Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Elvis and girls

Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:37 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
SuspiciousMind wrote:... Fike's words were that Elvis stopped taking baths and stunk so bad that you could smell him from afar.

Actually, no.
You have already proven your lack of insight on other topics, and you are incorrect here as well.
Thank you.

Lamar did say that:
phpBB [video]

"The E! True Hollywood Story - The Last Days Of Elvis"

Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:08 am

As long as they were legal then I dont give a crap......it was his personal life.

The women who dated him knew what they were in for.

Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:59 am

it was the Brutt they could smell as Elvis was entering a room, not his body odur.

Billy Smith has said it was almost impossible for him to convince Elvis to shower or bath...shows just how deep his depression was, and thats sad.

Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:34 am

The role of a biographer is to tell the story of the subject; a dispassionate accounting makes for an work of insignificance. It is up to the reader to judge whether the author exercised due diligence in drawing their conclusions. In general, Nash has offered a very high standard.

Until the last book, I'd agree with you, she did offer a reasonably good standard, but the last work on Elvis' relationship with women was tawdry, salacious and as per the comments on that daily mail review, did genuine damage to Elvis' reputation to those who caught the worst snippets. It's almost as if Nash is jealous or something, but definitely over reached with the last book.

Again, you speak from ignorance -- and ill of the dead to boot.

Which is precisely what Fike did along with Goldman, as did Nash with her awful last book. I await your severe reprimand to them for speaking ill of the dead, but apparently, Elvis is fair game, but someone who perpetually slagged off his former "brother" ,as you put it , should be revered? I wouldn't trust much of what Lamar said. He seemed to wait until Elvis died to get his revenge for the years of name calling.

So you need to study up before hurling accusations in a public forum.

I think you'll find the claim Elvis enjoyed sex with underage girls, making him a paeophile, is the accusation. I was defending it. If your bottom line here is that Elvis was a proven Paedophile, Doc, then I guess I'll await your campaign to vilify the man, get his records removed from airplay etc, as it makes him no worse than Gary Glitter. Of course, you say it's ok, as "it wasn't part of his everyday activities". That is no defence. So, to educate someone with clearly less knowledge with you, please share some examples where Elvis was guilty of statutory rape as far back as 1955?

Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:07 am

DarrylMac wrote:Until the last book, I'd agree with you, she did offer a reasonably good standard, but the last work on Elvis' relationship with women was tawdry ...

Have you read "the last work"? I suspect not. And whether you like or dislike that one, my comment stands regarding the balance of Nash's writing on Elvis. You misrepresent the author's skill and research by ignoring the rest.

DarrylMac wrote:
Again, you speak from ignorance -- and ill of the dead to boot.

Which is precisely what Fike did along with Goldman, as did Nash with her awful last book.

Nope.

DarrylMac wrote:I wouldn't trust much of what Lamar said. He seemed to wait until Elvis died to get his revenge for the years of name calling.

You mischaracterize Fike, and your presumptions are, simply put, wrong.

DarrylMac wrote:
So you need to study up before hurling accusations in a public forum.

I think you'll find the claim Elvis enjoyed sex with underage girls, making him a paeophile, is the accusation. I was defending it.

We can only respond to what you posted. What we mostly saw was an ill-informed attack on Alanna Nash and Lamar Fike, and I was motivated as such to address these malicious charges.

Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:13 am

JimmyCool wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
SuspiciousMind wrote:... Fike's words were that Elvis stopped taking baths and stunk so bad that you could smell him from afar.

Actually, no.
You have already proven your lack of insight on other topics, and you are incorrect here as well.
Thank you.

Lamar did say that:

phpBB [video]

Are you deaf? Lamar clearly says Elvis "put on Brut" ... exactly as I wrote.

Sometimes, discussions on this forum are like banging one's head against a brick wall.

Still, how nice of you to take the trouble to upload the video clip just hours ago. It must have been important to you, eh, Anton?

Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:04 pm

Doc, could you please address my query below. You said specifically there were claims of underage, and therefore illegal sex as far back as 1955.

Actually, no. There are claims, and they reference events as far back as 1955.

Please could you share the details of these claims?

So, to educate someone with clearly less knowledge with you, please share some examples where Elvis was guilty of statutory rape as far back as 1955?

Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:44 pm

The problem with Elvis's books (and any other major personality of this world) is that can't be 100% accurate. So every writer, witness, friend, girlfriend, associate, manager, sycophant, lackey and many others had their true about Elvis. Alanna Nash is on the same pattern. In the "Revelations of the Memphis Mafia" there are some contradictions between the 3 storytellers (I think Billy is the most objective). I was surprised when Marty Lacker wrote that Elvis was pressured to marry Cilla (he said that Elvis didn't want to marry her) and in that month he was stoned most of the time. Or when Lamar told his version, Billy sad: "Oh, it's just one of Lamar's stories". So no one can be qualified an eyewitness 100% credible. And about Alanna: to me the best book about Elvis remains "Revelations of the Memphis Mafia" and in the second place "The Colonel" (even if I found true speculative the murder case in Breda). I didn't buy the last book ("Baby, Let's Play House") because I found the subject too close to the tabloids. I read many excerpts of this one ( scribd or google books), a lot of reviews and I think this time Alanna Nash wrote a bio of Elvis focused on gossip and less based on facts. I was not happy at all how she wrote about Elvis and his mother (his first love before the endless girls to come!!!) And I think also that Elvis was in love in his life with females who have past 20, not teenagers (excepting Cilla and Sandy Ferra - the last one a more friendly relationship). So I don't think he was a "pedophile"-a very harsh and untrue word to characterize him

Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:47 pm

DarrylMac wrote:Doc, could you please address my query below. You said specifically there were claims of underage, and therefore illegal sex as far back as 1955.

drjohncarpenter wrote:Actually, no. There are claims, and they reference events as far back as 1955.

Please could you share the details of these claims?

DarrylMac wrote:So, to educate someone with clearly less knowledge with you, please share some examples where Elvis was guilty of statutory rape as far back as 1955?

I've given you enough information already, and you have not even been kind enough to answer the query in my previous reply to you. As I already suggested, do your own homework, then make your comments.

Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:01 pm

jurasic1968 wrote:The problem with Elvis's books (and any other major personality of this world) is that can't be 100% accurate.

True. The challenge is to carefully scrutinize the publications which clearly have merit, and use your common sense to sift through sometimes-inaccurate memories and arrive at a likely scenario for Elvis' life and career. Revelations great and small may be had using this process.

Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:11 pm

Let's hope there will be people around Elvis who will spill the beans about where we can find the unreleased rumoured recordings. That will be more interesting than hearing about what elvis thought about TV programms or which people he (dis)liked or how many times a year he took a bath.

Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:52 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
JimmyCool wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Actually, no.
Thank you.

Lamar did say that:

phpBB [video]

Sometimes, discussions on this forum are like banging one's head against a brick wall.

Still, how nice of you to take the trouble to upload the video clip just hours ago. It must have been important to you, eh, Anton?

You never wrote ""put on Brut," and Lamar clearly tried to say Elvis smelled bad... so I'm not the deaf one here:

"He thought if he took this pill, it would eliminate body odors and stuff like that.
Believe you me, it didn't.

He'd put on Brut to hide everything, and you could just smell him coming."

I uploaded that clip because you like facts, so there ya go :wink:

Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:06 pm

JimmyCool wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
JimmyCool wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Actually, no.
Thank you.

Lamar did say that:

phpBB [video]

You never wrote ""put on Brut," and Lamar clearly tried to say Elvis smelled bad... so I'm not the deaf one here:

"He thought if he took this pill, it would eliminate body odors and stuff like that.
Believe you me, it didn't.

He'd put on Brut to hide everything, and you could just smell him coming."

I uploaded that clip because you like facts, so there ya go :wink:

Thank you for that clip and to PROVE that Lamar DID indeed say that!! But it goes to show how jealous they were of Elvis, but hid it well while he was alive, to say something so disrespectful and obviously not even true on top of that. If what Lamar said was true, then we would have heard from the ladies who spent hours and hours with a "stinky Elvis" by now. Myrna Smith once said that Elvis always smelt amazing when around her! Linda has also commented on Elvis' hygiene being very clean and important to Elvis that he always smelt and looked his best in public and at home.

Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:17 pm

What the hell are you people talking about? Lamar...jealous?? WTF?

Can you not read or interpret what Lamar said? Elvis put so much Brut on that you could smell him coming...the body odor wasn't what he was referring to specifically in that last line but rather the overwhelming stench of all that cologne Elvis used. Anyone who's smelled Brut knows just how awful a lot of that stuff can be.

Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:19 pm

JimmyCool wrote:You never wrote ""put on Brut," and Lamar clearly tried to say Elvis smelled bad... so I'm not the deaf one here ...

Actually, no. Let's run this down a third time on this topic.

Ignoring your rude comments, I sure did mention Brut, in bold, on page 2 of this topic.

drjohncarpenter wrote:Again, you speak from ignorance -- and ill of the dead to boot. The comment was about the fact that Elvis used a lot cologne -- Brut by Fabergé, very popular in the '70s. You could smell the cologne before you saw him. It is from a 1999 TV interview for "The E! True Hollywood Story - The Last Days of Elvis," not the 1981 Goldman travesty. It was the show's producers who edited it to make Elvis look unsavory.

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=74722&p=1127245&#p1127245

You need to read with care and respect other people's conscientious efforts to get to the truth, instead of making inept comments and putting up YouTube links that waste our time.

Again, quit mischaracterizing Lamar Fike's words.

Enough already.

Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:25 pm

Justin wrote:What the hell are you people talking about? Lamar...jealous?? WTF?

Can you not read or interpret what Lamar said? Elvis put so much Brut on that you could smell him coming...the body odor wasn't what he was referring to specifically in that last line but rather the overwhelming stench of all that cologne Elvis used. Anyone who's smelled Brut knows just how awful a lot of that stuff can be.

At least someone here gets it. Thank you, Justin.

By the way, my dad and grandfather both used Brut, and I loved that smell. Obviously, so did Elvis.

Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:35 pm

Brut , English Leather & Old Spice were the colognes used by most guys in the 60's. They were all heavily advertised on TV.

Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:56 pm

That's just the way I took Fike's comment.

BTW, Doc. I think Brut and the Old Spice is making a bit of a comeback these days.

Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:07 am

londonflash wrote:

That's just the way I took Fike's comment.

BTW, Doc. I think Brut and the Old Spice is making a bit of a comeback these days.

Excellent news.

The LADIES better watch out!!!

Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:38 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
By the way, my dad and grandfather both used Brut...

Mine as well! As a youngster, I made the mistake of using a bit too much of it once and I was not everyone's favorite person. I learned then that a little dab will do ya!

Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:56 am

I've given you enough information already, and you have not even been kind enough to answer the query in my previous reply to you. As I already suggested, do your own homework, then make your comments.

Other than to say generally that there were claims dating back to 1955, you 've given no further info. My query was a genuine one - I'm keen to understand when specifically Elvis Presley is alleged to have had sex with an underage girl, and you seemed to suggest you had the answer. Coming back with I know, but I'm not telling you isn't really in the spirit of the forum, is it?

In response to your query, No Doc, I haven't read Alanna Nash's last book because when I leafed through it, read excepts and saw her interviewed, I realised what an appalling piece of work it was going to be, and I have no interest in lining her pockets any further.

As for "doing my homework", don't be so patronising. You say you don't want the forum cheapened with petty insults - why not start from within your glass house! I've read dozens and dozens of books on Elvis over the last 30 years or so, but have no interest in the blatant agenda persued by Nash in her last book.

This is one of those threads where there's no point engaging any further with you, and you just dig your heels in. It would have been interesting to understand the specifics of the claims you say were made about Elvis engaging in illegal sex with underage girls, and to understand your comment mitigating such behaviour by saying it was ok as it wasn't part of his every day activities.

Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:21 am

londonflash wrote: I think Brut and the Old Spice is making a bit of a comeback these days.

Yes if your watching reruns of only fools and horses :?

Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:54 am

rocknroller wrote:
londonflash wrote: I think Brut and the Old Spice is making a bit of a comeback these days.

I wondered why I was getting funny looks on the tram. Marlene!!!!!!

Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:05 am

DarrylMac wrote:In response to your query, No Doc, I haven't read Alanna Nash's last book ...

Thank you for your answer.

Most would consider condemnation of a book one has not read to be both shallow and unfair.

Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:55 am

londonflash wrote:
rocknroller wrote:

I wondered why I was getting funny looks on the tram. Marlene!!!!!!

:lol: