Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: What's next in 2013?

Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:58 pm

It being a '68 anniversary year, those January sessions need to be confronted. They set the context for what was shortly to come. It can be done with sensitivity.

And every last scrap from the Special!! There must be something else. Something cool.

And music from after the Special!

Film outtakes??

rjm

Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:26 pm

Elvis Live in Hawaii - 1957 CD, or DVD?

No matter what others say keep dreamin' about new stuff. :arrow:

I think last years have shown surprises :shock: are always there, but they wouldnt be surprises if you could list them at the start of a year. :facep:

Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:54 pm

bajo wrote:What about the original Elvis' Christmas Album, including whatever snippets there are, including the gospel songs with outtakes and binaural versions. Could easily make up at least one single FTD?? :roll:

Yes... already discussed numerous times on other threads...
Most recent thread >> "Classic albums and FTD. The end is near?"

Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:06 am

I wish FTD or RCA would do an upgrade of the Elvis In Concert LP from 1977. That's a classic and was a top 5 Billboard album. Give it it's proper remixed treatment. Just do away with the stupid fan comments and add Unchained Melody. get rid of comments like "my daughter's 12 years old and doesn't know who the man is" and " we're honeymooners!" Really? :roll:

Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:54 am

nicolaas wrote:Elvis Live in Hawaii - 1957 CD, or DVD?
No matter what others say keep dreamin' about new stuff. :arrow:

I think last years have shown surprises :shock: are always there, but they wouldnt be surprises if you could list them at the start of a year. :facep:

What's this all about? Is this just a wish or a rumor in circulation?

Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:58 am

Elvis Aloha From Hawaii Blu ray (Widescreen)
Not necessarily 16:9 but...

Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:57 pm

iplayastrat wrote:Elvis Aloha From Hawaii Blu ray (Widescreen)
Not necessarily 16:9 but...

The source material isn't good enough to justify a blu-ray relase of it. The required 'high definition' simply isn't there and never was. Unless one wishes the same quality as the DVD release but on a blu ray disc...

Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:55 pm

I always thought it was so stupid to include that comment about the 12 year old girl not knowing who elvis presley is. isn't that a negative statement? WHY would you release it on record for lifetime posterity??

Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:34 pm

SuspiciousMind wrote:I wish FTD or RCA would do an upgrade of the Elvis In Concert LP from 1977. That's a classic and was a top 5 Billboard album. Give it it's proper remixed treatment. Just do away with the stupid fan comments and add Unchained Melody. get rid of comments like "my daughter's 12 years old and doesn't know who the man is" and " we're honeymooners!" Really? :roll:

If FTD does a 'classic' album release of EIC it's unlikely that they would do away with the fan comments. Why? For the same reason they didn't do away with the musical snippets between the songs on Elvis Country (as many fans suggested they should)--they're a part of the original album release.
Last edited by JerryNodak on Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:42 pm

thatsallright wrote:I always thought it was so stupid to include that comment about the 12 year old girl not knowing who elvis presley is.

Every time I hear that, I think a kid can't grow up without knowing who Elvis Presley is.

Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:57 pm

Rob wrote:
thatsallright wrote:I always thought it was so stupid to include that comment about the 12 year old girl not knowing who elvis presley is.

Every time I hear that, I think a kid can't grow up without knowing who Elvis Presley is.

...or was. True.

Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:41 am

But her grandma "Touched the gate and everything" :lol:

Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:52 am

daz cav wrote:But her grandma "Touched the gate and everything" :lol:

If Sony can get that soundbyte re-mixed and re-mastered, we'd all die happy. Screw the rest.

Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:50 am

The only FTD i'm really looking forward to now is, "From Elvis In Memphis". Once they have done this classic album, sadly, i won't be buying anymore FTD's. FTD have done the best of Elvis' classic albums in deluxe packages. "The Boy From Tupelo" set, which is the goldmine of all FTD's was the last GREAT release. I don't think FTD will do Elvis' second album because theres not enough outtakes from those songs to warrant the FTD treatment. I'm not interested in Elvis of the 70's. The vegas shows or any shows outside of Vegas, do not appeal to me. His 70's shows are all too predictable.

Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:25 am

Why is most on here have a huge obsession with eic?as as im concerned they won't its poor quality.you people who live and obsess over this get help.Ihope more surprizes are found we don't know anything about.

Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:30 am

mysterytrainrideson wrote:The only FTD i'm really looking forward to now is, "From Elvis In Memphis". Once they have done this classic album, sadly, i won't be buying anymore FTD's...
I don't think FTD will do Elvis' second album because theres not enough outtakes from those songs to warrant the FTD treatment.

But if they do release Elvis' second album on FTD with a few surprise bonus tracks, will you buy it?

Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:24 am

ritchie valens wrote:Why is most on here have a huge obsession with eic?as as im concerned they won't its poor quality.you people who live and obsess over this get help.Ihope more surprizes are found we don't know anything about.

It's actually a good live album that audio-wise, is a good representation of the last music of Elvis Presley ever to be recorded. Listening to EIC you would never know that he was sick and in the physical shape that he was in as his vocals were strong and powerful.

Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:26 am

Blue River wrote:
mysterytrainrideson wrote:The only FTD i'm really looking forward to now is, "From Elvis In Memphis". Once they have done this classic album, sadly, i won't be buying anymore FTD's...
I don't think FTD will do Elvis' second album because theres not enough outtakes from those songs to warrant the FTD treatment.

But if they do release Elvis' second album on FTD with a few surprise bonus tracks, will you buy it?

Only if Tony approves and allows us to.

Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:14 pm

Blue River wrote:

Yes, Blue River, i will buy it. Who knows, they may find something. Just have to wait and see...

Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:22 pm

ritchie valens wrote:Why is most on here have a huge obsession with eic?as as im concerned they won't its poor quality.you people who live and obsess over this get help.Ihope more surprizes are found we don't know anything about.

It always puzzles me too, ritchie valens, why people are so obsessed with "Elvis In Concert". Some people like mediocre performances for some reason :smt102

Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:31 pm

mysterytrainrideson wrote:

It always puzzles me too, ritchie valens, why people are so obsessed with "Elvis In Concert". Some people like mediocre performances for some reason :smt102

Now, you FECC lovers...now that i've commented on "Elvis In Concert" in a negative kind of way :lol: Watch this thread go another 10 pages long smt174 :facep: :facep: :lol:

Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:40 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:
daz cav wrote:But her grandma "Touched the gate and everything" :lol:

If Sony can get that soundbyte re-mixed and re-mastered, we'd all die happy. Screw the rest.

Oh Yes im all for it, we need it all!!