Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Aloha "Enhanced" Concert 2013

Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:33 pm

Robert wrote:Great closing comment from that news reader, loved that!

YES!! I agree. Surprised more folks here didn't mention that. Cool that the guy was there 40 years ago...

Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:34 pm

TJ wrote:I seldom watch Aloha, so I doubt I'd even be aware of a new angle unless it showed something particularly interesting.

It's like riding a bike. You never forget.

Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:33 pm

Matthew wrote:
a mess of polk salad wrote:In addition to fabulous hi-def pic and improved sound – that's a winner!!

HD is not possible from Aloha's SD video elements.

It was just shown in hi- def...enhanced screening!

Yes?

Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:47 pm

The source they used of the Aloha footage at the last Elvis The Concert was far superior to any DVD version released so far, it was stunning even blown up to that scale !

Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:54 pm

Dan_T wrote:The source they used of the Aloha footage at the last Elvis The Concert was far superior to any DVD version released so far, it was stunning even blown up to that scale !

Better than DVD release...there's the proof!!!

Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:51 pm

Jonathan Blake wrote:"I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbsaNjxcmq8

"C.C. Rider":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=762_5ZDR7HU

Sounds like the audio has been lifted from the "deluxe" editon dvd; i.e., with the backing vocals sounding like they were recorded in the underground.

With the Stamps, this can be a good thing at times.

Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:50 am

I love seeing different camera angles, and I'll tell you why. There are certain shots of Elvis that will forever be engrained into my memory banks--one during "Steamroller Blues" in Aloha, especially. He looks so damned cool, from around the front row, after he sings "I'm bound to roll all over you." You even see his reflection with the classic Elvis stance. I remember to this day thinking how freakin' cool he looked the first time I saw that.

So.....to suggest that different camera angles mean nothing is bogus, in my mind.

Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:55 am

I would love to see a 'new' 40th anniversary edition of Aloha with different camera angles. It was an excellent professional show and I think it's worthy of a significant re-release on DVD or blu-ray because of the anniversary.

Also looking forward to the legacy release in march, especially the new remix of the rehearsal show, should be great!

Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:42 am

The 50th anniversary is only 10 years away!!!!

Burning Love

Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:46 am

Hey guys! You have to see it! This is from end credits. I wonder why the second angle is not included in the DVD?
phpBB [video]