Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Why Only One Child?

Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:33 pm

Matt Ashton wrote:Why didn't Elvis have a child with Linda, he was with her for 5 years? Did Elvis not believe in having children before marriage?

It's surprise me that you don't know why Elvis and Linda didn't have children together.

Linda has gave the reason in numerous interviews.

She said hypothectically she didn't want Elvis to go out on the road by himself after they were married and had a child like he did with Priscilla.

She said she didn't want to leave their child with a nurse while they both went out on the road.

2. it also involved Elvis' drug abuse.

Linda has always sounded like she wanted to get married and have children more than Elvis did.

Blue River is right Elvis and Linda wouldn't purposely have a child before they were married.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:40 pm

Blue River wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:And Blueriver, you comment that Elvis did not believe in sex before marriage...really? He didn't have sex with anyone other than his wife during his marriage or after?

I commented/wrote nothing of the sort. Go back and read what I did write and come back when you know what you're talking about... thank you.

rocknroller wrote:
Blue River wrote:They weren't married. Our culture was much different then (and for the better)

For the better! i don't think so back then you did not live together untill you got married thats why people ended up staying in loveless marriages ,you don't get to know someone untill you live with them day in & day out...

What are you rambling about? I was talking about why Elvis didn't have a baby with Linda Thompson!

Go back and read what I wrote and please try to focus on what this thread was originally about. Geeezz!

Fair enough i thought you were talking about cilla ! so you can dry your eyes now !!!

Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:50 pm

Blueriver, you quite clearly wrote that Elvis didn't believe in having children out of wedlock. While not the same thing as not having sex before marriage, when one looks at people's morals regarding the two they were more often than not linked. What's more, considering Elvis's "extra-curricular activities" when in Vegas, it would seem that he really didn't care too much about the aspect of having children out of wedlock. Although your comment does say "openly have children out of wedlock" and society was better for it - so does that mean that having children secretly out of wedlock was fine?

Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:04 pm

rocknroller wrote:
Blue River wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:And Blueriver, you comment that Elvis did not believe in sex before marriage...really? He didn't have sex with anyone other than his wife during his marriage or after?

I commented/wrote nothing of the sort. Go back and read what I did write and come back when you know what you're talking about... thank you.
rocknroller wrote:
Blue River wrote:They weren't married. Our culture was much different then (and for the better)

For the better! i don't think so back then you did not live together untill you got married thats why people ended up staying in loveless marriages ,you don't get to know someone untill you live with them day in & day out...

What are you rambling about? I was talking about why Elvis didn't have a baby with Linda Thompson!
Go back and read what I wrote and please try to focus on what this thread was originally about. Geeezz!

Fair enough i thought you were talking about cilla ! so you can dry your eyes now !!!

Yeah, glad to see you opened yours.

poormadpeter wrote:Blueriver, you quite clearly wrote that Elvis didn't believe in having children out of wedlock. While not the same thing as not having sex before marriage, when one looks at people's morals regarding the two they were more often than not linked. What's more, considering Elvis's "extra-curricular activities" when in Vegas, it would seem that he really didn't care too much about the aspect of having children out of wedlock. Although your comment does say "openly have children out of wedlock" and society was better for it - so does that mean that having children secretly out of wedlock was fine?

Don't even go there with me. Now move on.

Bye bye

Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:10 pm

poormadpeter wrote: What's more, considering Elvis's "extra-curricular activities" when in Vegas, it would seem that he really didn't care too much about the aspect of having children out of wedlock.

I don't think that's true.

There is a difference between having pre marital sex and deciding to have children outside of wedlock.

Elvis didn't want a bunch of illegitimate children running around because the money he'd have to pay and the scandal it would cause.

From the looks of it Elvis was pretty careful since not a single legitimate person has come forward claiming to be his.

Yes, there have been kooks and a bunch of liars claiming they were Elvis' children or women they got pregnant by him but they weren't.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:20 pm

Blue River wrote:
rocknroller wrote:
Blue River wrote:

rocknroller wrote:

Yeah, glad to see you opened yours.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:23 pm

brian wrote:
poormadpeter wrote: What's more, considering Elvis's "extra-curricular activities" when in Vegas, it would seem that he really didn't care too much about the aspect of having children out of wedlock.

I don't think that's true.
There is a difference between having pre marital sex and deciding to have children outside of wedlock.

brian, don't take poormadpeter seriously.
I've advised him in the past to go find a mirror and argue with himself. That's the best advice you could give him, too.

::rocks

Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:25 pm

brian wrote:From the looks of it Elvis was pretty careful...

From what I've read, Elvis had his own unique method of birth control. :lol:

Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:28 pm

elvisalisellers wrote:

t m i

Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:36 pm

elvisalisellers wrote:

Close his eyes and think of Blue River??? :smt003

Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:38 pm

poormadpeter wrote:
elvisalisellers wrote:

Close his eyes and think of Blue River??? :smt003

You're about as funny as cancer. Now go find a mirror to talk to.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:11 pm

Well, there is the argument that Elvis didn't really want to be married in the first place but that his hand was forced by Priscilla's father. So, no if it were me that was forced into that marriage I wouldn't really want anything to do with her either. Not only that but as said many times by the Mafia, why bring a sandwich to a smorgasbord!!! There were many women who were much more suited to Elvis and his lifestyle, Ann Margret for one. I think Elvis thought her more equal to him than Priscilla. I think Elvis felt that he married below himself and married someone he didn't really want to begin with and it obviously showed.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:33 pm

Tim C wrote:Well, there is the argument that Elvis didn't really want to be married in the first place but that his hand was forced by Priscilla's father. So, no if it were me that was forced into that marriage I wouldn't really want anything to do with her either. Not only that but as said many times by the Mafia, why bring a sandwich to a smorgasbord!!! There were many women who were much more suited to Elvis and his lifestyle, Ann Margret for one. I think Elvis thought her more equal to him than Priscilla. I think Elvis felt that he married below himself and married someone he didn't really want to begin with and it obviously showed.

Bollocks !!! elvis moved her in to graceland moulded her like some sort of geisha girl and tryed to make her in to the woman he wanted.he was a grown man no one should have forced him to marry anyone you make him sound an even bigger dickhead in this sorry saga.cilla was an impressionable 16 year old kid.i take it by your post you don't have any daughters ? i don't believe priscilla's father would do that but i guess you never know.cilla's dad should have went to graceland and kicked his sorry arse up and down the driveway ! thats what i would have done and any other father would do the same.no women deserves to be treated the way elvis treated cilla.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:37 pm

Tim C wrote: Well, there is the argument that Elvis didn't really want to be married in the first place but that his hand was forced by Priscilla's father.
So, no if it were me that was forced into that marriage I wouldn't really want anything to do with her either.

:facep: Where do some of you people get your ideas from?
No one was "forcing" him to have her at Graceland for a few years (to use as his girl-toy) prior to May 1, 1967.

Tim C wrote:I think Elvis felt that he married below himself and married someone he didn't really want to begin with and it obviously showed.

Oh yeah, that Presley family from Tupelo was a high-classed bunch. :roll:

Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:42 pm

Blue River wrote:
Tim C wrote: Well, there is the argument that Elvis didn't really want to be married in the first place but that his hand was forced by Priscilla's father.
So, no if it were me that was forced into that marriage I wouldn't really want anything to do with her either.

No one was "forcing" him to have her at Graceland for a few years (to use as his girl-toy) prior to May 1, 1967.

Tim C wrote:I think Elvis felt that he married below himself and married someone he didn't really want to begin with and it obviously showed.

Great post :smt023

Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:45 pm

"no women deserves to be treated the way elvis treated cilla".

You must be kidding, right? Cilla if she wanted could leave Elvis any time. He was not a hostage at Graceland. She was not an inocent victim. She only wanted two things: to be Mrs. Presley and keep that name the rest of her life (both targets completed)

Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:47 pm

It's seems very plausible that Elvis didn't want to get married to Priscilla.

It seems plausible that Elvis was reluctant to marry and then Priscilla's father might of threatented him.

We don't know Priscilla's father or want he might have done.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:05 pm

Brian you're absolutely right. Not only Cilla's father but I think the Colonel (in more power than ever after the 1967 50% percent new contract with Elvis, also after the March bathroom Elvis accident when he was filming Clambake) and Vernon's pressure also finally convinced Elvis to agree to be married.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:12 pm

jurasic1968 wrote:Brian you're absolutely right. Not only Cilla's father but I think the Colonel (in more power than ever after the 1967 50% percent new contract with Elvis, also after the March bathroom Elvis accident when he was filming Clambake) and Vernon's pressure also finally convinced Elvis to agree to be married.

So 32 year old elvis was forced against his will to get married ! WOW this is making elvis look better all the time :oops: it must have been hell for poor elvis :smt102

Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:18 pm

rocknroller wrote:
Blue River wrote:

No, no, no... don't you "great post" me, mr. rocknroller!

Now this is what I call a great post!! -
rocknroller wrote:Bollocks !!! elvis moved her in to graceland moulded her like some sort of geisha girl and tryed to make her in to the woman he wanted.he was a grown man no one should have forced him to marry anyone you make him sound an even bigger dickhead in this sorry saga.cilla was an impressionable 16 year old kid.i take it by your post you don't have any daughters ? i don't believe priscilla's father would do that but i guess you never know.cilla's dad should have went to graceland and kicked his sorry arse up and down the driveway ! thats what i would have done and any other father would do the same.no women deserves to be treated the way elvis treated cilla.

:smt023 Double thumbs up! :smt023

Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:34 pm

eligain wrote:
Matt Ashton wrote:Why didn't Elvis have more children? Do you think if Elvis had more children it would have made a difference to his marriage and his life?

Why didn't Elvis have a child with Linda, he was with her for 5 years? Did Elvis not believe in having children before marriage?

Wow! :roll:

Being a turd must come natural to you :wink:

brian wrote:It's surprise me that you don't know why Elvis and Linda didn't have children together.

To be honest I haven't read much about Linda other than what has been spoken about her on message boards, I had thought with the way things were that Elvis' lifestyle and medication was more of an issue than the moral implications. Most people tend to view Linda in a positive light and was a good thing In Elvis' life. Many believe had Elvis been with Linda that he would have survived August 16th.

They way it seems to have played was Linda left Elvis... So if they had stayed together wouldn't there have been a future child?

Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:50 pm

In RMM Marty Lacker said also Elvis was under pressure to get married.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:55 pm

And also Colonel Beaulieu could harm very badly Elvis's carrer acusing Elvis of abusing his daughter, right?

Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:04 am

Blue River wrote:
rocknroller wrote:
Blue River wrote:

No, no, no... don't you "great post" me, mr. rocknroller!

Now this is what I call a great post!! -
rocknroller wrote:Bollocks !!! elvis moved her in to graceland moulded her like some sort of geisha girl and tryed to make her in to the woman he wanted.he was a grown man no one should have forced him to marry anyone you make him sound an even bigger dickhead in this sorry saga.cilla was an impressionable 16 year old kid.i take it by your post you don't have any daughters ? i don't believe priscilla's father would do that but i guess you never know.cilla's dad should have went to graceland and kicked his sorry arse up and down the driveway ! thats what i would have done and any other father would do the same.no women deserves to be treated the way elvis treated cilla.

:smt023 Double thumbs up! :smt023

Cheers mate !!!

Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:13 am

jurasic1968 wrote:In RMM Marty Lacker said also Elvis was under pressure to get married.

"Under pressure" and "being forced" are two different things.

jurasic1968 wrote:And also Colonel Beaulieu could harm very badly Elvis's career acusing Elvis of abusing his daughter, right?

I don't think he would've accused Elvis of "abusing" his daughter... maybe "taking advantage of her" though.

Matt Ashton wrote:To be honest I haven't read much about Linda other than what has been spoken about her on message boards, I had thought with the way things were that Elvis' lifestyle and medication was more of an issue than the moral implications.

Probably both. Linda knew that Elvis had a prescription drug problem and she didn't want to have a baby at the time without being married.

Matt, I was a teenager in the 1970's. I clearly remember the times. Having a child out of wedlock was taboo and embarrassing for most people back then. And as a matter of fact, it shouldn't be anything to brag about here in 2013!

Matt Ashton wrote:So if they had stayed together wouldn't there have been a future child?

Maybe so, if they had gotten married. We're discussing the 1970's here. What part of this whole scenario are you not grasping, Matt?