Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Aloha "Enhanced" Concert 2013

Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:45 pm

HI Gang,
Just back from the FABULOUS Aloha 2013 "Enhanced screening".
What a night. Around 3,000 fans so there was a real buzz in the atmousphere - even if it was only a DVD replay and not Elvis In Concert.

It WAS BRILLIANT. The sound was LOUD and superb (5.1) and there were continuous multi screens of alternate camera angles.
Great to know there is much more footage still to play with.

Steamroller, Burning Love, My Way, What Now My Love, Fever, every song felt invigorated and new.
Every fan wanted a copy of this new presentation and it is a real shame it is not a part of the Legacy release. But it does let fans know that there is plenty more ALOHA footage available for future projects.
Even the "non" Elvis who had just come along for the ride said how impressed they were with the whole show and the applause for Elvis’ performances echoed throughout the Arena.
It was a SERIOUSLY impressive night with the sound pumping loud you really felt part of the whole experience. EPE put far more into this presentation that most people expected, it was a real winner.

Go here for more - I'm off to do some serious celebrating!!!
http://www.elvisinfonet.com

Cheers, Piers

Re: Aloha "Enhanced" Concert 2013

Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:25 pm

Sounds fabulous!!

Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:35 pm

Great stuff. Sounds wonderful.

Brian 8)

Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:02 pm

I wonder if there is footage of Ronnie Tutt starting the drums in "See See Rider".

Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:16 pm

Renan wrote:I wonder if there is footage of Ronnie Tutt starting the drums in "See See Rider".

I've always wondered that, myself, because you can see him start the drumroll after "Can't Help Falling In Love" on the 2004 2-DVD release.

Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:29 pm

sounds like a fun night

Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:51 pm

TV coverage of this Concert:

http://www.elvis.com/news/detail.aspx?id=6850

Brian

Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:01 pm

Good- glad it was impressive for you Piers!~ :D

Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:24 pm

Thanks Piers - I was wondering if anyone from here went to this event.

Also, I was watching the 2004 DVD version of Aloha and kept thinking - how I'd love to see this with all 'new' camera angles. Now that we know other angles are still out-there, maybe my wish will come true! I think It would give a whole new fresh feel to the show.

RKS

Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:17 pm

Tony Trout wrote:
Renan wrote:I wonder if there is footage of Ronnie Tutt starting the drums in "See See Rider".

I've always wondered that, myself, because you can see him start the drumroll after "Can't Help Falling In Love" on the 2004 2-DVD release.

No, its started with a compilation and then Elvis bursting on stage - no Ronnie build up I'm afraid.

Cheers
Piers

Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:33 pm

Follow this link and at the end you will see Elvis bursting into Burning Love filmed from the front! Jesus, this is great, like watching new footage. I hope EPE will put this out on DVD/Blu Ray. I will be the first in line to buy it. Great stuff!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Obw3O_l ... _embedded#!

Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:43 am

Great closing comment from that news reader, loved that!

Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:09 am

About 2years ago I saw Elvis the Concer at RadioCity. I couldn't believe that I would enjoy seeing it after watching the clips so many times. But I have to say that perhaps being with this community of Elvis lovers 30 years later made all the difference. Beyond cool to enjoy your shared passion with 3000 like minded people.

Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:39 am

fn2drive wrote:About 2years ago I saw Elvis the Concer at RadioCity. I couldn't believe that I would enjoy seeing it after watching the clips so many times. But I have to say that perhaps being with this community of Elvis lovers 30 years later made all the difference. Beyond cool to enjoy your shared passion with 3000 like minded people.

I was at that show too, as great as it was the show they put on in Memphis this August was 1000x better. Glad to see EPE getting better, when is this and the Memphis show gonna be for sale? I need it! :smt006

Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:00 am

PiersEIN wrote:HI Gang,
Just back from the FABULOUS Aloha 2013 "Enhanced screening".
What a night. Around 3,000 fans so there was a real buzz in the atmousphere - even if it was only a DVD replay and not Elvis In Concert.

It WAS BRILLIANT. The sound was LOUD and superb (5.1) and there were continuous multi screens of alternate camera angles.
Great to know there is much more footage still to play with.

Steamroller, Burning Love, My Way, What Now My Love, Fever, every song felt invigorated and new.
Every fan wanted a copy of this new presentation and it is a real shame it is not a part of the Legacy release. But it does let fans know that there is plenty more ALOHA footage available for future projects.
Even the "non" Elvis who had just come along for the ride said how impressed they were with the whole show and the applause for Elvis’ performances echoed throughout the Arena.
It was a SERIOUSLY impressive night with the sound pumping loud you really felt part of the whole experience. EPE put far more into this presentation that most people expected, it was a real winner.

Go here for more - I'm off to do some serious celebrating!!!
http://www.elvisinfonet.com

Cheers, Piers

A crowd of 3,000 attendees for a video replay of an event done 40 years ago is saying alot about Elvis' longevity and staying power in the entertainment business. Only 5,000 attended the actual show in 1973 due to the large sized production stage that closed off half of the arena's seating. Hopefully E.P.E. will give us an enhanced version for DVD this year.

Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:32 am

Here is "Love Me" from the 2013 screening:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBbzo7rf5-A

Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:23 am

Thanks for sharing Jonathan!

I never was a fan of the split screen but I do Love the new camera angles!

RKS

Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:53 am

RKSNASHVILLE wrote:I never was a fan of the split screen but I do Love the new camera angles!

RKS

Looks like from the videos posted on YouTube, that the split-screen has
turned Aloha in to a widescreen presentation. Hmmm, I wonder if that
has any implications for us? Like maybe the new Aloha Blu ray?

Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:06 am

Great stuff. Thanks for sharing!

Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:24 am

I've just found this one:

phpBB [video]

I wish I could have been there.

Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:16 am

RKSNASHVILLE wrote:Thanks for sharing Jonathan!
I never was a fan of the split screen but I do Love the new camera angles!
RKS

I AGREE
It also gave a new excitement to what was after all a fairly static concert.
Clever stuff and EPE instigated!
They can get it right sometimes!!! :D :D

Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:02 pm

Piers,

Do you know if there are plans to release a 40th anniversary edition of Aloha with new edits?

Thanks,
RKS

Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:47 pm

iplayastrat wrote:
RKSNASHVILLE wrote:I never was a fan of the split screen but I do Love the new camera angles!

RKS

Looks like from the videos posted on YouTube, that the split-screen has
turned Aloha in to a widescreen presentation. Hmmm, I wonder if that
has any implications for us? Like maybe the new Aloha Blu ray?

Interesting....

Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:20 pm

we need this on dvd!!. it looks way awesome.. Now fans really know theres more quality footage they have, And they need to release this to the fans.

Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:34 pm

Didn't the Deluxe Aloha DVD set already contain a newly edited show? I thought they presented the original broadcast on one disc and then the re-edited full concerts on another? Here they have re-edited the concert a second time and we're demanding for this to be re-re-released on DVD? Just because of camera angles? By this logic, we would want them to re-release this concert every ten years just so we can see a re-edit of the footage. There would be endless versions of this concert just for the sake of different angles of the same performances. Seems kind of silly.