Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Why Only One Child?

Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:43 am

Elvis probably shouldn't have gotten married, he was unsuited for it, particularly in the position that he was in. But our society sells this dream as a marriage as some sort of mandate/cure all/ticket to heaven and even people that shouldn't do it, do it because they get their minds all waxed up. Not everyone is cut out for roles as a father/husband etc and there's nothing wrong with that. Many people would be a lot happier if society respected that position, but it doesn't. We value it culturally at times, and we extoll the virtues of freedom, but there's really nothing society so much as a person who is their own man/own woman.

Rock n' roller you're portrait of Elvis and Priscilla's marriage is decidedly one sided. The thing is with Colonel Beaulieu and with Priscilla herself there were actions that could have been/would have been taken if this were a conventional relationship but that weren't because this was Elvis Presley. I don't mean this a besmirch on their characters, far from it. I have seen relatively little to show that they did not act in sincerity in most cases, however sincerely treating Elvis like an icon as opposed to a human being is still treating Elvis as an icon instead of a person. And that's something Elvis had to live with which also made something like marriage tough. You see this with the Bodyguards as well. There are actions that might end a friendship or a relationship that are accepted, ignored etc. because this wasn't Elvis Presley friend, this was Elvis Presley legend and millionaire. Most girls, particularly in their mid-teens, would not spend three years pining over a few month relationship despite an occasional call or letter. Because this is Elvis Presley that happens. Again when I say that I don't mean Priscilla and her folks marked Elvis for marriage for his money. But instinctively they treated him differently because of who he was. And on Elvis's side of the equation it is a dehumanizing experience and also a corrupting one. There is no villain here, it's just the way things work out when the scales are so uneven.

Somebody mentioned Ann Margaret as a better match. Regardless of temperament, A/M would be a better match because there's less awe of celebrity. However, would just the concept of Elvis Presley not be a great catch for A/M? It's a very tough position to be in to be not just a celebrity but an icon's icon.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:55 am

Bollocks !!! elvis moved her in to graceland moulded her like some sort of geisha girl and tryed to make her in to the woman he wanted.he was a grown man no one should have forced him to marry anyone you make him sound an even bigger dickhead in this sorry saga.cilla was an impressionable 16 year old kid.i take it by your post you don't have any daughters ? i don't believe priscilla's father would do that but i guess you never know.cilla's dad should have went to graceland and kicked his sorry arse up and down the driveway ! thats what i would have done and any other father would do the same.no women deserves to be treated the way elvis treated cilla.

For one thing, Elvis did care for her, but with all the other women he had access to, according to Marty and Sonny and Billy, Elvis didn't want to get married. I know this based on talking to them personally. Another thing, Elvis himself put himself in the situation where he could be coerced and leverage placed on him. The example of Jerry Lee Lewis, his career and his 13 year old cousin once removed ingrained in his, Vernon and the Colonels minds. This was a different time but images and accusations of pedophilia could ruin a career, just ask Jerry Lee and Michael Jackson. Those images and accusations were brought to bear in subtle ways and Elvis had to make an honest woman out of her according to the MM.

Also, lets not act as if Elvis wasn't far and away above Priscilla and couldn't have had countless women better and of more stature than Priscilla regardless the fact he was from a poor family from Tupelo. Even when he got married, he was the star by which other stars were measured and could have had his pick of women. Elvis knew even then he was never going to settle down and be monogamous and virtually every male in the MM knew it also. It was as stated in the MM book, Elvis liked having someone to come home to...it's a nice idea, but he also liked his women on the road. Marriage wasn't going to change that. However, had Elvis married someone he felt his equal, he might have felt compelled to keep his pecker in her pants alone, but I sincerely doubt it. Either way, it was voiced to the MM according to them that Elvis had no choice but to marry her...he put himself into a bad spot bringing her to live with him and it cost him. Had he dropped her when he left Germany, nothing more would have been done, but he didn't, which obviously speaks that he cared for her...to a point. Just not to the point of marriage.

I understand why Priscilla's father wanted them to marry and maybe for him it wasn't about money. More like to cover up the fact he was a bad father and his wife was a bad mother with ulterior motives. What good parent in their right mind would EVER give permission for their young child to go away like they did? That whole setup reeks to high heaven and yes I do have a daughter and I would have told Elvis, Vernon and the Colonel to piss up a rope had they wanted my daughter to go live with him or even meet him for the first time without her parents being present in the first place. Elvis was too old for her...period...end of story. They would have never met in the first place had she been my daughter at that age, or at least until she was 17. Either they were stupid crappy parents or they were hoping to take advantage of the situation from the jump. Take your pick, I chose the latter as that is exactly what happened as history proves according to the MM.

I've been in the military and I know how US Military regs and law works. All it would have taken was one call from her father to his commander and Elvis would have been done for...both of his careers military and singing/acting over, finished, kaput. Did her father make that call? No...it could have all ended right then at the first meeting but it didn't. He didn't protect his child, neither did his wife, her mother. What does that say about them? It opens a whole can of what was their motivation for not protecting her...and why not make the call to his commander that they should have? They could have nipped it in the bud before anything ever began, but they didn't and that just begs the question...why? Any good parent would have made the call to protect their child at the young age of 14.
Last edited by Tim C on Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:57 am

Matt Ashton wrote:
eligain wrote:
Matt Ashton wrote:Why didn't Elvis have more children? Do you think if Elvis had more children it would have made a difference to his marriage and his life?

Why didn't Elvis have a child with Linda, he was with her for 5 years? Did Elvis not believe in having children before marriage?

Wow! :roll:

Being a turd must come natural to you :wink:

brian wrote:It's surprise me that you don't know why Elvis and Linda didn't have children together.

To be honest I haven't read much about Linda other than what has been spoken about her on message boards, I had thought with the way things were that Elvis' lifestyle and medication was more of an issue than the moral implications. Most people tend to view Linda in a positive light and was a good thing In Elvis' life. Many believe had Elvis been with Linda that he would have survived August 16th.

They way it seems to have played was Linda left Elvis... So if they had stayed together wouldn't there have been a future child?

I know you are, but what am I?

Seriously, according to Marty, Linda was good for Elvis and he is one who believes Elvis may have had a shot of surviving if she was there. She would have never fallen asleep if he went into the bathroom alone. She would have continuously checked on him. Unfortunately Elvis was already pushing her out and moving on to other women. So whether Linda had wanted to stay or not, it was over. According to Marty, Elvis could only be serious with a woman for about 5 years. He has said that Elvis was pretty much done with Priscilla by the time he was forced to marry her.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:33 am

1.To whom are you responding to Tim C?

2.And what exactly are you responding to?

3. That's the biggest screw up of the quote function that i've ever seen.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:41 am

Tim C wrote:
Bollocks !!! elvis moved her in to graceland moulded her like some sort of geisha girl and tryed to make her in to the woman he wanted.he was a grown man no one should have forced him to marry anyone you make him sound an even bigger dickhead in this sorry saga.cilla was an impressionable 16 year old kid.i take it by your post you don't have any daughters ? i don't believe priscilla's father would do that but i guess you never know.cilla's dad should have went to graceland and kicked his sorry arse up and down the driveway ! thats what i would have done and any other father would do the same.no women deserves to be treated the way elvis treated cilla.

For one thing, Elvis did care for her, but with all the other women he had access to, according to Marty and Sonny and Billy, Elvis didn't want to get married. I know this based on talking to them personally. Another thing, Elvis himself put himself in the situation where he could be coerced and leverage placed on him. The example of Jerry Lee Lewis, his career and his 13 year old cousin once removed ingrained in his, Vernon and the Colonels minds. This was a different time but images and accusations of pedophilia could ruin a career, just ask Jerry Lee and Michael Jackson. Those images and accusations were brought to bear in subtle ways and Elvis had to make an honest woman out of her according to the MM.

Also, lets not act as if Elvis wasn't far and away above Priscilla and couldn't have had countless women better and of more stature than Priscilla regardless the fact he was from a poor family from Tupelo. Even when he got married, he was the star by which other stars were measured and could have had his pick of women. Elvis knew even then he was never going to settle down and be monogamous and virtually every male in the MM knew it also. It was as stated in the MM book, Elvis liked having someone to come home to...it's a nice idea, but he also liked his women on the road. Marriage wasn't going to change that. However, had Elvis married someone he felt his equal, he might have felt compelled to keep his pecker in her pants alone, but I sincerely doubt it. Either way, it was voiced to the MM according to them that Elvis had no choice but to marry her...he put himself into a bad spot bringing her to live with him and it cost him. Had he dropped her when he left Germany, nothing more would have been done, but he didn't, which obviously speaks that he cared for her...to a point. Just not to the point of marriage.

I understand why Priscilla's father wanted them to marry and maybe for him it wasn't about money. More like to cover up the fact he was a bad father and his wife was a bad mother with ulterior motives. What good parent in their right mind would EVER give permission for their young child to go away like they did? That whole setup reeks to high heaven and yes I do have a daughter and I would have told Elvis, Vernon and the Colonel to piss up a rope had they wanted my daughter to go live with him or even meet him for the first time without her parents being present in the first place. Elvis was too old for her...period...end of story :smt023 . They would have never met in the first place had she been my daughter at that age, or at least until she was 17. Either they were stupid crappy parents or they were hoping to take advantage of the situation from the jump. Take your pick, I chose the latter as that is exactly what happened as history proves according to the MM.

I've been in the military and I know how US Military regs and law works. All it would have taken was one call from her father to his commander and Elvis would have been done for...both of his careers military and singing/acting over, finished, kaput. Did her father make that call? No...it could have all ended right then at the first meeting but it didn't. He didn't protect his child, neither did his wife, her mother. What does that say about them? It opens a whole can of what was their motivation for not protecting her...and why not make the call to his commander that they should have? They could have nipped it in the bud before anything ever began, but they didn't and that just begs the question...why? Any good parent would have made the call to protect their child at the young age of 14.

Cheers tim a well written post with a lot of fine points.there was fault on both sides i can see that now,bike was right maybe my view was to onesided but as a father the way elvis treated cilla was wrong and if he had seen lisa grow up and stumble from one relationship to another then maybe he could see how wrong he was but he never got that chance the drugs took that away.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:38 am

eligain wrote:I know you are, but what am I?

As I explained, A Turd!

eligain wrote:Seriously, according to Marty, Linda was good for Elvis and he is one who believes Elvis may have had a shot of surviving if she was there. She would have never fallen asleep if he went into the bathroom alone. She would have continuously checked on him. Unfortunately Elvis was already pushing her out and moving on to other women. So whether Linda had wanted to stay or not, it was over. According to Marty, Elvis could only be serious with a woman for about 5 years. He has said that Elvis was pretty much done with Priscilla by the time he was forced to marry her.

Elvis was pushing her out? She left Elvis after years of nursemaiding a man who she could see was past help. I could see why Elvis didn't want to marry Linda as he was still probably sore at the ending of his last marriage and the financial implications that were still costing him bitterly. As for the 'serious' with a woman for five years quote, what a crock of sh*t, you (or others) have made the length of time up to fit Elvis & Linda's relationship. relationships come and go, some last longer than others period, there wasn't a ticking clock.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:58 pm

Matt Ashton wrote:

As I explained, A Turd!

eligain wrote:Seriously, according to Marty, Linda was good for Elvis and he is one who believes Elvis may have had a shot of surviving if she was there. She would have never fallen asleep if he went into the bathroom alone. She would have continuously checked on him. Unfortunately Elvis was already pushing her out and moving on to other women. So whether Linda had wanted to stay or not, it was over. According to Marty, Elvis could only be serious with a woman for about 5 years. He has said that Elvis was pretty much done with Priscilla by the time he was forced to marry her.

Elvis was pushing her out? She left Elvis after years of nursemaiding a man who she could see was past help. I could see why Elvis didn't want to marry Linda as he was still probably sore at the ending of his last marriage and the financial implications that were still costing him bitterly. As for the 'serious' with a woman for five years quote, what a crock of sh*t, you (or others) have made the length of time up to fit Elvis & Linda's relationship. relationships come and go, some last longer than others period, there wasn't a ticking clock.

I don't know that might be true.

Take a look at all of Elvis' serious relationships besides Priscilla.

Anita Wood they were together from 1957-1958 and then they dated again from 1960-1962

Ann Margret 1963-1964

Linda Thompson 1972-1976.

Barbara Hearn probably on and off from 1953 until 1956.

June Junaico and Dixie Locke he did date for a year or year and a half.

I don't think Elvis had a relationship with a women besides Priscilla that lasted 5 years or longer.

Didn't Elvis buy Linda Thompson her own house in 1975 that seems like he might have been starting to phase her out.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:27 pm

Matt Ashton wrote:

As I explained, A Turd!

I'm not making nothing up. I'm going by what Marty Lacker has said. According to Marty, Elvis was done with Priscilla by 1967 and he didn't want to marry but was forced to follow through the commitment he made to her father when he first moved her in and was forced by the Colonel as well. Same thing happened with Linda, according to Marty. Elvis was done with her by 76 and was pushing her out. He already had another girl lined up for the next tour whether Linda was staying or not. She may have been ready to leave but Elvis was also ready for her to be gone. This isn't just my theory, this is coming from Marty Lacker. Me and other members of the Elvis aek forum discussed this with Marty extensively a few years ago. Mary said that Elvis could only be with a woman a few years before getting restless and wanting to move on.

Please email Marty and tell him what he is saying is a crock of sh*t. I'm dying to hear his response!

Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:27 am

I read somewhere that Priscilla thought she may have been pregnant again in 1971,she said Elvis was excited about it ,so the idea couldn't have been that off putting to him.She said that in the end it was a false alarm.Anyone else read about this,I can't remember what book it was in.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:37 am

jacob wrote:I read somewhere that Priscilla thought she may have been pregnant again in 1971,she said Elvis was excited about it ,so the idea couldn't have been that off putting to him.She said that in the end it was a false alarm.Anyone else read about this,I can't remember what book it was in.

Never heard anything about that before from Priscilla or anyone else.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:32 am

eligain wrote:I'm not making nothing up. I'm going by what Marty Lacker has said. According to Marty, Elvis was done with Priscilla by 1967 and he didn't want to marry but was forced to follow through the commitment he made to her father when he first moved her in and was forced by the Colonel as well. Same thing happened with Linda, according to Marty. Elvis was done with her by 76 and was pushing her out. He already had another girl lined up for the next tour whether Linda was staying or not. She may have been ready to leave but Elvis was also ready for her to be gone. This isn't just my theory, this is coming from Marty Lacker. Me and other members of the Elvis aek forum discussed this with Marty extensively a few years ago. Mary said that Elvis could only be with a woman a few years before getting restless and wanting to move on.

Please email Marty and tell him what he is saying is a crock of sh*t. I'm dying to hear his response!

What happened to the firm five years you quoted earlier? I'm more with Brian on this that there was a steady stream and they could last a few years but I stated that too 8)

Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:56 am

Julian Grant wrote:
rocknroller wrote:at times the guy was just not right in the head.

:smt003 ::rocks

I can't believe how some people make fun of Elvis and disrespect him so much! :roll: :wtf:

Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:06 am

ian wrote:
Julian Grant wrote:
rocknroller wrote:at times the guy was just not right in the head.

:smt003 ::rocks

I can't believe how some people make fun of Elvis and disrespect him so much! :roll: :wtf:

I was not making fun of him ! i was stating a fact as a husband he was a total d*ck ! i repect elvis as a singer but not as a married man !!! so do you repect him as a husband or for his drug Abuse ? oh and by the mid 70s he was not right in the head !!!

Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:09 am

Matt Ashton wrote:
eligain wrote:I'm not making nothing up. I'm going by what Marty Lacker has said. According to Marty, Elvis was done with Priscilla by 1967 and he didn't want to marry but was forced to follow through the commitment he made to her father when he first moved her in and was forced by the Colonel as well. Same thing happened with Linda, according to Marty. Elvis was done with her by 76 and was pushing her out. He already had another girl lined up for the next tour whether Linda was staying or not. She may have been ready to leave but Elvis was also ready for her to be gone. This isn't just my theory, this is coming from Marty Lacker. Me and other members of the Elvis aek forum discussed this with Marty extensively a few years ago. Mary said that Elvis could only be with a woman a few years before getting restless and wanting to move on.

What happened to the firm five years you quoted earlier? I'm more with Brian on this that there was a steady stream and they could last a few years but I stated that too 8)

Read my post. I wrote that Marty said "about 5 years"! There is nothing "firm" about that. What Marty meant was that the limit was about 5 years. READ MY POST! Wrong again!

Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:52 pm

eligain wrote:
Matt Ashton wrote:

Read my post. I wrote that Marty said "about 5 years"! There is nothing "firm" about that. What Marty meant was that the limit was about 5 years. READ MY POST! Wrong again!

Rude again! So if your believing Marty and even he can't get the numbers right, should we take the rest of the half truth bullshit he comes out with a pinch of salt :facep:

Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:36 pm

Matt Ashton wrote:
eligain wrote:
Matt Ashton wrote:

Rude again! So if your believing Marty and even he can't get the numbers right, should we take the rest of the half truth bullshit he comes out with a pinch of salt :facep:

"you're"

Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:21 pm

eligain wrote:
Matt Ashton wrote:
eligain wrote:
Matt Ashton wrote:

"you're"

Try reading through your comment above. Are there any spelling mistakes there? I would also suggest the use of commas.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:03 pm

eligain wrote:
Matt Ashton wrote:
eligain wrote:
Matt Ashton wrote:

"you're"

Calling someone out for spelling mistakes how childish :roll:

Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:20 pm

eligain wrote:
Matt Ashton wrote:
eligain wrote:
Matt Ashton wrote:

"you're"

See if you need to correct this "YOU ARE AN ARSEHOLE"

Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:45 pm

Matt Ashton wrote:
eligain wrote:
Matt Ashton wrote:
eligain wrote:
Matt Ashton wrote:

"you're"

See if you need to correct this "YOU ARE AN ARSEHOLE"

It's "SS" instead of "RSE"! Wrong yet again! :lol:

Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:30 pm

Greg1995 wrote:
luckyjackson1 wrote:Well, not ... her after she gave birth is one thing.

But then she left him (for reasons I can fully understand) so the opportunity to have a second child was gone. :cry:

IIRC, Joyce Bova was pregnant with his child but she had an abortion. I have to read her book to fully understand why she did it.

Never heard of that Joyce Bova was pregnant and had an abortion. Could you share more details from her book and why she had to do it please?

Ummmm, sorry. I forgot the source. Just read it somewhere. Maybe somebody else could help us out with this matter?

Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:48 pm

luckyjackson1 wrote:
Greg1995 wrote:
luckyjackson1 wrote:Well, not ... her after she gave birth is one thing.

But then she left him (for reasons I can fully understand) so the opportunity to have a second child was gone. :cry:

IIRC, Joyce Bova was pregnant with his child but she had an abortion. I have to read her book to fully understand why she did it.

Never heard of that Joyce Bova was pregnant and had an abortion. Could you share more details from her book and why she had to do it please?

Ummmm, sorry. I forgot the source. Just read it somewhere. Maybe somebody else could help us out with this matter?

That's been discussed many times on this board and in fact in a thread very recently.

Joyce Bova talked about it in her book but who knows if she was really pregnant.

As she could have been lying to sell her book.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:58 am

phpBB [video]

Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:10 am

"Elvis Jr." (real name Philip Stanek) claims he was Elvis' and Deloris Hart's illegit son.......what a freakin clown. :facep: :facep: :lol:

Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:12 am

TCB-FAN wrote:"Elvis Jr." (real name Philip Stanek) claims he was Elvis' and Deloris Hart's illegit son.......what a freakin clown. :facep: :facep: :lol: