Post here your Elvis' pictures

new 1956 at Audubon

Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:07 pm

Talking about a rare picture. Clarence Harwell (left), owner of a downtown Memphis filling station where singer Elvis Presley was involved in a fight Thursday, October 18, 1956, showed up at the rock and roll king's home the following Thursday (10/25/56) to apologize for the incident. Elvis was cleared in City Court of misconduct, but two station attendants with whom he tangled briefly drew fines for assault and battery. The King lived at 1034 Audubon Drive at the time.

The Commercial Appeal

Re: new 1956 at Audubon

Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:23 pm

Great Photo ::rocks

Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:42 am

Great photo indeed. Much better than the copy I had in my files. Thanks so much for posting it.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:04 am

Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:39 pm

Thanks again for the larger copy of the photo.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:40 pm

Welcom, Bripet :smt002

Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:00 pm

Here´s four more from the same date.

With Clarence Harwell:
561025-Audubon-01-bripet56.jpg

561025-Audubon-03-bripet56.jpg

With Nick Adams:
561025-Audubon-04-bripet56.jpg

With June Juanico:
561025-Audubon-05-bripet56.jpg

Both June and Nick went to Memphis as soon as they could after hearing about Elvis being taken to court.

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:35 pm

Thank you very much for the photo, Energy Catalyzer, very good quality.
Here's some information about June Juanico's visit: June arrived in Memphis on Octomber 20, and Nick Adams arrived on October 23. Thursday afternoon (Oct. 25) June Juanico flew back to Biloxi.

From “In The Twilight of Memory” by June Juanico: ”When we finally touched down at Memphis airport I was weak in the knees. Holding on to the handrail of the portable stairway, I scanned the faces of the small gathering below, searching for Elvis, but he was nowhere in sight. Following along with the rest of the passengers, we were almost to the terminal when I heard Mrs. Presley’s voice. ”June, Patsy, over here!" I looked around to see Mr. and Mrs. Presley, waving to get our attention. “We thought it best if Elvis stay out of the public for a while. There’s too many men out there wanting to start trouble and you know how Elvis can be sometimes. He's not one to back down," Lovie said, noticing my disappointment at seeing the empty pink Cadillac. Pat and I climbed in the back and Mrs. Presley sat quietly on the passengers side, waiting for Mr. Presley to make room in the trunk for all our luggage. Mrs. Presley had a worried look on her face, so I leaned up and put my hand on her shoulder. "Try not to worry, Lovie. Elvis can take care of himself," I said, sounding like my mother. She squeezed my hand and tumed to look at me. I could tell she was about to cry. "I know he can, June, but what happens if some crazy man decides to pull a gun or a knife on him?" She choked out the words, tears now running down her face. “Everything’s gonna be all right, Lovie, I promise! Everythings gonna be okay!" When Mr. Presley got in the car, he saw his wife trying to diy her eyes. “It’s okay, Mama, he’s gonna be just fine," he said, leaning over and parting her leg. "I guess ya’ll heard what happened." "Yes sir! We saw the black eye in the paper. That was the biggest black eye I’ve ever seen," Pat said, trying to lighten up the conversation. "Yeah, it was pretty big at that, wasn't it?" Mr. Presley chuckled. Mrs. Presley shook her head back and forth, giving me a look. She didn’t think it was funny at all. Not knowing what to say next, we rode in silence for quite a while."

A good story from June's book: “Having heard all about Lovie’s delicious fried chicken, Nick requested fried chicken for dinner one day. That night, in the dining room, Elvis pulled out a chair for his mother, flapped his arms, and whispered "cluck, cluck" in her ear. Everyone was in a good mood, and halfway through the meal, Nick started telling a joke. When he accidentally used the word f..k in front of Mr. and Mrs. Presley, Elvis leaned across the table and slapped him across the top of his head. "Nick, you‘d better shove some of those mashed potatoes in your mouth before I do!" Elvis warned. Even with the California suntan, we could see Nick’s face turning red. He lowered his head, eating all the mashed potatoes without coming up for air. He then apologized to everyone for the slip of the tongue. "May I have some more potatoes, Mrs. Presley?" "Why, Nick? Are you getting ready to say it again?" Lovie responded, putting Nick at ease and making everyone laugh.”

Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:47 am

thnx Hilton & Bripet, ::rocks

Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:39 pm

Energy Catalyzer wrote:thnx Hilton & Bripet, ::rocks

Very welcome :smt006

Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:46 am

Great pics. June Juanico sure looks pretty.

Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:05 pm

That's a beautiful pic. Thanks for posting!

Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:34 am

Cool...

Note the picture of who appears to be Barbara Hearn on the table next to the lamp.