Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Elvis and girls

Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:42 pm

I made a mistake citing Byron Raphael as a major source, sorry, Doc. In fact he is cited in Alanna Nash both books ("Baby, Let's play House" and the Colonel's biography).

Re: Elvis and girls

Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:55 pm

jurasic1968 wrote:He not stopped, he did rarely made love with Cilla, but he did.


Well its a no-brainer that Elvis would choose to spend his love-making time with someone who holds-up well rather than a floppy, cellulite embossed, spaniels ear displaying, shelf maiden. Wouldn't we all? I'd trade my dragon in for a hotter one anytime.

BTW Shame the author of the Topic didn't give his opinion on the subject or respond to any replies.

Re: Elvis and girls

Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:57 pm

How the hell does Alanna Nash know that Elvis was attracted to underage girls because he felt sexually inferior with women closer to his own age.

Has Alanna Nash ever interviewed women that Elvis dated about their sex life with him because i've never heard any of them say bad things about him.

Alanna Nash likes to stir the pot and make crap up even when people tell her the exact opposite.

Elvis was involved with Priscilla in Germany and Sandy Ferra but other than that all the women he was with were adults.

Alanna Nash makes it out that Elvis was constantly chasing after underage girls his entire life which i don't believe to be the case.

Why in the hell would Alanna Nash repeatedly use Byron Raphael as a source if she was interested in the truth???

Re: Elvis and girls

Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:08 pm

r&b wrote: No one stops having sex with his wife because she had a child. Sorry, thats strange.



Very true !!!

Re: Elvis and girls

Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:22 pm

Priscilla now says that she and Elvis did have sex.

With Priscilla who knows what the truth is.

Re: Elvis and girls

Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:29 pm

brian wrote:Priscilla now says that she and Elvis did have sex.

With Priscilla who knows what the truth is.


Havin sex once in a blue moon is not an active sex life they were a young couple,the way cilla looked in the late 60s early 70s he should have been servicing her twice nightly every time he was home !!!

Re: Elvis and girls

Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:01 pm

Alanna Nash seems to have an agenda, a point to prove, regardless of the actual facts. She was on a documentary i saw recently, claiming the 42 year old Elvis was still surrounding himself with 14 year old girls, a ridiculous claim at best, given Elvis was barely surrounding himself with ANYONE at this time, other than his inner circle, and the Alden sisters. it's one thing to say a 21 year old Elvis was comfortable with teenage girls, another to say the 30 or 40 year old adult Elvis was - there's never been a single case, a single claim in the press brought about Elvis actually having sex with an underage girl, to my knowledge.

Cybil Shepherd, Barbara Leigh, Linda Thompson, Susan Henning, Ann Margaret, Donna Douglas, Juliet Prowse, Susanna Leigh, Kathy Westmoreland, Joyce Bova and so many other adult women he had sexual relations with have never had much of a bad word to say.

With regards Priscilla after they had the baby, there's a well known psychological condition, which can arise where men put the mothers of their children on a pedestal, and can't see them in a sexual context. This is a totally separate issue, still prevalent today, and further, the fact Elvis was a serial dater at this time can't have helped. Without being crude, the expression "mother f****r is a derading insult for a reason!!

As for Lamar, he seems to have a knack for coming up with unsavoury comments about his former boss and friend, and was one of the worst of all of the MM's in my opinion - someone who was a hanger on in the truest sense of the word. Saying Elvis had body odour, that you could smell him coming before he entered a room, collaberating with the Goldman book - it just leaves a very bad taste.

Re: Elvis and girls

Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:36 pm

DarrylMac wrote:With regards Priscilla after they had the baby, there's a well known psychological condition, which can arise where men put the mothers of their children on a pedestal, and can't see them in a sexual context. This is a totally separate issue, still prevalent today



Never heard of this !!!

Re: Elvis and girls

Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:21 pm

DarrylMac wrote:Alanna Nash seems to have an agenda, a point to prove, regardless of the actual facts. She was on a documentary i saw recently, claiming the 42 year old Elvis was still surrounding himself with 14 year old girls, a ridiculous claim at best, given Elvis was barely surrounding himself with ANYONE at this time, other than his inner circle, and the Alden sisters. it's one thing to say a 21 year old Elvis was comfortable with teenage girls, another to say the 30 or 40 year old adult Elvis was - there's never been a single case, a single claim in the press brought about Elvis actually having sex with an underage girl, to my knowledge.

Cybil Shepherd, Barbara Leigh, Linda Thompson, Susan Henning, Ann Margaret, Donna Douglas, Juliet Prowse, Susanna Leigh, Kathy Westmoreland, Joyce Bova and so many other adult women he had sexual relations with have never had much of a bad word to say.

With regards Priscilla after they had the baby, there's a well known psychological condition, which can arise where men put the mothers of their children on a pedestal, and can't see them in a sexual context. This is a totally separate issue, still prevalent today, and further, the fact Elvis was a serial dater at this time can't have helped. Without being crude, the expression "mother f****r is a derading insult for a reason!!

As for Lamar, he seems to have a knack for coming up with unsavoury comments about his former boss and friend, and was one of the worst of all of the MM's in my opinion - someone who was a hanger on in the truest sense of the word. Saying Elvis had body odour, that you could smell him coming before he entered a room, collaberating with the Goldman book - it just leaves a very bad taste.


Very well put and I agree 100% with everything you wrote in this post! Nothing but facts.

Re: Elvis and girls

Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:26 pm

r&b wrote:
SuspiciousMind wrote:
r&b wrote:It could have been worse (think M Jackson and boys) but Elvis was certainly a perfect case for psycho therapy. What a messed up individual. What about Ann-Margret?


WTF do you mean messed up? Show me one proof that he banged an under age child. Just ONE! And what about Ann Margaret? She was a grown ass woman when they met. Elvis, unlike Michael Jackson, wasn't no child molestor or pedophile. PLAIN AND SIMPLE! :x



Who ever said he banged under aged girls? Not me! Im just saying being attracted to them is kind of eerie in a way ,thats all. My comment about Ann-Margret meant that if he did have sex with her, then he was quite normal and not only attracted to just young girls. She never came right out and said either way. But from what Ive read in many different books, he wasnt normal sexually. No one stops having sex with his wife because she had a child. Sorry, thats strange.


Elvis didn't stop having sex with Priscilla following the birth of Lisa Marie. In fact, there's a story years ago from Priscilla herself about trying to get pregnant in 1971 because she and Elvis wanted to give Lisa a little brother or sister. But Priscilla didn't get pregnant and Elvis lost interest. That's what led to their separation followed by the divorce.

I don't have a link to that story so please don't request one. It was in a magazine or something years ago.

Re: Elvis and girls

Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:48 pm

jungleroombear wrote:Well its a no-brainer that Elvis would choose to spend his love-making time with someone who holds-up well rather than a floppy, cellulite embossed, spaniels ear displaying, shelf maiden. Wouldn't we all? I'd trade my dragon in for a hotter one anytime.


Thoughts like these really diminish the quality of this forum. What kind of a person makes such nasty, mean-spirited comments?

Re: Elvis and girls

Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:05 am

rocknroller wrote:the way cilla looked in the late 60s early 70s he should have been servicing her twice nightly every time he was home !!!


There's some pretty basic attitudes to women on this board.

Re: Elvis and girls

Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:11 am

Bill Tanner wrote:There's some pretty basic attitudes to women on this board.


that`s why I have stayed away from this topic...

Re: Elvis and girls

Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:19 am

sweetangeline wrote:
Bill Tanner wrote:There's some pretty basic attitudes to women on this board.


that`s why I have stayed away from this topic...


It's offensive, and pathetic.

Thank goodness it's just a small minority of members who choose to express themselves this way.

And no one bothered to chime in on my query. The three year-old book review that began this woebegone topic was for Baby, Let's Play House: Elvis Presley and the Women Who Loved Him by Alanna Nash.

Re: Elvis and girls

Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:19 am

DarrylMac wrote:Alanna Nash seems to have an agenda, a point to prove ...


The role of a biographer is to tell the story of the subject; a dispassionate accounting makes for an work of insignificance. It is up to the reader to judge whether the author exercised due diligence in drawing their conclusions. In general, Nash has offered a very high standard.

DarrylMac wrote:... there's never been a single case, a single claim in the press brought about Elvis actually having sex with an underage girl, to my knowledge.


Actually, no. There are claims, and they reference events as far back as 1955. It doesn't mean such activities were an exclusive or consistent part of his life, however. So you need to study up before hurling accusations in a public forum.

DarrylMac wrote:As for Lamar, he seems to have a knack for coming up with unsavoury comments about his former boss and friend, and was one of the worst of all of the MM's in my opinion - someone who was a hanger on in the truest sense of the word. Saying Elvis had body odour, that you could smell him coming before he entered a room, collaberating with the Goldman book - it just leaves a very bad taste.


Again, you speak from ignorance -- and ill of the dead to boot. The comment was about the fact that Elvis used a lot cologne -- Brut by Fabergé, very popular in the '70s. You could smell the cologne before you saw him. It is from a 1999 TV interview for "The E! True Hollywood Story - The Last Days of Elvis," not the 1981 Goldman travesty. It was the show's producers who edited it to make Elvis look unsavory.

Lamar Fike was far from a hanger-on, sharing a friendship with Presley from 1957 to 1977. Few knew him that long on a personal level. They were like brothers, albeit very dysfunctional siblings (Elvis verbally abused Lamar throughout their relationship). After Elvis' death, he was convinced by Albert Goldman that his contributions would serve a definitive, balanced biography. Goldman lied. Fike always regretted his mistake, and squandered the pittance he received for Elvis.

Fike was very funny, and quite intelligent, as proved by his contributions to Elvis Aaron Presley: Revelations from the Memphis Mafia, published in 1995. These were likely among the qualities that kept him close to Elvis for over twenty years.

Again, do your research, then make your comments. Thank you.

Re: Elvis and girls

Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:51 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
DarrylMac wrote:Alanna Nash seems to have an agenda, a point to prove ...


The role of a biographer is to tell the story of the subject; a dispassionate accounting makes for an work of insignificance. It is up to the reader to judge whether the author exercised due diligence in drawing their conclusions. In general, Nash has offered a very high standard.

DarrylMac wrote:... there's never been a single case, a single claim in the press brought about Elvis actually having sex with an underage girl, to my knowledge.


Actually, no. There are claims, and they reference events as far back as 1955. It doesn't mean such activities were an exclusive or consistent part of his life, however. So you need to study up before hurling accusations in a public forum.

DarrylMac wrote:As for Lamar, he seems to have a knack for coming up with unsavoury comments about his former boss and friend, and was one of the worst of all of the MM's in my opinion - someone who was a hanger on in the truest sense of the word. Saying Elvis had body odour, that you could smell him coming before he entered a room, collaberating with the Goldman book - it just leaves a very bad taste.


Again, you speak from ignorance -- and ill of the dead to boot. The comment was about the fact that Elvis used a lot cologne -- Brut by Fabergé, very popular in the '70s. You could smell the cologne before you saw him. It is from a 1999 TV interview for "The E! True Hollywood Story - The Last Days of Elvis," not the 1981 Goldman travesty. It was the show's producers who edited it to make Elvis look unsavory.

Lamar Fike was far from a hanger-on, sharing a friendship with Presley from 1957 to 1977. Few knew him that long on a personal level. They were like brothers, albeit very dysfunctional siblings (Elvis verbally abused Lamar throughout their relationship). After Elvis' death, he was convinced by Albert Goldman that his contributions would serve a definitive, balanced biography. Goldman lied. Fike always regretted his mistake, and squandered the pittance he received for Elvis.

Fike was very funny, and quite intelligent, as proved by his contributions to Elvis Aaron Presley: Revelations from the Memphis Mafia, published in 1995. These were likely among the qualities that kept him close to Elvis for over twenty years.

Again, do your research, then make your comments. Thank you.


Actually John, Fike's words were that Elvis stopped taking baths and stunk so bad that you could smell him from afar. We all know though if that were true, some lady, even one of the maids would have smelt it and by now mentioned that he smelt worse than a skunk. Fike always rubbed me the wrong way. He just came over as bitter about Elvis yet always wanted to tell "his story".

Re: Elvis and girls

Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:06 am

SuspiciousMind wrote:... Fike's words were that Elvis stopped taking baths and stunk so bad that you could smell him from afar.


Actually, no.

You have already proven your lack of insight on other topics, and you are incorrect here as well.

Thank you.

Re: Elvis and girls

Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:32 am

SuspiciousMind wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
DarrylMac wrote:Alanna Nash seems to have an agenda, a point to prove ...


The role of a biographer is to tell the story of the subject; a dispassionate accounting makes for an work of insignificance. It is up to the reader to judge whether the author exercised due diligence in drawing their conclusions. In general, Nash has offered a very high standard.

DarrylMac wrote:... there's never been a single case, a single claim in the press brought about Elvis actually having sex with an underage girl, to my knowledge.


Actually, no. There are claims, and they reference events as far back as 1955. It doesn't mean such activities were an exclusive or consistent part of his life, however. So you need to study up before hurling accusations in a public forum.

DarrylMac wrote:As for Lamar, he seems to have a knack for coming up with unsavoury comments about his former boss and friend, and was one of the worst of all of the MM's in my opinion - someone who was a hanger on in the truest sense of the word. Saying Elvis had body odour, that you could smell him coming before he entered a room, collaberating with the Goldman book - it just leaves a very bad taste.


I dont think it was that bad but in Revelations of The Memhis Mafia, it was acknowledged by everyone including Billy Smith that Elvis didnt like to bathe as far back as the early days. He took 'whore baths' and loaded up on deordorant to avoid smelling. When the drug use really got out of control by 1973, that is when he began to smell as he bathed less frequently due being out of it.

Again, you speak from ignorance -- and ill of the dead to boot. The comment was about the fact that Elvis used a lot cologne -- Brut by Fabergé, very popular in the '70s. You could smell the cologne before you saw him. It is from a 1999 TV interview for "The E! True Hollywood Story - The Last Days of Elvis," not the 1981 Goldman travesty. It was the show's producers who edited it to make Elvis look unsavory.

Lamar Fike was far from a hanger-on, sharing a friendship with Presley from 1957 to 1977. Few knew him that long on a personal level. They were like brothers, albeit very dysfunctional siblings (Elvis verbally abused Lamar throughout their relationship). After Elvis' death, he was convinced by Albert Goldman that his contributions would serve a definitive, balanced biography. Goldman lied. Fike always regretted his mistake, and squandered the pittance he received for Elvis.

Fike was very funny, and quite intelligent, as proved by his contributions to Elvis Aaron Presley: Revelations from the Memphis Mafia, published in 1995. These were likely among the qualities that kept him close to Elvis for over twenty years.

Again, do your research, then make your comments. Thank you.


Actually John, Fike's words were that Elvis stopped taking baths and stunk so bad that you could smell him from afar. We all know though if that were true, some lady, even one of the maids would have smelt it and by now mentioned that he smelt worse than a skunk. Fike always rubbed me the wrong way. He just came over as bitter about Elvis yet always wanted to tell "his story".

Re: Elvis and girls

Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:53 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
jungleroombear wrote:Well its a no-brainer that Elvis would choose to spend his love-making time with someone who holds-up well rather than a floppy, cellulite embossed, spaniels ear displaying, shelf maiden. Wouldn't we all? I'd trade my dragon in for a hotter one anytime.


Thoughts like these really diminish the quality of this forum. What kind of a person makes such nasty, mean-spirited comments?


I'd say someone who's sense of humour is more subtle than yours!

Re: Elvis and girls

Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:56 am

jungleroombear wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
jungleroombear wrote:Well its a no-brainer that Elvis would choose to spend his love-making time with someone who holds-up well rather than a floppy, cellulite embossed, spaniels ear displaying, shelf maiden. Wouldn't we all? I'd trade my dragon in for a hotter one anytime.


Thoughts like these really diminish the quality of this forum. What kind of a person makes such nasty, mean-spirited comments?


I'd say someone who's sense of humour is more subtle than yours!


Something humourous is supposed to be funny, not vicious and unkind.

Hope this is not too subtle for you.

Re: Elvis and girls

Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:05 am

SuspiciousMind wrote:
r&b wrote:
SuspiciousMind wrote:
r&b wrote:It could have been worse (think M Jackson and boys) but Elvis was certainly a perfect case for psycho therapy. What a messed up individual. What about Ann-Margret?


WTF do you mean messed up? Show me one proof that he banged an under age child. Just ONE! And what about Ann Margaret? She was a grown ass woman when they met. Elvis, unlike Michael Jackson, wasn't no child molestor or pedophile. PLAIN AND SIMPLE! :x



Who ever said he banged under aged girls? Not me! Im just saying being attracted to them is kind of eerie in a way ,thats all. My comment about Ann-Margret meant that if he did have sex with her, then he was quite normal and not only attracted to just young girls. She never came right out and said either way. But from what Ive read in many different books, he wasnt normal sexually. No one stops having sex with his wife because she had a child. Sorry, thats strange.


Elvis didn't stop having sex with Priscilla following the birth of Lisa Marie. In fact, there's a story years ago from Priscilla herself about trying to get pregnant in 1971 because she and Elvis wanted to give Lisa a little brother or sister. But Priscilla didn't get pregnant and Elvis lost interest. That's what led to their separation followed by the divorce.

I don't have a link to that story so please don't request one. It was in a magazine or something years ago.


It was probably a tabloid.

Back when Elvis and Priscilla were married they were in the tabloids a lot.

There were all kinds of stories about Priscilla being pregnant, having miscarriages or trying to have another baby.

I don't think any of those stories were true.

Re: Elvis and girls

Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:07 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
SuspiciousMind wrote:... Fike's words were that Elvis stopped taking baths and stunk so bad that you could smell him from afar.


Actually, no.

You have already proven your lack of insight on other topics, and you are incorrect here as well.

Thank you.


Oh I'm sorry your Majesty. I'll try not to step on your toes next time. :roll:

Re: Elvis and girls

Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:11 am

SuspiciousMind wrote:Oh I'm sorry your Majesty. I'll try not to step on your toes next time. :roll:


No need to be condescending. You're not stepping on anyone's toes, you're just posting falsehood as fact.

Getting it right is important, Elvis is not just another singer, and history is not to be trifled with.

Thanks.

Re: Elvis and girls

Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:38 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
jungleroombear wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
jungleroombear wrote:Well its a no-brainer that Elvis would choose to spend his love-making time with someone who holds-up well rather than a floppy, cellulite embossed, spaniels ear displaying, shelf maiden. Wouldn't we all? I'd trade my dragon in for a hotter one anytime.


Thoughts like these really diminish the quality of this forum. What kind of a person makes such nasty, mean-spirited comments?


I'd say someone who's sense of humour is more subtle than yours!


Something humourous is supposed to be funny, not vicious and unkind.

Hope this is not too subtle for you.


No, it's actually quite vicious and unkind.

Re: Elvis and girls

Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:06 am

Bill Tanner wrote:
rocknroller wrote:the way cilla looked in the late 60s early 70s he should have been servicing her twice nightly every time he was home !!!


There's some pretty basic attitudes to women on this board.



Hey elvis was the king of pretty basic attitudes to women !!!