Post here your Elvis' pictures

Who is this guy with Elvis?

Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:19 am

I know he was one of Elvis' security guys, but what is his name? He seemed like he was such a jerk to the fans from photos I have seen of him.

Re: Who is this guy with Elvis?

Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:45 am

James Caughley Jr, or 'Hamburger James'

Hamburger James was a guy who wanted to be in the Memphis Mafia, and was eventually initiated as a member - but unlike Red West and some of the others, his role in the Memphis Mafia was somewhat limited. Mainly, he was just the guy who went out for hamburgers at 3:00am or whenever Elvis had a sudden desire for one. When Elvis wanted something, he wanted it right then and there. It didn’t matter whether that something was a car, a horse, or a hamburger. It didn’t matter if places were opened or closed or if it was 3:00 in the morning. In fact, this is why James Caughley was given the name “Hamburger James” - he’d be the one to run out for hamburgers at Elvis’ whim.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=53187
Last edited by Energy Catalyzer on Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:53 am

How did Elvis even meet this shlub?

Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:37 pm

To me, this guy symbolizes all the negativity around the Memphis Mafia.
A total ass, who left trying to rip off EP.

Most guys have an interesting life story or developed a life themselves after Elvis died.
James "vanished" and that's the good news about him.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:28 am

Robert wrote:To me, this guy symbolizes all the negativity around the Memphis Mafia.

Most guys have an interesting life story or developed a life themselves after Elvis died.

correcting

most guys mostly write books cans to get a max of money. Let's be honest

Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:12 am

Energy Catalyzer wrote:
Robert wrote:To me, this guy symbolizes all the negativity around the Memphis Mafia.

correcting

You are mistaken there.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:14 am

Energy Catalyzer wrote:

correcting

Rare are those who have not benefited from his name.

Al Strada (for ex) did not benefit after EP' death.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:30 am

Thanks for the info on him.

I remember a series of photos with this guy in them, from '72, maybe New York. Elvis is coming out of a hotel and this guy (jerk) is standing by the car and see
a man with a camera filming Elvis and he walks over and stands right in front of the guy. Probably orders from the Colonel, but really! :evil: The man (trying to)
filming Elvis was out of the way and not hurting or bothering anyone. And Mr. "Hamburger" went and stood in front of him and his camera. ASS!!!

I think the photos I'm speaking of are in a Tunzi book.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:31 am

KatluvsElvis wrote:I remember a series of photos with this guy in them, from '72, maybe New York. Elvis is coming out of a hotel and this guy (jerk) is standing by the car and see
a man with a camera filming Elvis and he walks over and stands right in front of the guy. Probably orders from the Colonel, but really! :evil: The man (trying to)
filming Elvis was out of the way and not hurting or bothering anyone. And Mr. "Hamburger" went and stood in front of him and his camera. ASS!!!

I think the photos I'm speaking of are in a Tunzi book.

Yeah, they were taken in Tulsa, couple of shots illustrating the blocking can be seen here