Re: 2 new ftd books

Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:59 pm

they look nice but they are expensive oh well

Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:00 pm

they look nice but they are expensive oh well

Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:00 pm

I was waiting for a classic album 2 CD "From Memphis To Vegas / From Vegas to Memphis", with the masters remixed, plus bonus tracks...

Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:21 pm

Enough with the expensive books and such. Its just a way to soak fans . Non-essential and at a big cost.

Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:24 pm

And yet still no real FTD CD announcements

Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:25 pm

not what i was hopeing for :(

Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:33 pm

with one book out in a couple of weeks and the other one in april we probably wont get another classic album till may or june perhaps :shock: :?

Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:45 pm

elvisland wrote:with one book out in a couple of weeks and the other one in april we probably wont get another classic album till may or june perhaps :shock: :?

From what i have heard these books FTD releases are scheduled for later this year so I still have hope for a classic FTD release in the next few months.

Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:06 am

I won't be buying these.

Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:22 am

same here, no interest at all

Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:25 am

These great books will not kanabalise on regular FTDs since it has never been this way so I am not worried. These seem like great books and I personally would love to own the HMV book because of the great passion of the author and the great collectible vinyls in it. Hope FTD will do a book on German vinyl as well. I might buy books on vinyl although I usually skip the books as priority in budget for my collection is for audio. (And I still have not finished the great ABFT book!)

Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:39 am

Wowzers, so much negativity! :facep:

Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:44 am

This may appear offensive but its not meant to be, so "no offense, but...." you guys at FTD have got to hire a proof reader fluent in English because for me, when most photos can already be downloaded, or will eventually be available once a book is published, really leaves just the content and if this is screwed up like some of the recent FTD books, it becomes a rip off or money grab. I have bought all FTD books, but my first thought to this post was about the predictability of the errors that I will have buy, which causes me to never return to the books because they're frustrating to read.

Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:23 am

I'm very interested in the HMV book,it will great to see things from a British perspective.There have been books on this subject before but this should be more in depth.If it delivers on it's promise of being definitive then this will be an essential purchase for the Elvis scholar especially the British.Grammar errors aside I am a big fan of the FTD books and I am glad I've managed to keep up with them so far.

norrie

Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:25 am

I don't buy the books. Oh well.

Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:44 am

I have all of the FTD releases to date and enjoy each of them. BUT, I can't keep affording these book releases. The cd's I will continue to support BUT these two books I will not purchase. There comes a point when you have to listen to your wallet. Don't these folks understand that the audience purchasing the unreleased Elvis music is getting older? Why not produce what we will purchase before we are no longer able to purchase these items and FTD and EPE looses it audience?

rlj

Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:04 am

dougkapp wrote:I was waiting for a classic album 2 CD "From Memphis To Vegas / From Vegas to Memphis", with the masters remixed, plus bonus tracks...

:roll: Keep waiting, but don't hold your breath.

IN PERSON has already been released >> http://home.online.no/~ov-egela/elvisinpersonftd.html
... and BACK IN MEMPHIS was released recently >> http://home.online.no/~ov-egela/backinmemphisftd.html

Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:56 am

I'm not sure if I'll buy the book, but that is one of the coolest pictures I've ever seen of Elvis...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:10 am

elvis-fan wrote:I'm not sure if I'll buy the book, but that is one of the coolest pictures I've ever seen of Elvis...

Elvis was VERY COOL that day!!!

Cheers, Piers

Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:29 am

Harry High Pants!

Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:30 am

He does look Kool, although a bit 'Harry High Pants'!

Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:16 pm

Jim Dandy wrote:He does look Kool, although a bit 'Harry High Pants'!

lol.. seemed to be the man thing to do in the 50s/60s to pull your shorts right up over your belly button.

Anyway, back on topic - I bought the last couple of FTD Books, so the Summer of 61 would sit nicely beside those. I probably won't bother with the HMV book myself.