Post here your Elvis' pictures

Help with Dating a 1977 Backstage Candid

Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:01 am

Any help would be appreciated with date/location of this photo.
I have been told Philadelphia May 1977 but not certain.
Thanks in advance
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Help with Dating a 1977 Backstage Candid

Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:13 am

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... start.html

L to R - Al Strada, Ed Parker, Elvis, Billy Smith, Dick Grob and Concert West promoter Tom Hulett. Dr. Nick can be seen in the background wearing a dark shirt and checkered pants. Photo taken on June 17, 1977 in Springfield, MO as Elvis emerged from behind the curtain to take the stage at the Hammons Student Centre on the opening night of what turned out to be his final tour

Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:25 am

Thank You Paul

Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:45 pm

Those guys really had their work cut out for themselves at this point. Sad photo to me.

JosephC

Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:57 pm

JosephC wrote:Those guys really had their work cut out for themselves at this point. Sad photo to me.

JosephC

Just look at all these serious faces...... :?

Ed

Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:19 pm

Looks like an inmate being led to the chair.

Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:09 am

elvisjock wrote:Looks like an inmate being led to the chair.

:shock:

Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:52 pm

ed40 wrote:Just look at all these serious faces.

They were working. Earlier, as I made my morning rounds on the production floor, everyone had a serious face.

It was the damnedest thing.

Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:34 pm

Are you implying, Rob, that some of us are reading into things too much, based on our understanding of what was happening at the time, and what would happen later in the summer?

The photo reminds me of one of those movies where the grim-faced guards are leading the grim-faced condemened to the chamber. :shock:

Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:39 pm

Nope.

I am implying that they were working and at the split second these photos were taken everyone was down to business. There were still smiles in 1977. I have seen them. Just because no one was smiling here doesn't imply anything other than they were busy.

By the way, I just came back up from my production floor and I saw a couple of people laughing as opposed to what I saw earlier.

It happens.

Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:54 pm

Trying to give you a run in the sarcasm department. Not sure it's working.

Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:01 pm

Although you might want to brush up on your sarcasm techniques, it worked. However, it was good enough to fool others, hence my response.