Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Last Elvis Concert You Listened To Was?

Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:42 pm

Thank you very much.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:54 pm

Prince from another planet

Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:21 pm

Great tourshow
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:38 pm

There`s also an import CD.. :wink:

http://ciscoking.jordans-elvis-world.co ... etrock.htm

Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:54 pm

Ciscoking wrote:There`s also an import CD.. :wink:

http://ciscoking.jordans-elvis-world.co ... etrock.htm

The source for the Bootleg CD were mp3s. The sound is really bad and there are two second long breaks between the tracks what ruins it completely. A better source would be much appreciated as it was a really strong show!

Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:47 pm

Omaha, 1977 on DVD.

Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:23 pm

Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:35 pm

Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:11 pm

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:39 am

Last edited by Rob on Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:54 am

I'm listening to "Elvis- Christmas Lights On A Friday Night" right now. A special gift from a very special person. This cds are wonderful to listen to!! :D :smt006

Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:18 am

No complaints here.
Essential audience recording.

Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:55 pm

Boy, what an energy level!!

Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:14 pm

Hot August Night on the Madison Label :)

JEFF d
EP fan

Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:43 am

Rob wrote:Image

Wow! That's a beautiful Cover!! :smt006

Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:21 pm

I'm not sure where to start here. The sound is very good on this recording. If all audience recordings sounded this good, I would be satisfied. Very clear and every word Elvis speaks is easily understood.....unfortunately. This show is a preview of what was to happen the following night. He was already telling God to damn the necks that he was about to break. He is rambling a mile a minute and trying way too hard to over-sing many of the songs that were dramatic enough as is. This has to be one of the worst (if not the worst) versions of An American Trilogy that I have ever heard. The reprise of Bridge Over Troubled Water that some here have praised in another thread made me long for the Greensboro '72 version. He admitted to doing the reprise because he got lost the first time (he completely butchered it). Bridge Over Troubled Water may very well be my favorite song that Elvis ever performed on stage. However, on this night, I could have done without it. His constant rambling made me appreciate the 1972 Vegas shows even more. He talked of the rumors about him being "strung out." He fooled his audience into thinking that he would have never received a federal narcotics badge if he had ever been "strung out." He also told them that he would never have received his eighth-degree black belt if he had been "strung out." They just don't give such honors to people like that. He talked about everyone in his entourage that was studying the art of karate. Dave, Red, Sonny, Jerry, Ronnie, and talked about Ed Parker. He told of how John O'Grady was the ultimate "Super Fly." He also made the claim that Batman and Robin were Mickey Mouse compared to O'Grady. I'm not convinced there, because I've seen Batman kick too many asses.

Man, I love Elvis as much as anyone here. I just wish he would have slowed things down and concentrated on giving his paying audience a more professional show. There were some good moments. He performed It's Midnight, It's Now Or Never and Softly As I Leave You very well. He received a tremendous ovation for the job that he and Sherrill did on the latter.

I am glad that this is in my collection because I want all of the shows that I can get. I will revisit it someday. However, it is nowhere near the level of professionalism as the 1972 Vegas show just released by FTD. If you do collect audience recordings as I do, this one is definitely not for everyone.

But, hey -- the sound is great!

Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:14 pm

Another Saturday Night by FTD. A fun show to listen to. I really like this release.

rlj

Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:18 pm

August 22, 1969, Dinner Show ("Elvis In Person" - FTD). Wonderful!

Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:24 pm

Opening in Tempe march 23 1977, man you gotta dig that version of how great thou art :smt007

Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:31 pm

Robert wrote:Image

No complaints here.
Essential audience recording.

8) Yes listened twice to it fantastic 'audience atmosphere' as the King REALLY Delivers and a sound that you CAN actually hear the show!~

oh and Rob i 100% agree with your superb posting about the 'wild tiger #2' the 1/9/74 M/S...... for years i had a great sounding but 'edited' tape of this show and liked his singing.I still like his singing-even on 'Bridge' but agree An American Trilogy is not a good version at all. Still considering the next day this is STILL a great Bootleg well worth buying!~ 8)

Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:02 pm

August 19th 1974 - Opening show

A brilliant concert, with a great set-list, one of my all-time favourite shows.

Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:10 pm

Been listening to the new PFAP MSG set so I can comment on it without sounding like I have no idea what I'm talking about. :facep:

Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:12 pm

JohanD wrote:Great tourshow

From Row 3, it most certainly was that indeed!

Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:32 am

Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:59 am

I watched 1956 Tupelos Own this afternoon.