Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: FTD's for 2013...

Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:08 pm

A reprint of Fashion for a King complete or on two or three volumes.

Re: FTD's for 2013...

Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:01 pm

dennyelvis wrote:What about the LEG PERF Series being reissued but expanded, or would these be LEGACY release ?

I'd love to see expanded issues for all 4 of the ELVIS - A Legendary Performer albums on Legacy Edition releases.

First set - Volumes 1 & 2
Second set - Volumes 3 & 4


flamingstar81 wrote:Granted, Elvis does struggle overall, especially in Omaha but their are a few good performances...

Exactly right... that's why there's no need for releasing the entire Omaha show. The "few good performances" of the Omaha show (June 19) were included on the original album.

The best scenario for an FTD or Legacy Edition release -
Disc 1 - Original album remastered.
Disc 2 - Complete Rapid City show (June 21, '77) remixed & remastered.

Re: FTD's for 2013...

Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:09 pm

Blue River wrote:The best scenario for an FTD or Legacy Edition release -
Disc 1 - Original album remastered.
Disc 2 - Complete Rapid City show (June 21, '77) remixed & remastered.

As poor as the mix is, I'd also add [for historical reasons] the overdubbed 1978 single version of Unchained Melody to disc 1.

Other than that I agree with your scenario, Blue River.

Would you want the Rapid City show remixed pre or post the posthumous overdubs?

Re: FTD's for 2013...

Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:00 pm

I would definitely buy a double disc of complete 1977 Omaha and Rapid City shows but would not purchase an FTD of the Elvis In Concert original release with 'highlights' of the Omaha show. Chopping up concerts can be irritating when the complete shows exist even if Elvis is not at his best (hence the collector label).

Re: FTD's for 2013...

Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:10 pm

lucio wrote:I would definitely buy a double disc of complete 1977 Omaha and Rapid City shows but would not purchase an FTD of the Elvis In Concert original release with 'highlights' of the Omaha show. Chopping up concerts can be irritating when the complete shows exist even if Elvis is not at his best (hence the collector label).

+1
These concerts should definitely be released, specially since much, much worse 1976 soundboards have been released on FTD in the past.

Re: FTD's for 2013...

Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:13 pm

I'm all for the release of the Rapid City show... but the Omaha show... putting lipstick on a pig comes to mind...

Re: FTD's for 2013...

Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:26 pm

elvisalisellers wrote:Would you want the Rapid City show remixed pre or post the posthumous overdubs?

Pre the posthumous overdubs would be my choice, but hopefully Ernst would know best since he has access to the tapes.

Re: FTD's for 2013...

Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:44 pm

would love kissin cousins or roustabout in 2013 but cant see it

Re: FTD's for 2013...

Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:44 pm

Yes, sans overdubbs for me please. In fact, I would go for the ALL of Felton's over dubbs be removed from history. Unchained Melody is MUCH better without the over dubbs as well.

Re: FTD's for 2013...

Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:51 pm

Are there any soundboards from the 1971 Lake Tahoe engagement? Or at least some really good audience recordings which could be released? I have read that those series of shows were really good by Elvis. Just trying to think of FTD possibilities.....

rlj

Re: FTD's for 2013...

Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:05 pm

rlj4ep wrote:Are there any soundboards from the 1971 Lake Tahoe engagement? Or at least some really good audience recordings which could be released? I have read that those series of shows were really good by Elvis. Just trying to think of FTD possibilities.....

rlj


There is a soundboard from July 1971 rumoured to be in the hands of private collector.

Re: FTD's for 2013...

Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:32 pm

elvisland wrote:would love kissin cousins or roustabout in 2013 but cant see it

Ya' never know. smt179

Re: FTD's for 2013...

Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:34 pm

If FTD does EIC, then please release both shows complete. Chopped up shows I can create myself.

Re: FTD's for 2013...

Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:38 pm

Christopher Brown wrote:If FTD does EIC, then please release both shows complete. Chopped up shows I can create myself.

Then for it to follow the Classic Album template, it would have to be a 3 disc set.

Can't see that happening for EIC on FTD.

Re: FTD's for 2013...

Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:10 am

I'm ready for an announcement! Im hoping for a July 75 soundboard... or better yet Tulsa 76!

JEFF d
EP fan

Re: FTD's for 2013...

Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:42 am

JEFF d wrote:I'm ready for an announcement! Im hoping for a July 75 soundboard... or better yet Tulsa 76!

JEFF d
EP fan


I agree, Jeff. Would love to hear the July 4, 1976 Tulsa concert in soundboard.

rlj

Re: FTD's for 2013...

Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:53 am

call the eic ftd for obsessed fans only.

Re: FTD's for 2013...

Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:03 am

ritchie valens wrote:call the eic ftd for obsessed fans only.

Not necessarily true. It's a legitimate piece of the puzzle to the 1953 ~ 1977 journey.

Re: FTD's for 2013...

Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:39 am

flamingstar81 wrote:
Steamstan wrote:Of course it will be nice (chepaer) to release it officially, but I think it will be very nice to have everything in one box, not only original album + 21.06.1977 or 19.06.1977 + 21.06.1977 as mentioned above


I too would be happy with such a release because both shows were recorded professionally. Granted, Elvis does struggle overall, especially in Omaha but their are a few good performances, and the Rapid City show is one of the best from 1977. IMO it would make a very nice FTD release.


No. It would make for a very bad FTD, if anything from Omaha was featured.

Re: FTD's for 2013...

Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:14 am

Robt wrote:No. It would make for a very bad FTD, if anything from Omaha was featured.

It'd make a stellar download, wouldn't you say?

Re: FTD's for 2013...

Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:13 am

:wtf: obviously all the FTD guy's are on 'holidays' no announcement yet at all!~ :|

Re: FTD's for 2013...

Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:38 am

Matthew wrote:
Robt wrote:No. It would make for a very bad FTD, if anything from Omaha was featured.

It'd make a stellar download, wouldn't you say?


:lol: I believe both shows are already on You Tube for possible downloading. What do you reckon, should anything from Omaha 19-6-77 be included on the FTD series ?

Re: FTD's for 2013...

Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:42 am

Robt wrote::lol: I believe both shows are already on You Tube for possible downloading. What do you reckon, should anything from Omaha 19-6-77 be included on the FTD series ?

It will by default, if and when Elvis In Concert receives the Classic Album treatment. Recordings are part of the original album.

Re: FTD's for 2013...

Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:35 pm

Why do people want the July 4 1976 tulsa one?? just to slander it afterwards?

2001 Theme / C. C. Rider / I Got A Woman - Amen / Love Me / If You Love Me / You Gave Me A Mountain / America The Beautiful / All Shook Up / Teddy Bear - Dont Be Cruel / And I Love You So / Jailhouse Rock / Fever / American Trilogy / Band introductions / Early Morning Rain ( featuring John Wilkinson ) / Whatd I Say ( featuring James Burton ) / Johnny B Goode ( featuring James Burton ) / Drum solo ( featuring Ronnie Tutt ) / Bass solo ( featuring Jerry Scheff ) / Piano solo ( featuring Tony Brown ) / Electric Piano solo ( featuring David Briggs ) / Love Letters / Hail! Hail! Rock N Roll / Hurt / Help Me / Hound Dog / Funny How Time Slips Away (+ reprise) / How Great Thou Art / Little Darlin / Cant Help Falling In Love

only american trilogy and Help me are kind of rareties. i say kind of because both where sung the month before to. i dont know why people get excited over that show?.
I rather would hear a July '75 (July 24 1975 please, which is recorded on soundboard) Or Atlanta December 30 1976.

Re: FTD's for 2013...

Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:41 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:Why do people want the July 4 1976 tulsa one?? just to slander it afterwards?



I can assure you, that I, for one, will not slander a July 4, 1976 release.

rlj