Off Topic Messages

Beatles 20 Greatest Hits question

Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:23 am

I had this on an LP when I was in Jr.High. Was it ever offically released on CD? Or a good quality pirate, for that matter. I heard Ticket To Ride today and remembered it being on that album and don't ever remember seeing it on CD.

Re: Beatles 20 Greatest Hits question

Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:58 am

johngael wrote:I had this on an LP when I was in Jr.High. Was it ever offically released on CD? Or a good quality pirate, for that matter. I heard Ticket To Ride today and remembered it being on that album and don't ever remember seeing it on CD.

It is an LP-only release. "Ticket To Ride" is included on the US and UK versions.

http://beatles.wikia.com/wiki/20_Greatest_Hits

There are likely counterfeit versions, but I'm unsure where to look to find a copy that is properly replicated.

821015_Capitol SV 12245_Beatles.JPG

The Beatles - 20 Greatest Hits
Capitol SV 12245 - October 15, 1982

Side 1
She Loves You
Love Me Do
I Want To Hold Your Hand
Can't Buy Me Love
A Hard Day's Night
I Feel Fine
Eight Days A Week
Ticket To Ride
Help!
Yesterday
We Can Work It Out

Side 2
Paperback Writer
Penny Lane
All You Need Is Love
Hello Goodbye
Hey Jude (short version)
Get Back
Come Together
Let It Be
The Long And Winding Road

The Beatles - 20 Greatest Hits
Parlophone PCTC 260 - October 18, 1982

Side 1
Love Me Do
From Me To You
She Loves You
I Want To Hold Your Hand
Can't Buy Me Love
A Hard Day's Night
I Feel Fine
Ticket To Ride
Help!
Day Tripper
We Can Work It Out

Side 2
Paperback Writer
Yellow Submarine
Eleanor Rigby
All You Need Is Love
Hello Goodbye
Lady Madonna
Hey Jude
Get Back
The Ballad of John and Yoko

http://www.beatlesagain.com/btlps.html
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:33 am

Is there any reason it was never released on CD? I'm guessing it was a pretty popular release when it came out.

Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:07 pm

johngael wrote:Is there any reason it was never released on CD? I'm guessing it was a pretty popular release when it came out.

You don't need it if you've got the 1 cd.

Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:03 pm

Understood LS. I was just asking if their was a particular reason it never made it to CD. You really don't even see pirated copies on eBay. I would have thought it was popular when it came out and someone would have pirated it. And as popular as the Beatles are, I would think collectors/completists would want it.

Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:32 pm

johngael wrote:Is there any reason it was never released on CD? I'm guessing it was a pretty popular release when it came out.

Probably because the CD release 5 and 1/2 years later of Past Masters Volume One and Past Masters Volume Two covered the territory in more complete fashion.

Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:46 am

That would make sense.