Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: MRS (EP) ‘Such A Night in Pearl Harbor’ Press release !

Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:13 pm

EPA4368 wrote:Just bought mine from eBay seller in US....new - sealed...free ship...

This is a combo pack containing a brand new hardcover 100 page small format book as well as a music CD. It is a fantastic package covering Elvis' benefit concert in Pearl Harbor that helped finance the USS Arizona Memorial. It is a very interesting read with lots of great, rare photos, with the music CD added for additional enjoyment and historical reference. The concert is found here in much better sound quality than anywhere else before !

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330710209005?ss ... 035wt_1080

Seller shipped quickly, great communication, packaged very good and received item in excellent condition.

Played it a dozen times already! I love it!

Totally agree with PiersEIN's outstanding review on EIN..."Elvis' obvious enjoyment is apparent as he is once again on stage"..."now the audio sounds much, much richer plus all those old extremely annoying level fluctuations and tape dropouts have been fixed ..."this new audio improvement makes this concert a thoroughly more enjoyable listening experience even if not professionally recorded"..."includes 22 photos as well as some press cuttings. All the shots of Elvis on stage in his gold lame jacket are great to look at while listening to the CD"..."A classic Elvis concert beautifully remastered for 2012 and packed with quality photos and memorabilia".

'Such A Night in Pearl Harbor' MRS Book/CD review - by Piers Beagley
http://www.elvisinfonet.com/cd_review_s ... arbor.html

Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:59 pm

This concert is what Elvis is all about to me - wild rocking tunes, a bit of blues, nice balleds, hits and a gospel number. Plus he's committed, the band is great and there is minimal banter. My only surprise during this show is that he didn't say anything about the cause or the reason for this concert or acknowlege the response from the ticket buyers.

Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:00 pm

Tony.. wrote:This concert is what Elvis is all about to me - wild rocking tunes, a bit of blues, nice balleds, hits and a gospel number. Plus he's committed, the band is great and there is minimal banter. My only surprise during this show is that he didn't say anything about the cause or the reason for this concert or acknowlege the response from the ticket buyers.

Maybe this actually did happen.

Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:12 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Tony.. wrote:This concert is what Elvis is all about to me - wild rocking tunes, a bit of blues, nice balleds, hits and a gospel number. Plus he's committed, the band is great and there is minimal banter. My only surprise during this show is that he didn't say anything about the cause or the reason for this concert or acknowlege the response from the ticket buyers.

.....and maybe "Until it's time for you to go" was edited out also!!! :lol:

Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:40 am

Tony.. wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

.....and maybe "Until it's time for you to go" was edited out also!!! :lol:

I'm not joking. :D

Tue May 22, 2012 2:52 am

:lol: Just got this release and listen all the way through. Yes it IS 'great' release indeed. I was particularily impressed to hear songs such as All Shook Up sung with care and not rushed and also the energy level. The radio broadcast afterwoods put it all into context and perspective and what a great release! I still could hear audio variability, but it is inded much improved. Seems all the more pity Elvis got sand in his eye and cancelled his last chance to see the Memorial in March 1977.

Tue May 22, 2012 3:41 am

YDKM wrote:I was particularily impressed to hear songs such as All Shook Up sung with care and not rushed and also the energy level.

This performance has been available since 1978, and you're only hearing it now, in 2012?

Tue May 22, 2012 4:02 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
YDKM wrote:I was particularily impressed to hear songs such as All Shook Up sung with care and not rushed and also the energy level.

This performance has been available since 1978, and you're only hearing it now, in 2012?

no no NO!...
its just been quite a few YEARS since i listened to this show....and his performance of All Shook Up was just one clear 'highlight' + all the background broadcast details and REASON for the show just added so MUCH MORE to my overall enjoyment!~

Fri May 25, 2012 12:56 am

Given how many times we all re-buy essentially the same material under the promise of improved
sound and better presentation, I don't
see what the big deal is to hope that MRS can put together a tidy package with adding new flavor
to the proceedings.
The recent Hayride set was a fantastic buy.

I've wanted to buy this but unlike other recent MRS titles, for some reason none of them are for sale
at Amazon in the US, as was previously the case.

What's the hold-up, MRS? Looks like another fine compliment to RCA/ SONY, FTD and the import offerings.
Now please make it available for U.S. buyers as you previously have done.

Fri May 25, 2012 1:08 am

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:Now please make it available for U.S. buyers as you previously have done.

Greg, you are aware that MRS only releases this material (which consists mostly of audio rips from Sony product and bootleg sources) in Europe because of the public domain laws in Europe.

Fri May 25, 2012 1:16 am

midnightx wrote:
Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:Now please make it available for U.S. buyers as you previously have done.

Greg, you are aware that MRS only releases this material (which consists mostly of audio rips from Sony product and bootleg sources) in Europe because of the public domain laws in Europe.

Yes, I'm aware of that, 'X, but previous MRS sets always find their way to US -on-line retailers. Maybe they cut back on that.

While I regularly support FTD (have every title ever released) and just about all key RCA Legacy (SONY) titles, I am glad that
the upstart MRS does what it does, misgivings about those behind it notwithstanding. They have issued some damn impressive
titles given the tools they have.

Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:20 pm

Well, well, well... There is a very interesting review of MRS' Such A Night in the latest ETMAHM. Or should I call it a praise? After reading so many "educated" opinions against this release from this forum of negativity, I'm glad the CD gets all the credit it deserves in this particular magazine.

Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:47 pm

Albert Goldman wrote:Well, well, well... There is a very interesting review of MRS' Such A Night in the latest ETMAHM. Or should I call it a praise? After reading so many "educated" opinions against this release from this forum of negativity, I'm glad the CD gets all the credit it deserves in this particular magazine.

There's no higher praise than that which comes from someone who chooses "Albert Goldman" as their login.

Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:57 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Albert Goldman wrote:Well, well, well... There is a very interesting review of MRS' Such A Night in the latest ETMAHM. Or should I call it a praise? After reading so many "educated" opinions against this release from this forum of negativity, I'm glad the CD gets all the credit it deserves in this particular magazine.

There's no higher praise than that which comes from someone who chooses "Albert Goldman" as their login.

Not everyone can be a doctor.

FYI-- the praise comes from the magazine, which you do respect, and they say
it is "highly recommened" and "is unlikely to be bettered".

Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:13 am

ekenee wrote:FYI-- the praise comes from the magazine ...

Albert Goldman praises the review. I am referencing that.

If you look again at my post, and you concentrate really hard, you may be able to make this connection by noticing I quote his statement just above mine.

Good luck! Raise the bar!!

Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:16 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
ekenee wrote:FYI-- the praise comes from the magazine ...

Albert Goldman praises the review. I am referencing that.

If you look again at my post, and you concentrate really hard, you may be able to make this connection by noticing I quote his statement just above mine.

Good luck! Raise the bar!!

Nice try. But no cigar.

So, you don't agree with the review?

Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:39 am

tcb1 wrote:Oh come on Johnny lets have a sing song:

Come on everybody clap your hands
Now you're looking good
I'm gonna sing my song and you won't take long
We gotta do the twist those words and it goes like this
Come on let's twist those words again like we did last summer
Yea, let's twist them words again like we did last year
Do you remember when things were really hummin'
Yea, let's twist his words again, twistin' Doc time is here

Yeah round 'n around 'n up 'n down we go again
Oh baby make me know you love the Doc so then
Come on let's twist everyone’s words again like we did last summer
Yea, let's twist them to suit my needs again, twistin' Doc time is here

Yea, let's twist them words he said again, twistin' Doc time is here

Yeah round 'n around 'n up 'n down we go again and again and again
Oh baby make me know I’m the twisted Doc we love to hate
Come on let's twist them words again like we did last summer
Yea, let's twist those words again, twistin' Doc time is here.. Yeeehaaa

Seek help -->
http://www.apa.org/topics/schiz/index.aspx

Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:37 am

ekenee wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Not everyone can be a doctor.

FYI-- the praise comes from the magazine, which you do respect, and they say
it is "highly recommened" and "is unlikely to be bettered".

ekenee, thank you for getting my message. Somebody with a balaclava on his head is just trying to shoot the messanger. Maybe he can't hear us.

"(...) hearing the terrific versions of rarely-performed tracks like 'Reconsider Baby´, Such A Night´, ´(Now And Then There´s) A Fool Such As I´and ´Swing Down Sweet Chariot´ as presented on RCA´s ´Elvis Aron Presley´ box-set or the earlier bootleg vinyl release is like listening to the MRS disc wearing a set of ear-muffs over balaclava."

ETMAHM No. 96. June 2012. Page 35.

Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:43 am

tcb1 wrote:Oh come on Johnny lets have a sing song:

Come on everybody clap your hands
Now you're looking good
I'm gonna sing my song and you won't take long
We gotta do the twist those words and it goes like this
Come on let's twist those words again like we did last summer
Yea, let's twist his words again, twistin' Doc time is here

Yeah round 'n around 'n up 'n down we go again
Oh baby make me know you love the Doc so then
Yea, let's twist them to suit my needs again, twistin' Doc time is here

Yea, let's twist them words he said again, twistin' Doc time is here

Yeah round 'n around 'n up 'n down we go again and again and again
Oh baby make me know I’m the twisted Doc we love to hate
Come on let's twist them words again like we did last summer
Yea, let's twist those words again, twistin' Doc time is here.. Yeeehaaa

This will be big hit this summer!

Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:43 pm

It sounds better then the original bootleg/RCA releases.
It's about time someone tried to work on the dammaged tape.
The results are what they are: A better sounding show.
The package is very nice too...

So unless someone finds another (even better) unknown source, this release is the one to have.
And i have the other previous outings too...altough i will only play those for nostalgic reasons.

Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:55 pm

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:I've wanted to buy this but unlike other recent MRS titles, for some reason none of them are for sale at Amazon in the US, as was previously the case.
What's the hold-up, MRS? Looks like another fine compliment to RCA/ SONY, FTD and the import offerings.
Now please make it available for U.S. buyers as you previously have done.

You can order this title from here:

http://www.blahdvd.com/Music/Elvis-Pres ... roduct.htm

The price is really low and the shipping cost for this title is only €1.88 to the US.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:41 pm

So anybody here know what source they used for this release and where did they get it?

Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:45 pm

Greg1995 wrote:So anybody here know what source they used for this release and where did they get it?

This is a reach but...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:40 pm

elvis-fan wrote:
Greg1995 wrote:So anybody here know what source they used for this release and where did they get it?

This is a reach but...

It "may" be that source, but whatever it may be: it sounds better on the MRS version.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:30 pm

elvis-fan wrote:

This is a reach but...

elvis.JPG

Bingo.

This source has already been cited several times on this topic, not sure why there is a question now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.