Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Aloha "Enhanced" Concert 2013

Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:49 pm

Justin wrote:Didn't the Deluxe Aloha DVD set already contain a newly edited show? I thought they presented the original broadcast on one disc and then the re-edited full concerts on another? Here they have re-edited the concert a second time and we're demanding for this to be re-re-released on DVD? Just because of camera angles? By this logic, we would want them to re-release this concert every ten years just so we can see a re-edit of the footage. There would be endless versions of this concert just for the sake of different angles of the same performances. Seems kind of silly.

or they could just release 6 diffrentxamera angles unedited on a 6 dvd set :D

Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:49 pm

Justin wrote:Didn't the Deluxe Aloha DVD set already contain a newly edited show? I thought they presented the original broadcast on one disc and then the re-edited full concerts on another? Here they have re-edited the concert a second time and we're demanding for this to be re-re-released on DVD? Just because of camera angles? By this logic, we would want them to re-release this concert every ten years just so we can see a re-edit of the footage. There would be endless versions of this concert just for the sake of different angles of the same performances. Seems kind of silly.

or they could just release 6 diffrentxamera angles unedited on a 6 dvd set :D

Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:39 pm

Justin wrote:
Didn't the Deluxe Aloha DVD set already contain a newly edited show? I thought they presented the original broadcast on one disc and then the re-edited full concerts on another?

Yes.

Here they have re-edited the concert a second time and we're demanding for this to be re-re-released on DVD?

Yes.

Just because of camera angles?

Yes. While watching the 2004 edit the other day, there we're times when Elvis would do something (move, adjust his belt, etc.) but you really couldn't see it because of the camera angle chosen. There are lots of things we miss and don't actually get to see because of the camera angle. Which means there are lots of things we would see if the correct camera angle we're used.

By this logic, we would want them to re-release this concert every ten years just so we can see a re-edit of the footage. There would be endless versions of this concert just for the sake of different angles of the same performances. Seems kind of silly.

O.K. Why is that a bad thing? I can think of numerous releases, albums, Cd's, etc. that we've bought over and over and over again. The beauty is that if you don't want to buy it then you don't have to.

EPE - bring on a newly edited Aloha From Hawii DVD!!

RKS

Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:00 am

RKSNASHVILLE wrote:there we're times when Elvis would do something (move, adjust his belt, etc.) but you really couldn't see it because of the camera angle chosen.

Elvis adjusting his belt. Yeah I guess that seems worth it. :|

Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:12 am

RKSNASHVILLE wrote:Yes. While watching the 2004 edit the other day, there we're times when Elvis would do something (move, adjust his belt, etc.) but you really couldn't see it because of the camera angle chosen. There are lots of things we miss and don't actually get to see because of the camera angle. Which means there are lots of things we would see if the correct camera angle we're used.

I can recall that small head and shoulders shot that is rooted to the bottom of the screen [during Burning Love], looking incredibly amateurish.

Not sure anything can beat the jaw-droppingly poor edit [illustrating a jumpsuit change!] at the end of Suspicious Minds [TTWII-SE], though.

Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:13 am

if EPE can make more profit off Aloha, then it will be done!! It`s really that simple. Amazes me that some people in 2013 STILL don`t get that, now whether you buy it or not that`s your choice.

Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:15 am

You gotta have the belt in the right place.

Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:06 am

"For those who usually can't see this back there...this is an owl."

Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:24 am

Johnny2523 wrote:we need this on dvd!!. it looks way awesome.. Now fans really know theres more quality footage they have, And they need to release this to the fans.

Yes We Do - Need New DVD VERSION To Accompany New CD Release - ''BRING IT ON ''

BMG Sony / Ernst pl. take note
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:31 am

I'm happy with my 2004 Deluxe set, don't need other angles.
Maybe just the Japanese broadcast for curiosity and that's all.

Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:41 am

JimmyCool wrote:
I'm happy with my 2004 Deluxe set, don't need other angles.

.................................................................................................................
Great Jimmy - I too own 2004 version of deluxe edition

Last edited by karlos on Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:17 am, edited 4 times in total.

Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:42 am

JimmyCool wrote:I'm happy with my 2004 Deluxe set, don't need other angles.

I doubt the Japanese broadcast is any better quality wise, or else it would've been out there by now.

Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:50 am

Justin wrote:
Elvis adjusting his belt. Yeah I guess that seems worth it.

Dude - that's just one example of many. Just about every song has a part that I wish I could've seen at a different angle.

Just because you don't want an "updated" version doesn't mean others don't.

Again - if released - don't buy it! It's pretty simple.

RKS

Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:18 am

RKSNASHVILLE wrote:Just because you don't want an "updated" version doesn't mean others don't.

Again - if released - don't buy it! It's pretty simple.

RKS

So true.

When talking about an Aloha Blu ray release we get the same
complaints. It can't look better than the DVD release so why
re-release it? Maybe some are assuming that they did the best
job possible on the video transfer. That, I doubt. Even if that
were the case, the audio possibilities on blu ray disc would be
reason enough alone to buy the disc (again).

Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:35 am

iplayastrat wrote:
When talking about an Aloha Blu ray release we get the same
complaints. It can't look better than the DVD release so why
re-release it? Maybe some are assuming that they did the best
job possible on the video transfer. That, I doubt. Even if that
were the case, the audio possibilities on blu ray disc would be
reason enough alone to buy the disc (again).

Just as music audio technology has changed alot in the last 10 years - so has video technology changed.

There is alot that can be done to the Aloha show(s) to improve the quality since the 2004 release.

RKS

Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:38 am

karlos wrote:

Yes We Do - Need New DVD VERSION To Accompany New CD Release - ''BRING IT ON ''

:smt023

RKS

Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:54 am

I totally agree. It's not like there is anything wrong with the 2004 edition. We already have two edits! Quite how many angles people need of Elvis mumbling through Something I'm not quite sure, but then I have never seen the need for owning every take of every song either. At what point does it become obsessive?

Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:57 am

If EPE were to release a new Aloha set with different angles every year (well until they ran out of angles of course :)) I'd gladly buy it each and every time. CD's are re-released all the time with 'enhanced sound'. Nobody complains about that either.
And indeed if you don't want it need it or love it, don't buy it!

Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:59 am

poormadpeter wrote:

I totally agree. It's not like there is anything wrong with the 2004 edition. We already have two edits! Quite how many angles people need of Elvis mumbling through Something I'm not quite sure, but then I have never seen the need for owning every take of every song either. At what point does it become obsessive?

It's not like Elvis can do a new TV special Peter, EPE and others have to work with the means they have. And when it becomes obsessive? I'm pretty sure the general public thinks us all obsessive, talking about, listening to and watching a man who died over 35 years ago.

Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:20 am

Simon1 wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:

It's not like Elvis can do a new TV special Peter, EPE and others have to work with the means they have. And when it becomes obsessive? I'm pretty sure the general public thinks us all obsessive, talking about, listening to and watching a man who died over 35 years ago.

No, he can't. But that doesn't mean a different angle is going to provide any more enjoyment from a concert than the first one. Enhanced sound is one thing - it becomes clearer, fuller, whatever. Different camera angles is actually changing the original completely. People moaned about the fiddling of EOT when the beginning was changed, and yet the same people want Aloha to be altered. Or is it OK to change the director's work because we want it changed this time? Conscious decisions were made as to what camera angles were shown at what points, and decisions were again made for the USA showing a few months later. Aloha ceases to become that TV show when you change it, in the same way people say that EOT isn't EOT now that's been changed. What's more, on one hand there's people moaning that they get sold the same thing over and over, and yet people want the same concert over and over - but this time it's different cos you get to see him adjust his belt (and no doubt other highlights)?

Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:55 am

poormadpeter wrote:
Simon1 wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:

No, he can't. But that doesn't mean a different angle is going to provide any more enjoyment from a concert than the first one. Enhanced sound is one thing - it becomes clearer, fuller, whatever. Different camera angles is actually changing the original completely. People moaned about the fiddling of EOT when the beginning was changed, and yet the same people want Aloha to be altered. Or is it OK to change the director's work because we want it changed this time? Conscious decisions were made as to what camera angles were shown at what points, and decisions were again made for the USA showing a few months later. Aloha ceases to become that TV show when you change it, in the same way people say that EOT isn't EOT now that's been changed. What's more, on one hand there's people moaning that they get sold the same thing over and over, and yet people want the same concert over and over - but this time it's different cos you get to see him adjust his belt (and no doubt other highlights)?

For me it would, it can keep it fresh, and those clips look fantastic !

phpBB [video]

Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:20 am

I seldom watch Aloha, so I doubt I'd even be aware of a new angle unless it showed something particularly interesting.

Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:32 am

The 2007 new version had poor sound mix as the backing vocals are almost missing and Elvis' vocals are way too up front from the band. A proper audio mix in 5.1 SS is needed and well deserved.

Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:12 pm

poormadpeter wrote:
It's not like there is anything wrong with the 2004 edition. We already have two edits!

Yes we have 2 edits but unfortunately they are both only in the 4:3 aspect ratio. The new enhanced version of Aloha shown at the concert in Hawaii was in the 16:9 widescreen ratio & this was achieved without any zooming and cropping- they did it simply by bolting on the new angles to either side of the main footage.

So the next version of Aloha will have to be a brand new widesecreen version. This means a wonderful new Aloha experience and without any loss of picture quality or information because it wan't just zoomed in to make it 16:9- it would be done by adding the new "boxes" with different angles on either side of the main footage.

Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:40 pm

JRtherealJR wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
It's not like there is anything wrong with the 2004 edition. We already have two edits!

Yes we have 2 edits but unfortunately they are both only in the 4:3 aspect ratio. The new enhanced version of Aloha shown at the concert in Hawaii was in the 16:9 widescreen ratio & this was achieved without any zooming and cropping- they did it simply by bolting on the new angles to either side of the main footage.

So the next version of Aloha will have to be a brand new widesecreen version. This means a wonderful new Aloha experience and without any loss of picture quality or information because it wan't just zoomed in to make it 16:9- it would be done by adding the new "boxes" with different angles on either side of the main footage.

Sounds like a damned viewing headache. Split-screen for the entire hour? Hmm.