Post here your Elvis' pictures

ALOHA Anniversary

Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:31 pm

With so many ALOHA threads going I wanted to post this. Unfortunately it did not fit in with any existing threads so I thought I would introduce this one.
If you have any interesting images surrounding the concert and event feel free to post them here

Here is an item that appeared in newspapers worldwide the day after the concert took place.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Greybeard on Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: ALOHA Anniversary

Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:33 pm

Great photo on the cover of TV prevue in April.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:57 pm

Nearly the same photo with the two girls :

Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:41 pm

Thanks for posting Greybeard, The fool and AlohaEagle, those are three great pictures. Elvis looked fantastic during the Aloha special ::rocks

Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:45 pm

And to think that I watched this as it aired in the United States in April.

40 years ago?

Really?

What the hell?

Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:54 pm

Ty Greybeard for this post - Lets all celebrate this great event -Amen -

Great anniversary of an iconic show - always remembered - Enjoy Y'all ::rocks :smt007 :smt007 ::rocks

P.S ..Ill be watchn shows tonite ta celebrate this event on 2 set dvd - cant wait ta relive the moments-

Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am

Greybeard wrote:With so many ALOHA threads going I wanted to post this. Unfortunately it did not fit in with any existing threads so I thought I would introduce this one.
If you have any interesting images surrounding the concert and event feel free to post them here

Here is an item that appeared in newspapers worldwide the day after the concert took place.

Aloha news item a001.jpg

Neat! I've had this poor-quality version for a while:

730115_Utica NY Daily Press.JPG
Utica (NY) Daily Press, Monday January 15, 1973

It must have been in hundreds of papers that Monday. I'll bet you were so excited for the April broadcast -- you had only seen Elvis a couple of times in concert at that point, right?

Thanks again for the memory. Sometimes, that is all we have.

Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:04 am

I had seen him only once before that event. My second time would be a few months later. It was an very exciting time to be an Elvis fan and I still remember watching it vividly.

Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:44 am

Greybeard wrote:I had seen him only once before that event. My second time would be a few months later. It was an very exciting time to be an Elvis fan and I still remember watching it vividly.

Good times!