Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Why Only One Child?

Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:04 am

Why didn't Elvis have more children? Do you think if Elvis had more children it would have made a difference to his marriage and his life?

Why didn't Elvis have a child with Linda, he was with her for 5 years? Did Elvis not believe in having children before marriage?

Re: Why Only One Child?

Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:09 am

I don't think Elvis had that much of a sex drive in the 1970s - or at least from 1973 onwards. From what I've read, his lifestyle and drug habits certainly impaired this part of his life.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:36 am

One reason he and Priscilla had no more children is the thought of sex with her after she gave birth was almost repugnant to him. This was, in turn, hurtful and stressful for her.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:51 am

stevelecher wrote:One reason he and Priscilla had no more children is the thought of sex with her after she gave birth was almost repugnant to him. This was, in turn, hurtful and stressful for her.

Priscilla the years after she became a mum she looked gorgeous ! so much better than the way elvis had her look when they got married.so its unbelievable that elvis did not want to sleep with her :wtf: .i just never got this side of elvis ! at times the guy was just not right in the head.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:26 am

Matt Ashton wrote: Why didn't Elvis have a child with Linda, he was with her for 5 years?

You've gotta' be joking. :facep:
They weren't married. Our culture was much different then (and for the better).

Matt Ashton wrote: Did Elvis not believe in having children before marriage?

You guessed it.
Most people back then didn't want to openly have children out of wedlock. Too bad that our society isn't more like that now.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:59 am

rocknroller wrote:at times the guy was just not right in the head.

:smt003 ::rocks

Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:14 am

I just think it worked out that way.

one kid is enough.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:03 am

Matt Ashton wrote:Why didn't Elvis have more children? Do you think if Elvis had more children it would have made a difference to his marriage and his life?

Why didn't Elvis have a child with Linda, he was with her for 5 years? Did Elvis not believe in having children before marriage?

Wow! :roll:

Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:14 am

Yay Blue River! Good on you for keeping it real!

Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:22 am

rocknroller wrote:
stevelecher wrote:One reason he and Priscilla had no more children is the thought of sex with her after she gave birth was almost repugnant to him. This was, in turn, hurtful and stressful for her.

Priscilla the years after she became a mum she looked gorgeous ! so much better than the way elvis had her look when they got married.so its unbelievable that elvis did not want to sleep with her :wtf: .i just never got this side of elvis ! at times the guy was just not right in the head.

+1 :smt007 :smt007
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:22 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:
rocknroller wrote:

+1 :smt007 :smt007

:smt007 :smt007 :smt007 :smt023

Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:31 pm

Blue River wrote:They weren't married. Our culture was much different then (and for the better)

For the better ! i don't think so back then you did not live together untill you got married thats why people ended up staying in loveless marriages ,you don't get to know someone untill you live with them day in & day out.the modern way get a house together and if you are stll madley in love 8 years later(in my case) then get married.mind you elvis & priscilla did this but his infidelity and not wanting to f*ck his own very hot wife was the reason it did not work.so like i said so much of our guy is f*cked up !!!
Last edited by rocknroller on Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:32 pm

Well, not ... her after she gave birth is one thing.

But then she left him (for reasons I can fully understand) so the opportunity to have a second child was gone. :cry:

IIRC, Joyce Bova was pregnant with his child but she had an abortion. I have to read her book to fully understand why she did it.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:53 pm

"One bitten, twice shy"......... :wink:

Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:53 pm

luckyjackson1 wrote:Well, not ... her after she gave birth is one thing.

But then she left him (for reasons I can fully understand) so the opportunity to have a second child was gone. :cry:

IIRC, Joyce Bova was pregnant with his child but she had an abortion. I have to read her book to fully understand why she did it.

Never heard of that Joyce Bova was pregnant and had an abortion. Could you share more details from her book and why she had to do it please?

Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:35 pm

It's not true that Elvis never made love to Priscilla after Lisa was born. In her book she sad: "in april 1968 we finally made love after Lisa was born( 2 month after that) and it was not good. i began to doubt about my sex appeal". Maybe the last chance for she and Elvis to be a happy couple was in october 1971 when they stayed together in their new Monovale House in LA. But Cilla was already involved with Mike Stone so the story is not in black and white, is more balanced. She complained that in February 23 1972 Elvis forced her to making love (vey strange indeed for Elvis) and after that she left him for good. So we cannot blame Elvis for totaly neglecting his wife, she just didn't want to be with him anymore, that's all.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:18 pm

jurasic1968 wrote:It's not true that Elvis never made love to Priscilla after Lisa was born. In her book she sad: "in april 1968 we finally made love after Lisa was born( 2 month after that) and it was not good. i began to doubt about my sex appeal". Maybe the last chance for she and Elvis to be a happy couple was in october 1971 when they stayed together in their new Monovale House in LA. But Cilla was already involved with Mike Stone so the story is not in black and white, is more balanced. She complained that in February 23 1972 Elvis forced her to making love (vey strange indeed for Elvis) and after that she left him for good. So we cannot blame Elvis for totaly neglecting his wife, she just didn't want to be with him anymore, that's all.

As far as being a husband elvis was a total ass ! its not balanced elvis had plenty of time to be a good huband before mike stone.hell the woman just wanted to be loved elvis was so far up his own arse with drugs and being elvis presley,he did not give a sh*t about his music or wife anymore.i hate to say these things.when i was younger i thought elvis was perfect he was my idol,but as you get older you see that he made a lot of mistakes (we all do)if elvis was still alive and if you asked me 20 years ago would i want to meet my hero elvis presley i would have bit your hand off,if i was 40 ! 20 years ago and know what i know now and you asked me i would say no.i still love most of his music and the 1950s & early 60s elvis,but our hero changed in to a man i know i would not have liked as a person.just my opinion !!!

Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:38 pm

Elvis only had one child? I think that's unlikely.

And Blueriver, you comment that Elvis did not believe in sex before marriage...really? He didn't have sex with anyone other than his wife during his marriage or after?

Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:43 pm

1) You people do realize that Priscilla has told very different versions of her relationship with Elvis, I presume?
2) Here's another peachy example of the absurdly crushing criticism of Elvis that has found such fertile encouragement in the ground of FECC.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:59 pm

poormadpeter wrote:And Blueriver, you comment that Elvis did not believe in sex before marriage...really? He didn't have sex with anyone other than his wife during his marriage or after?

I commented/wrote nothing of the sort. Go back and read what I did write and come back when you know what you're talking about... thank you.

rocknroller wrote:
Blue River wrote:They weren't married. Our culture was much different then (and for the better)

For the better! i don't think so back then you did not live together untill you got married thats why people ended up staying in loveless marriages ,you don't get to know someone untill you live with them day in & day out...

What are you rambling about? I was talking about why Elvis didn't have a baby with Linda Thompson!

Go back and read what I wrote and please try to focus on what this thread was originally about. Geeezz!
Last edited by Blue River on Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:10 pm

Maybe Cilla believed that Elvis was really a "Love Machine"and the love making will be every night (like Susan Finstad wrote in her book "Child Bride" that Priscilla had a voracious apetite for sex including her school mates or Currie Grant who introduced her to Elvis in West Germany in 1959)

Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:21 pm

rocknroller wrote:

A little off topic but:

Is there any truth to the rumor that Elvis made her die her hair black?

Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:23 pm

ElvisTheKid wrote:
rocknroller wrote:

A little off topic but:

Is there any truth to the rumor that Elvis made her die her hair black?

I think Elvis liked that style at the time so he asked her to do it.

She did it for him.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:27 pm

jurasic1968 wrote:Maybe Cilla believed that Elvis was really a "Love Machine"and the love making will be every night (like Susan Finstad wrote in her book "Child Bride" that Priscilla had a voracious apetite for sex including her school mates or Currie Grant who introduced her to Elvis in West Germany in 1959)

so cilla had a voracious apetite for sex ! what a bitch she is ! poor elvis :shock:

Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:32 pm

Blue River wrote:
Matt Ashton wrote: Why didn't Elvis have a child with Linda, he was with her for 5 years?

You've gotta' be joking. :facep:
They weren't married. Our culture was much different then (and for the better).

Matt Ashton wrote: Did Elvis not believe in having children before marriage?

You guessed it.
Most people back then didn't want to openly have children out of wedlock. Too bad that our society isn't more like that now.

dannyboy1 wrote:Yay Blue River! Good on you for keeping it real!

Thank you, dannyboy1. I'm glad to see that you were able to stay focused on the topic (unlike a couple of others on here). :roll: