Post here your Elvis' pictures

1959 home recording

Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:21 am

This photo is from the August-October 1959 issue of Screen Album magazine. I suppose that is the equipment he recorded the home recordings with? Is this a new photo? (I have the books, but I am just too lazy to check.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: 1959 home recording

Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:44 pm

He did his home recordings in Germany on a regular domestic tape recorder.

I reckon that's a guitar amp.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:31 pm

The red electric guitar (with amplifier) is the Christmas present from his father Vernon.

Mississippi

Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:21 am

As noted, there are no reel-to-reel tapes seen on that machine, so it must be the amp.

Very cool photo, though. New to my eyes. Thank you for posting it!

Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:41 am

It is a Dynacord Tube Amp made in the mid 50's in Germany.
A similar model and EP's model as seen below.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:52 am

The fool wrote:I suppose that is the equipment he recorded the home recordings with?

Elvis also used a Grundig TK30 reel-to-reel tape recorder (in the Spring 1959).
btw: the photo above was taken at the same day as the first Marquette shooting in Frankfurt.

Mississippi wrote:The red electric guitar (with amplifier) is the Christmas present from his father Vernon.

The guitar that you see does not look like the red electric guitar, but seems to be his (second) Framus guitar. The Framus guitar was bought in Frankfurt just before Christmas.
However, the red electric guitar you refer to (IIRC: "Harmony Stratton"), can be seen on top of the piano in some of the publicity shots from his rental home at Bad Nauheim in the Spring of 59.

Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:47 am

The above picture was already published in The Ultimate Elvis In Munich Book in 2004. The photo is from the second Marquette photo session, not the first. The first one was a couple of months earlier and did not involve Vera Tschechowa.

Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:14 pm

Great picture thank you for sharing completly new to my eyes

Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:31 pm

Check out my posting from 2011 for some alternates and information;
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=60368&hilit=ALTERNATE+MUNICH