Post here your Elvis' pictures

new Elvis pic (to my eyes)

Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:57 pm

Hi Guys,

Found a new Elvis pic. Thought i share it with you.

Found on tumblr credits to them
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Wibi08 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: new Elvis pic (to my eyes)

Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:58 pm

A new one for me too, thanks for posting ::rocks

Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:02 am

New one to my eyes Ty Wibi 08 - Love It -
heres one thats new to me too enjoy all
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:11 am

Weird one -- it's from 1967, but not Elvis' wedding or reception in Vegas, or reception in Memphis.

Looks to be around June, and some kind of party ... anyone know more?

It is also reversed. Here's the correct view:

670000_w Priscilla.jpg

Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:43 pm

I think these are from the same evening. I thought ther might be ealrier than 1967

Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:01 pm

New to me too. Thanks for sharing.

Elvis seems to be having fun but can't say the same for Pris.

Doc, Thanks for correcting image.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:48 pm

Wibi08 wrote:I think these are from the same evening. I thought ther might be ealrier than 1967

The first two do not appear to be the same night, unless Priscilla changed her outfit and hairstyle. The third is still in reverse-image view, which I already corrected for you.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:49 pm

EPA4368 wrote:New to me too. Thanks for sharing.

Elvis seems to be having fun but can't say the same for Pris.

Doc, Thanks for correcting image.

Thanks!

Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:31 am

New for me too. Elvis looks very "SPEEDWAY" in this photo. So definately late '67 sometime.

I wonder who gave Priscilla that thing that's on her head? She seems obligated to wear it alot. Gift from Elvis? The two other photos seem like they are from a earlier time. Like before they were married. I can't get away from that being a weird piece of jewelry - in fashion for the times I guess. I was born in the sixties, so I don't know.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:31 am

He wore that kind of tie on the Frank Sinatra show: the little schoolgirl cross-tie. I wonder if it was the same one. I didn't think guys wore those into the sixties. Anyone know the history of that type of necktie for men? (He also mixed Navy with black! :o :D )

rjm

Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:09 pm

rjm wrote:He wore that kind of tie on the Frank Sinatra show: the little schoolgirl cross-tie. I wonder if it was the same one. I didn't think guys wore those into the sixties. Anyone know the history of that type of necktie for men? (He also mixed Navy with black! :o :D )

rjm

You meaning his hair and tie , because his jacket is blue.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:05 am

rjm wrote:He wore that kind of tie on the Frank Sinatra show: the little schoolgirl cross-tie. I wonder if it was the same one. I didn't think guys wore those into the sixties. Anyone know the history of that type of necktie for men? (He also mixed Navy with black! :o :D )

rjm

How many times did Elvis appear on the Frank Sinatra show?
The tie looks very similar on both pictures.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:47 am

Wibi08 wrote:

rjm

How many times did Elvis appear on the Frank Sinatra show?
The tie looks very similar on both pictures.

Elvis appeared on Frank Sinatra Show Only Once .
The taping of the show took place on On March 26, at 6.15pm,
-taping for the show took place at the Fontainebleau Hotel-Miami -

Show was aired on May 12th 1960 between 09.30-10.30 pm

This was Elvis first appearance on Tv in over 3 years and his fist serious appearance since '57.

Viewing figures for the show were high, with a 41.5% Trendex rating,
approximately 67.7% of the overall television audience.
::rocks :smt006 :smt007 8)

Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:39 am

KatluvsElvis wrote:New for me too. Elvis looks very "SPEEDWAY" in this photo. So definately late '67 sometime.

No -- "Speedway" was filmed in the summer of 1967, later in the year Elvis was thinner, as seen in "Stay Away, Joe."