I FORGOT TO REMEMBER TO FORGET has been sold to Ernst! :)

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Greg1995
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

I FORGOT TO REMEMBER TO FORGET has been sold to Ernst! :)

Post by Greg1995 »

Quoting amberola1b's YouTube comment : " I did sell the rights to him (Ernst)...".
It will be used for sure for future release.
He also got a free copy of the "Boy from Tupelo" ;)
You can see his comments here:

MysteryTrain
Registered for: 21 years

Re: I FORGOT TO REMEMBER TO FORGET has been sold to Ernst! :

Post by MysteryTrain »

Thanks for the information, Greg. I'm glad it wasn't sold to a bootlegger. From the information posted on youtube it appears the actual wire was sold and a tape copy retained by amberola1b ("I still have a copy of it on tape and might post the whole clip of audio that I have leading up to the song"). I expect (and hope) that Sony has the equipment and technology to make a fastastic transfer for future release.

MT
Last edited by MysteryTrain on Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KevinK
Registered for: 20 years 9 months

Post by KevinK »

Good news.
It'll be interesting to see what happens with the recording now that it's in Ernst's hands. Hopefully it won't be released on a 2nd print of BFT.. I don't think I can afford another copy!!

elvisalisellers

Post by elvisalisellers »

Excellent news.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sony now issue [at retail] a trimmed down version of A Boy From Tupelo, with this included as a dangling carrot.

We'll see.

RonBaker2003
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

Post by RonBaker2003 »

Perhaps a new project? Hopefully not a re-issue. I can't afford another one. Maybe an Elvis Rarities?

King Volcano

Post by King Volcano »

They could stick it on a 3CD expanded 7" FTD of the Sun album from '76, the one Elvis was handed on stage. That makes it worth the classic album status in my eyes :)

And it would please those who couldn't/wouldn't get the big Tupelo set if it had all that material.

RonBaker2003
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

Post by RonBaker2003 »

That's really a good idea, King Volcano. Who knows, maybe there are some other things that have been found since then as well?

Topic author
Greg1995

Post by Greg1995 »

RonBaker2003 wrote:That's really a good idea, King Volcano. Who knows, maybe there are some other things that have been found since then as well?

Yeah, maybe Ernst has been able to locate the damn "Rock Around the Clock" acetate.;)

hm80ep
Registered for: 15 years 11 months

Post by hm80ep »

elvisalisellers wrote:Excellent news.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sony now issue [at retail] a trimmed down version of A Boy From Tupelo, with this included as a dangling carrot.

We'll see.
It's already out:

:wink:

Henryk

KingElvis
Registered for: 20 years 7 months

Post by KingElvis »

Greg1995 wrote:Quoting amberola1b's YouTube comment : " I did sell the rights to him (Ernst)...".
Old news....Ernst confirmed this last summer.

mysterytrainrideson
Banned
Banned
Registered for: 11 years 9 months

Post by mysterytrainrideson »

Greg1995 wrote:Quoting amberola1b's YouTube comment : " I did sell the rights to him (Ernst)...".
He also got a free copy of the "Boy from Tupelo" ;)
You can see his comments here:
That's good news!

This user is no longer a member. They have either been banned or requested their account to be closed.

Topic author
Greg1995

Post by Greg1995 »

Ernst being asked in summer during Elvis Week did he aquire recording said that the minute it hits Youtube it became public domain, so it cannot be aquired aka has no commercial use for release cause everybody has it for free.

MysteryTrain

Post by MysteryTrain »

Quite correct, Greg. Ernst did not confirm (at least not during his presentation at Elvis Week) that he had acquired the wire. He did comment, as you stated, about the song being public domain, so your post here is news. Again, thanks.

MT

mysterytrainrideson
Banned
Banned

Post by mysterytrainrideson »

All we need now is live versions of "Milkcow Blues Boogie", "Mystery Train" and the "Pied Piper Of Cleveland" then we can all die in peace.

This user is no longer a member. They have either been banned or requested their account to be closed.

KevinK
Registered for: 20 years 9 months

Post by KevinK »

Greg1995 wrote:Ernst being asked in summer during Elvis Week did he aquire recording said that the minute it hits Youtube it became public domain, so it cannot be aquired aka has no commercial use for release cause everybody has it for free.
Everyone has it for free, but only as a substandard recording off of the internet. Background noise, and the noise of the wire recorder etc.. I'd love to get a proper transfer on CD, and I know I'm not alone in that - so that makes it at least a little bit useful commercially :)

sweetangeline
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

Post by sweetangeline »

according to some we already have a proper transfer (mrs??) NOT...

Topic author
Greg1995

Post by Greg1995 »

MysteryTrain wrote:Quite correct, Greg. Ernst did not confirm (at least not during his presentation at Elvis Week) that he had acquired the wire. He did comment, as you stated, about the song being public domain, so your post here is news. Again, thanks.

MT
Thank you for your nice reply.
KevinK wrote:
Greg1995 wrote:Ernst being asked in summer during Elvis Week did he aquire recording said that the minute it hits Youtube it became public domain, so it cannot be aquired aka has no commercial use for release cause everybody has it for free.
Everyone has it for free, but only as a substandard recording off of the internet. Background noise, and the noise of the wire recorder etc.. I'd love to get a proper transfer on CD, and I know I'm not alone in that - so that makes it at least a little bit useful commercially :)
Count me in! :)
mysterytrainrideson wrote:All we need now is live versions of "Milkcow Blues Boogie", "Mystery Train" and the "Pied Piper Of Cleveland" then we can all die in peace.
Yes, but don't forget May 1955 8mm footage of Elvis swimming in the pool (courtesy of Sherif Hanna), Rock Around the Clock, Tiger Man, 3rd acetate, Lovey Dovey and 16mm footage from Meridian 1955... but hey, its only SUN era! :)

Johnny2523

Post by Johnny2523 »

Greg1995 wrote:
MysteryTrain wrote:Quite correct, Greg. Ernst did not confirm (at least not during his presentation at Elvis Week) that he had acquired the wire. He did comment, as you stated, about the song being public domain, so your post here is news. Again, thanks.

MT
Thank you for your nice reply.
KevinK wrote:
Count me in! :)
mysterytrainrideson wrote:All we need now is live versions of "Milkcow Blues Boogie", "Mystery Train" and the "Pied Piper Of Cleveland" then we can all die in peace.
Yes, but don't forget May 1955 8mm footage of Elvis swimming in the pool (courtesy of Sherif Hanna), Rock Around the Clock, Tiger Man, 3rd acetate, Lovey Dovey and 16mm footage from Meridian 1955... but hey, its only SUN era! :)
that song is somewhere, Ernst heard a really bad re-recording of the acetate (someone recorded it on a cassette while the acetate was being played, and the sound is so bad u wouldnt even tell if its elvis singing, u cant hear him

if you'll try a little kindness and you'll overlook the blindness
Of the narrow minded people on the narrow minded streets

Topic author
Greg1995

Post by Greg1995 »

I know that there is an acetate with "Rock Around the Clock" and also "That's All Right" out there. But the friend of Ernst told me that he kind of forgot to track down the original owner of the acetate, because he thought that the very poor cassette recording was the only one. IMO Ernst should be asked this.

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

It is awesome to learn Ernst has the wire recording, the absolute best route for it to come out properly mastered.

ritchie valens
Banned for Political Trolling
Banned for Political Trolling
Registered for: 19 years

Post by ritchie valens »

mrs used the you tube recording that we all have not from the original wire quit lying mrs.

MysteryTrain

Post by MysteryTrain »

MRS altered the recording by over dubbing Bill Black's bass from the original SUN recording. It is refreshing to know that eventually we'll get the original recording from the wire, hopefully expertly transferred by Sony.

MT

skatterbrane

Post by skatterbrane »

Yes, maybe they will make Boy From Tupelo available without the book and add this track as well.

sweetangeline
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

Post by sweetangeline »

MysteryTrain wrote:MRS altered the recording by over dubbing Bill Black's bass from the original SUN recording.
ritchie valens wrote:mrs used the you tube recording that we all have not from the original wire quit lying mrs.
so very true :D

Rich_TCB

Post by Rich_TCB »

This is great news. Thanks for the info, Greg.

Can't wait to hear it.

ImageImageImage