Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Country Hero In Vegas -- January, 1971 Shows - New Release

Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:29 am

Country Hero in Vegas

The VV label will release their second CD entitled "Country Hero in Vegas" featuring the unreleased Las Vegas performances on January 30th 1971, dinner show. After the success of the first release We decided: first to improve the product and second, keeping the same formula to give you more.…..
Here We present Elvis to the begin of the season .. no surprises in the tracklist with the exception of his latest single There Goes My Everything, but the show is extremely solid and good, the sound is good and powerful using a straight copy of the original source tape, We were able to keep Elvis' vocal power central to the mix whilst at the same time giving a new definition to the supporting musicians and singers.

Elvis' performance on these early season nights is superb as he is still performing to the best of his ability. Although he delivers short shows they are delivered in a very intense, crisp and fresh manner that cannot be denied. Elvis was on stage to have fun and demonstrated this during the older, classic numbers, but songs such as 'Polk Salad Annie', 'You've Lost That Loving Feeling' and 'Sweet Caroline' never sounded better. The season will be remembered for the introduction of the new opening composition 'Also Sprach Zarathustra' which although written by Richard Strauss in 1894 was more closely associated with the Stanley Kubrick film '2001 A Space Odyssey', a recent cinema release. As we now know this thunderous opening would be used until the final concert Elvis performed. The season will also be remembered for the beautiful new closing number ‘The Impossible Dream’ which Elvis sang with power and feeling giving us proof that Elvis continued to grow as a performer.

The LP 140 VINYL GRAM is a LIMITED HAND NUMBERED 500 COPIES. It comes with an three fold 300 gram high quality GLOSSY sleeve both sides printed, giving an unique view. The sleeve will be accompanied by relevant liner notes and with many photographs of the Elvis NOW suit from the season.

This vinyl will include a bonus CD and 7” vinyl EP. In the bonus CD you have the possibility to listen the complete concert + a selection of 16 songs (32 min.)soundboard recording, coming for the previous four days shows. From the opening night January 26 you can have the possibility to listen the evolution of Elvis’ performing during the begin of the season, we practically included all the songs no performed in the January 30 DS . In January RCA released what is without doubt the best Elvis album of the 1970’s, Elvis Country. In this season of Elvis performed three songs from the album. From here the EP idea in the matter to give the possibility to use the three songs performed to create a special Elvis Country EP. The EP comes with four songs and two fold sleeve both printed.

We hope you can enjoy this second product in the way to give life to more of his kind in next future.
LP January 30 DS unreleased live audience recording

Tracklisting :

Vinyl LP : 01.2001 Theme 02.That’s All Right 03.I Got Woman 04. Love Me Tender 05.There Goes My Everything 06.You Don’t Have To Say You Love Me 07.You’ve Lost Than Loving Feeling 08.Polk Salad Annie 09.Introduction
10.2001 Theme 11.Something 12.How Great Thou Art 13.Blue Suede Shoes 14.Little Sister/Get Back 15.Hound Dog 16.Suspicious Minds 17.The Impossible Dream 18.Closing Vamp

BONUS CD :
Jan.26 opening night* 01.2001 Theme,02.That’s All Right,03. Mystery Train Jan.27, Midnight Show * 04.Only Believe,05. How Great Thou Art 06.Make The world Go Away, Jan. 28 Dinner Show * 07.It’s Now Or Never, Jan, 28 Midnight Show * 08.I Got A Woman 09.You Don’t have To Say You Love Me 10.Sweet Caroline 11.Johnny B.Goode 12.One Night 13. The Wonder Of You 14. Heartbreak Hotel 15. Teddy Bear

Jan. 29 Dinner Show *
16.Snowbird Jan.30 Dinner Show unreleased complete show 17.2001 Theme 18.That’s All Right 19.I Got A Woman 20.Love Me Tender 21.There Goes My Everything 22.You Don’t have To Say You Love Me 23.You’ve Lost That Love Feeling 24.Polk Salad Annie 25.Introductions 26.2001 Theme 27.Something 28.How Great Thou Art 29.Blue Suede Shoes 30.Little Sister/Get Back 31.Hound Dog 32.Suspicious Minds 33.The Impossible Dream 34.Closing Vamp

BONUS EP
01A. Make The Wold Gone Away Jan.26 opening night* 02A. There Goes My Everything Jan 27 midnight show* 01B. Snowbird Jan. 29 Dinner Show * 02B. There Goes My Everything Jan.30 dinner show
*Tracks previously released soundboard recording

Re: Country Hero In Vegas -- January, 1971 Shows - New Relea

Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:02 am

Man, some of these titles just get worse and worse.

Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:43 am

So they played the «2001 Theme» twice that night?

Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:10 am

Did you catch the February 31, 1971 date in the picture?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:18 am

elvis-fan wrote:Did you catch the February 31, 1971 date in the picture?

February 31th ?!
February Thirty-Firth :lol:

Wow... so there were 3 extra days in February that year. :facep:

Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:06 am

another rubbish release to completely avoid!~ :?

Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:07 am

It's a pretty safe bet that this release has no new material from January '71. Skipppitttyy Dooo Da....Skipppitttty Dayyyyy....My Oh My What Crapppittttty Boooooot----Ayyyyyyyy. :roll:

Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:52 am

YDKM wrote:another rubbish release to completely avoid!~ :?

Coming from you, this must be real rubbish. Seriously, thanks for the input on all of these.

Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:55 am

stevelecher wrote:
YDKM wrote:another rubbish release to completely avoid!~ :?

Coming from you, this must be real rubbish. Seriously, thanks for the input on all of these.

The tracklisting speaks for itself. So sad the bootleggers have to resort to re-hash material. The bottom of the barrel has finally arrived folks. :?

Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:48 pm

Mister Mike wrote:So they played the «2001 Theme» twice that night?

Yes they did....Elvis is showing of his "new intro tune".

Aside from that, i think it's a pretty good show.(the 30th ds date-wich is unreleased on cd)
Although "Lovin' feeling" is cut short, something he did more this season.
"Something","How great thou art"(very sincere, hardly overblown) and "There goes my everything" are outstanding versions.
"Polk sallad" is cool...
A show i surely would wecome on pressed disc.

The sound on the cdr i have is decent,above average, so....

The bonus songs are known, but they are what they are to me: bonus songs.

PS. Why the negative comments about this release?
Last edited by JohanD on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:53 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:
23.You’ve Lost That Love Feeling

This and the February 31 date speak for a rushed release. Unnecessary flaws.

Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:10 pm

The show itself is very good with an appealing set list. We have some interesting songs like "There Goes My Everything" or an early live version of "Something". Elvis rehearses the newly added "2001 Theme" during the intros and the show closener is "The Impossible Dream". Elvis was in a good mood and fooled around with the audience. In the further progress of the season his mood changed and Elvis became more and more bored. Let's hope they didn`t just copy the CD-R floating around cause the sound is below average being too dull with much hiss. But I am afraid they did. Their debut "Stronger Than Pride" didn`t set the woods on fire.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:28 am

About that title 'Country Hero'. This is so misleading. Elvis wasn't a "country singer". His music has never been labeled as such. Yes he did sing some country, but he also did other genres throughout his shows and his career.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:55 pm

Quote; We hope you can enjoy this second product in the way to give life to more of his kind in next future.
:wtf:

Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:25 pm

Ciscoking wrote:The show itself is very good with an appealing set list. We have some interesting songs like "There Goes My Everything" or an early live version of "Something". Elvis rehearses the newly added "2001 Theme" during the intros and the show closener is "The Impossible Dream". Elvis was in a good mood and fooled around with the audience. In the further progress of the season his mood changed and Elvis became more and more bored. Let's hope they didn`t just copy the CD-R floating around cause the sound is below average being too dull with much hiss. But I am afraid they did. Their debut "Stronger Than Pride" didn`t set the woods on fire.

I'm confused: Elvis rehearses 2001 during the intros???

Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:32 pm

It's great for vinyl collectors like me. I like the sound better.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:41 pm

I have all that I need in the best quality possible from the January/February '71 engagement. No need to add this to my collection. This release is considered overkill & a waste of money, IMO.

Great quality releases already out there..........

Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:59 pm

Mike Eder wrote:It's great for vinyl collectors like me. I like the sound better.

+1

Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:26 pm

poormadpeter wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:The show itself is very good with an appealing set list. We have some interesting songs like "There Goes My Everything" or an early live version of "Something". Elvis rehearses the newly added "2001 Theme" during the intros and the show closener is "The Impossible Dream". Elvis was in a good mood and fooled around with the audience. In the further progress of the season his mood changed and Elvis became more and more bored. Let's hope they didn`t just copy the CD-R floating around cause the sound is below average being too dull with much hiss. But I am afraid they did. Their debut "Stronger Than Pride" didn`t set the woods on fire.

Yep,..they try the newly installed 2001 Theme..

Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:00 am

Mike Eder wrote:It's great for vinyl collectors like me. I like the sound better.

rob.jpg

Enjoy the wasting!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:07 am

Tony.. wrote:

rob.jpg

Enjoy the wasting!

Tony, you are a true inspiration to us all. I am nominating you as the EPMP poster of the year for your continued dedication and kindliness to the fellow fan.

::rocks

Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:26 am

Ciscoking wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:

Yep,..they try the newly installed 2001 Theme..

That's just bizarre.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:09 am

It happened more than once in that Vegas season..

Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:50 pm

I don't think they were actually rehearsing the 2001 theme. Elvis was proud of it and had it played again to show it off. This happened on a few occasions during this engagement as mentioned.

Tony, how's the weather?

Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:59 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:
Tony.. wrote:

rob.jpg

Enjoy the wasting!

Tony, you are a true inspiration to us all. I am nominating you as the EPMP poster of the year for your continued dedication and kindliness to the fellow fan.

::rocks

I second that motion.