Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: ABFT "I'm Left, You're Right..." live version badly edit

Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:25 pm

robg wrote:There are things that can be done to make it better MRS for example have proved that time and time again ...

:lol:

Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:41 pm

Greg1995 wrote:No, my friend who has bought the boxset made me lossless CD copies.
Believe me, if I could afford it I would buy it (I'm still a student) as the SUN era is my favorite era in Elvis music career.
If you want to look at me as a thief look that way: at least I don't have the huge, amazing book.

So, if you own the boxset, could you listen the track and see if you can hear the edit?

He got a free copy! :wink: :lol:

Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:52 pm

Tony.. wrote:
Greg1995 wrote:No, my friend who has bought the boxset made me lossless CD copies.
Believe me, if I could afford it I would buy it (I'm still a student) as the SUN era is my favorite era in Elvis music career.
If you want to look at me as a thief look that way: at least I don't have the huge, amazing book.

So, if you own the boxset, could you listen the track and see if you can hear the edit?

He got a free copy! :wink: :lol:

I wonder if really deserved it. And what did he help Ernst with the book?

Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:11 pm

My feeling is that the FTD team have given us as much of the recording has they possibly could. A neater edit could have meant cutting more of the original performance, and I'm sure none of us would have wanted this.

The ABFT set is the definitive document of Elvis' first two years as a recording artist and live performer, with all recordings presented in their correct historical context.

Splicing in parts of studio masters is unnecessary and would not have enhanced the set in any way.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:54 pm

robg wrote:
Matthew wrote:The Stage Rehearsal release does not mix studio masters into live performances. We all know you are a hardened MRS propaganda machine, keep up the good work!

Yes you’re so predictable with your answer you are correct in that no, it’s not a studio master mixed with a live track, but a rehearsal with a live track tagged on, the principle is the same but in the case of “Stage Rehearsal” it’s a mockery in that a live track is used where there is no audience making it so noticeable, at least with a studio over a live track you can get away with a better repair..

Nope. Stage Rehearsal is not the same as editing a Sun master into an offline live performance. The repaired material on Stage Rehearsal are recordings made on the same day, with the same crew, on the same machine, in the same venue, on the same stage, within hours of each other. The only difference being there are more people in the room later on in the day. If not for the unavoidable audience bleed on a handful of intros no one would know. Nice try though MrsG, but no cigar.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:07 pm

Matthew wrote:The Stage Rehearsal release does not mix studio masters into live performances. We all know you are a hardened MRS propaganda machine, keep up the good work!

You see with Elvis, "live" is subjective.

You often hear that Elvis sang his songs "live in the studio".

And a stage rehearsal is basically live, except no one is in the audience except the MM and some dude recording the thing.

FTD has had their share of bad edits.

But you take the good, you take the bad.

Hopefullly one day technology will improve on restoring these damaged acetates. Or perhaps someone finds a cashe of home recorded tapes
of the hayride shows.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:34 pm

Matthew wrote:
robg wrote:

Yes you’re so predictable with your answer you are correct in that no, it’s not a studio master mixed with a live track, but a rehearsal with a live track tagged on, the principle is the same but in the case of “Stage Rehearsal” it’s a mockery in that a live track is used where there is no audience making it so noticeable, at least with a studio over a live track you can get away with a better repair..

Nope. Stage Rehearsal is not the same as editing a Sun master into an offline live performance. The repaired material on Stage Rehearsal are recordings made on the same day, with the same crew, on the same machine, in the same venue, on the same stage, within hours of each other. The only difference being there are more people in the room later on in the day. If not for the unavoidable audience bleed on a handful of intros no one would know. Nice try though MrsG, but no cigar.

You know how top talk drivel I will give you that.
A rehearsal is not a live recording in front of an audience no matter how you like to try, :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: FTD used the same principle here, its called mixing two versions of the same song, just one is either a live recording, a studio recording, a home recording or a rehearsal, its still mixing them from different sources, so you jump back in your pram.

How many rehearsals have you been to with an audience of over 2000 people? And there is nothing wrong with doing it if done properly.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:32 pm

The repaired material on Stage Rehearsal are recordings made on the same day, with the same crew, on the same machine, in the same venue, on the same stage, within hours of each other. The only difference being there are more people in the room later on in the day. If not for the unavoidable audience bleed on a handful of intros no one would know. Nice try though MrG, but no cigar.

Re: ABFT

Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:31 am

Matthew wrote:The repaired material on Stage Rehearsal are recordings made on the same day, with the same crew, on the same machine, in the same venue, on the same stage, within hours of each other. The only difference being there are more people in the room later on in the day. If not for the unavoidable audience bleed on a handful of intros no one would know. Nice try though MrG, but no cigar.

Agree 100%. FTD creates a listenable product, from the original sources, unlike grey market label releases.
Last edited by drjohncarpenter on Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: ABFT

Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:40 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Agree 100%.

The Gestapo will be all over this.