Off Topic Messages

Live A Little Love A Little Interrupted !

Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:04 am

The airing of the movie was interrupted by an ABC News Special Report on a plane crash. How dare they !!

phpBB [video]

Re: Live A Little Love A Little Interrupted !

Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:28 am

TCB-FAN wrote:The airing of the movie was interrupted by an ABC News Special Report on a plane crash. How dare they !!

phpBB [video]

The crash occurred at 4:01pm ET on Wednesday, January 13, 1982. 78 people died as the plane crashed into the Potomac due to pilot error. Kind of sad.

Air Florida Flight 90
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Florida_Flight_90

Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:47 pm

Yep, how could 78 people dying be more important than an Elvis movie.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:22 pm

I remember watching an Elvis news footage compilation called "Have you heard the news" at the Elvis festival on the afternoon of sept 11th 2001. The title flashed up on the screen occasionally. Halfway through the screening, a few fans came drifting into the ballroom looking shocked, saying "have you heard the news about New York"....... Eerie.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:04 am

Tony.. wrote:I remember watching an Elvis news footage compilation called "Have you heard the news" at the Elvis festival on the afternoon of sept 11th 2001. The title flashed up on the screen occasionally. Halfway through the screening, a few fans came drifting into the ballroom looking shocked, saying "have you heard the news about New York"....... Eerie.

What happened?

Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:14 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Tony.. wrote:I remember watching an Elvis news footage compilation called "Have you heard the news" at the Elvis festival on the afternoon of sept 11th 2001. The title flashed up on the screen occasionally. Halfway through the screening, a few fans came drifting into the ballroom looking shocked, saying "have you heard the news about New York"....... Eerie.

What happened?

I've highlighted what I would take as a clue.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:20 am

FVH wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

What happened?

I've highlighted what I would take as a clue.

My guess is he didn't need a clue, dude.