one?

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:39 am

Here is a scan of the sleeve my record came in. I just loved the purple colour the record is and had to have one. Here in Canada we have a similar style label for the first 5 or 6 EP's in both blue and charcoal colours and was used up until 1958 before the Dog on Top came in. And a lot of our early singles came in this style. I actually prefer it over the more modern DOT; a very nostalgic feel at least for some of us older collectors who grew up with this look.
Image

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:52 pm

HELP WANTED WITH THIS DANISH EP;

Try Here Tony..... http://www.theelvisforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=4699&hilit=Denmark Hope this helps.

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:47 pm

REBL wrote:
HELP WANTED WITH THIS DANISH EP;

Try Here Tony..... http://www.theelvisforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=4699&hilit=Denmark Hope this helps.


Many thanks

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:57 am

I found a copy of this Argentinian LP from 1958 for sale (not on Ebay);
ARGIE LP.jpg


Does anyone here know what Elvis track(s) are on this as the advert doesn't say.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:05 pm

Found this in my search. Elvis sings "Party' Track 4/Side2 ..... Capture of back cover. Here's the link http://www.windmill-records.co.uk/elvis-presley---argentina---ritmos-para-tus-pies-vik-lz-1002-41091-p.asp
Image

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:33 pm

Many thanks for the info. I found a copy from an Argentinian record dealer which way undercuts the price of the website you linked it to, REBL. I think I'll order it.

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:01 pm

NZ DONCHA.jpg


A nice New Zealand pressing where the centre is unusual AND "Wear my ring around your neck" was the B side!!! Was NZ the only country to flip this single??
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:57 pm

'Wear My Ring Around Your Neck'/'Doncha Think It's Time' was issued in the U.K (RCA 1058) in 1958. It was available both as a 45 and a 78 and reached #3 on the chart.

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:03 pm

Not a rare album as such, issued in the UK in 1981, however this is a bonafide clear vinyl issue, EXTREMELY RARE i think
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:57 pm

Wow! now that must be rare - I've never heard of the 'Heartbreak Hotel' album being pressed on clear vinyl.
Do you know if it was an in-house pressing or actually available to buy?

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:19 am

dunno if a single from germany (black label) from Tutti Frutti/Blue Suede Shoes is rare?

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:48 am

Elfan wrote:Wow! now that must be rare - I've never heard of the 'Heartbreak Hotel' album being pressed on clear vinyl.
Do you know if it was an in-house pressing or actually available to buy?


I believe it was in house, the guy I bought it off said it was pressed by a guy at the plant for himself, so there is every possibility this is unique

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:10 am

3 Rare UK 45's
Not very exciting for non-UK collectors I know but hard to find
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:47 am

ttwii wrote:3 Rare UK 45's
Not very exciting for non-UK collectors I know but hard to find



The only one of those three thats hard to find is "I've got a thing about you baby"! and thats mega hard to find

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:24 am

houndog wrote:
ttwii wrote:3 Rare UK 45's
Not very exciting for non-UK collectors I know but hard to find



The only one of those three thats hard to find is "I've got a thing about you baby"! and thats mega hard to find

you try finding the other 2 with solid centres

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:52 am

Are you lonesome.... 6pounds @ shop Elvis.

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:01 pm

Elfan wrote:'Wear My Ring Around Your Neck'/'Doncha Think It's Time' was issued in the U.K (RCA 1058) in 1958. It was available both as a 45 and a 78 and reached #3 on the chart.


Yes, of course, but New Zealand reversed the A and B sides for whatever reason.

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:16 pm

Is the laughing version of the "Are You Lonesome Tonight" single really considered rare, or is it the picture sleeve which is hard to find? If my memory is correct the single had some chart success upon it's original release.

I remember UK printed picture sleeves of the 1980 remake of "Guitar Man" being hard to find.

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:45 pm

rockinrebel wrote:Is the laughing version of the "Are You Lonesome Tonight" single really considered rare, or is it the picture sleeve which is hard to find? If my memory is correct the single had some chart success upon it's original release.

I remember UK printed picture sleeves of the 1980 remake of "Guitar Man" being hard to find.

The 'Are You Lonesome Tonight (laughing version)' picture sleeve is not rare (plenty on e-bay) it is the solid centre pressing that is the rarity. The single peaked at #25 on the U.K chart in 1982.
The 'Guitar Man' U.K printed picture sleeve is quite hard to find - most of the sleeves were printed in the USA.

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:49 pm

Elfan wrote:The 'Are You Lonesome Tonight (laughing version)' picture sleeve is not rare (plenty on e-bay) it is the solid centre pressing that is the rarity. The single peaked at #25 on the U.K chart in 1982.
The 'Guitar Man' U.K printed picture sleeve is quite hard to find - most of the sleeves were printed in the USA.


Thanks. I'm no expert on vinyl so didn't realise that the solid centre was rare. I do remember most of the "Guitar Man" singles being in plain black generic RCA sleeves though. I also had a US picture sleeve before I managed to get a UK one.

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:22 pm

Some of my chilean EP’s:


CML-123 EP (March-April 1957)

Side A: Dejame ser tu osito de Felpa (Let me be your teddy bear) / Tengo que vivir (Got a lot O’ livin’ to do). Side B: Queriendote (Loving You) / Hot Dog

First cover of March 1957

Image


Second cover of April 1957 (Very Rare)

Image



Elvis Presley y su Conjunto CME-65 (July 1956)

A: Hotel Nostálgico / Yo fui el único

B: Olvide, olvidar – Tren de misterio



The first cover:

Image


The second version cover:

Image



Two version of the second chilean single 94-0082 (August 1956). Blue and turquoise labels.

Side A: Elvis Presley: No seas cruel. Side B: Algo invisible me protege: Perry Como

Image



Thanks.

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:42 am

More chilean vinyls of my collection:

EP’s: CME-65 (1956), CME-123 (1957) Singles: 47-7280 (1958) and 47-7240 (1958)

Image



Not chilean but very rare too:

Image

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:25 am

78 R.P.M. singles of Chile, Argentina & Uruguay:


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:38 am

Very nice collection 8)

::rocks