Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: The complete masters on sale today $549.99

Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:01 am

The Franklin mint set has the songs in quite a hodgepodge order though, right?

There is no logical reason why the Elvis set shouldn't retail for £200 tops. There are 63 discs (not full discs, it has to be said) in the Cash set (all remastered by Anesini) and a 200 page cd-sized book and I got that for £121 I think. So £200 would allow for more deluxe packaging and the bigger book- and let's not forget that the pre-1973 masters are owned outright by the record company. It's bonkers. As for the question of "what can you do?" Answer: Don't buy it.

Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:51 am

Rob wrote:What would happen if she knew?

Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:20 pm

Rich_TCB wrote:It's worth every penny . . .

Wasn't this 'remastered' again in 2007? Surely another 'remaster' is due by someone else with a silly name soon??!!

Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:53 pm

Ha, I have been wanting this since it was supposed to be limited to only 1000 units. I got a reprieve when it was reissued, but I STILL put off buying it. Today I got it for $495, it was still at $549 on that PopMarket site and today I got a 10% off code! FINALLY my set is ordered. No more skulking around Ebay trying to snipe a good deal on a set. They want from $600-$1200 on Ebay or Amazon for it.

Now, I feel "complete".

Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:54 pm

Hey, if it ever goes on sale again for significantly less, please do not tell me.

Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:28 am

skatterbrane wrote:Today I got it for $495, ... FINALLY my set is ordered.

Now, I feel "complete".

skatterbrane, do you have the FTD set, A Boy From Tupelo ?

Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:48 am

Blue River wrote:
skatterbrane wrote:Today I got it for $495, ... FINALLY my set is ordered.

Now, I feel "complete".

skatterbrane, do you have the FTD set, A Boy From Tupelo ?

I have only burned copies of the CDs, not the actual set. To tell you the truth, I do not ever need to listen to the live stuff more than once. And since I rather dislike I Don't Care If The Sun Don't Shine (should be DOESN'T Shine!) a large portion of disc 2 is wasted on me. I do really like Blue Moon though! And the first disc is killer, I REALLY like comparing the vastly superior Sun masters of That's All Right and Blue Moon of Kentucky, over the bastardized compressed and echo laden RCA masters.

But most of these superior masters can be heard on Elvis At Sun. It is interesting that the original 45 EP A Touch of Gold has the Sun Master verion of Blue Moon Of Kentucky. I remember how much better it sounded over the A Date WIth Elvis version back when I had vinyl. In fact the original EPs typically had superior masters over the LP versions anyway.

Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:33 am

If they ever fiind the Follow That Dream stereo masters, this collection becomes obsolete. I wonder if they will ever put it on Bluray?