Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: NEW Straight Arrow: Hot Love In A Long, Cold Winter

Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:21 am

Rob wrote:
YDKM wrote:Not 1976....next .. because we want to save a better 1976 show for Rob later!

The only 1976 show that I would really look forward to would be from December 27th.

I'd even prefer Atlanta.
I'd even go that far to say that's one of my favourite shows, not only of 1976.. but beyond! :shock:

Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:23 am

I agree.

The December Atlanta show would be welcomed by this fan, too.

Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:35 am

YDKM wrote:Not 1976....next .. because we want to save a better 1976 show for Rob later!~ :wink: :lol:

the unreleased June 17 1977 performance?

Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:55 am

Look it all depends on SA getting a "GOOD" sounding tape of a show...... this happened recently with the June 9th 72' show...listenable compared to the muffle job available B4......anyhow i'm sure whatever comes along that is "GOOD SOUND" it will come out on SA.......but cannot ...if its not around/recorded in "GOOD SOUND QUALITY" :D

Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:34 pm

tbh looking forward to the st petersburg even thou im only missing the opening theme and 3 of the first songs , but i think touchdown release sounds better and the speed is correct. ive ordered SA release as i thought it would be better than touchdown but for once i might of made a mistake but i might just buy the other one aswell lol

Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:43 pm

SA have been awesome with the releases they have put out and tbh i have enjoyed some of Touchdown . A new un-released concert would be brilliant cause it looks like we might have to wait a little while for a new released concert from FTD. ( i dont no im just assuming due to them releasing 12th aug 72d/s last year).

Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:54 pm

XMASCARROL.... please let us know how you go and which has the best sound!~ :lol:

Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:12 pm

xmascarrol wrote:i think touchdown release sounds better and the speed is correct.

Straight Arrow is always the way to go for audience recordings. How can you go with a release that lists the city Elvis is playing in as Columbia, Florida?

Touchdown Productions proudly presents their next release which will contain the concert from February 18, 1977 in Columbia, Florida. It's represented in the best possible soundquality from a newer source than what was used on the old release "Release Me" from 1992. Up above it is possibly the best concert from the first tour in 1977 and without a doubt one of best concerts he gave in 1977!

What the hell?

Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:28 pm

Rob wrote:
xmascarrol wrote:i think touchdown release sounds better and the speed is correct.

Straight Arrow is always the way to go for audience recordings. How can you go with a release that lists the city Elvis is playing in as Columbia, Florida?

Touchdown Productions proudly presents their next release which will contain the concert from February 18, 1977 in Columbia, Florida. It's represented in the best possible soundquality from a newer source than what was used on the old release "Release Me" from 1992. Up above it is possibly the best concert from the first tour in 1977 and without a doubt one of best concerts he gave in 1977!

What the hell?

i guess they thought columbia was close to florida :shock: :smt003 :smt003

Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:31 pm

Rob wrote:

What the hell?

Who know's? At least they got it right on the cover. Have a closer look.

Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:56 pm

Rob wrote:

What the hell?

I guess its just childish to judge about this release because there are typos in their announcement. As you know for sure every label and also often sony or ftd made typos too....for example ftd even wrote the name presley wrong on the cover...so you think that ftd must be a bad release? That doesn´t affect the content i think :mrgreen:
SA made some typos too, just on the last chicago double cd the dated both shows with "sunday may 1" and "monday may 1" :smt002
That not really important for me, i prefer to get a show in it´s corrct speed and can easily live with some typos.
I have ordered both SA and Touchdown this time but i have to admit that the Touchdown seems to sound better after comparing the samples. But thats just samples, we´ll see how it sounds on cd. And i always like a nice booklet more than a digipak.

Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:00 pm

My post was made in jest. I really couldn't care less which release anyone goes for. Hang in there, little buckaroo, you'll eventually learn to read between the lines of my posts.

Maybe.

Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:21 pm

Rob wrote:My post was made in jest. I really couldn't care less which release anyone goes for. Hang in there, little buckaroo, you'll eventually learn to read between the lines of my posts.

Maybe.

Of course i kind of thought it was a joke. But there are some people out there which believe a cd can´t be good because of wrong words or something.
It is very unfortunate that often people care more for the package instead of the content. :facep:

Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:49 pm

I collect 99% of all releases upon their release date. There are typos on many of them, including official releases (Wild In The Country, anyone?). It is a shame that these are not proofread before release, but proofread or not, they usually end up in my collection. I collect for content, but it never hurts to have the information correct on the cover (and in advertisement). All it takes is a little time and attention to detail.

But that's just the way I am.

Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:25 pm

Rob wrote:I collect 99% of all releases upon their release date. There are typos on many of them, including official releases (Wild In The Country, anyone?). It is a shame that these are not proofread before release, but proofread or not, they usually end up in my collection. I collect for content, but it never hurts to have the information correct on the cover (and in advertisement). All it takes is a little time and attention to detail.

But that's just the way I am.

rob.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:52 am

This came out yesterday and is on its way to me now!~ :D

Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:24 am

YDKM wrote:XMASCARROL.... please let us know how you go and which has the best sound!~ :lol:

You're need to tell me as it looks like your get urs first YDKM . :lol: ive ordered both

Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:53 pm

xmascarrol wrote:
YDKM wrote:XMASCARROL.... please let us know how you go and which has the best sound!~ :lol:

You're need to tell me as it looks like your get urs first YDKM . :lol: ive ordered both

rob.jpg

Rob AND "Xmas". :smt003
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:30 pm

For your information, my hair is not that color, my teeth are not that big, I don't weigh near that, I don't carry a cigarette lighter on me and I would never wear clothes that look like that.

You don't know me as well as you think you do.

Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:18 am

:D Listened to this brand new release after it arrived to me on the Weekend. Decent pictures, art-work and notes- NO Booklet. Sound on BOTH SHOWS is extremely good 9/10 audience sound a real pleasure to listen too. Hearing both the 14th + 18th Feb shows nearly 35 years after they were recorded i soon realised that the 14th Feb show represented the first 'good' show on this tour. Elvis sings well, is clear and Blueberry Hill is THE highlight for me.... now i have listened to the opening show tracks in good sound that is good too.The 18th Feb is the longer show and also very good one-clear sound from a large venue. Another winner and nice double concert package from Straight Arrow.Made a great start to my listening week!~ :D

Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:19 am

YDKM wrote::D Listened to this brand new release after it arrived to me on the Weekend. Decent pictures, art-work and notes- NO Booklet. Sound on BOTH SHOWS is extremely good 9/10 audience sound a real pleasure to listen too. Hearing both the 14th + 18th Feb shows nearly 35 years after they were recorded i soon realised that the 14th Feb show represented the first 'good' show on this tour. Elvis sings well, is clear and Blueberry Hill is THE highlight for me.... now i have listened to the opening show tracks in good sound that is good too.The 18th Feb is the longer show and also very good one-clear sound from a large venue. Another winner and nice double concert package from Straight Arrow.Made a great start to my listening week!~ :D

Just ordered my copy. Can't wait! :mrgreen:

Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:36 am

Yes what i enjoyed about it so much was that these are 'good 1977 shows' and sound much more than a soundboard gives you the atmosphere, but because the recording is nice and clear you CAN hear Elvis well too. Their is much to be argued about great audience recordings being better than a 'dry' soundboard recording... that's why i am happy with my good audience recording of the Indy 26/6/77 show...FULL of the atmosphere but you CAN fully hear Elvis sing and speak clearly.!~ I liked Chicago 'double strike' and i too like these 2 shows presented complete here on this release :D well done once again from Straight Arrow!~ :wink:

Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:46 pm

Tony.. wrote:
xmascarrol wrote:

rob.jpg

Rob AND "Xmas". :smt003

As rob said. I dont have blond hair tbh i dont have that much hair teeth or stomach. Lighter dont smoke and do i have money to burn. U bet i do but only on my family and the king.

Money doesnt bring u happiness but listenin to t king always will. ::rocks

Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:10 pm

February 18, 1977 was a pretty good night for the main attraction.

Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:44 pm

It`s just a good release. with two of the better shows from 1977 with good sound,,...I think we all agree..
Audience recordings par excellence..