Post here your Elvis' pictures

Re: Elvis Receiving Gold Record Awards pics...

Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:58 am

karlos wrote:Wonder If Any One Has A Date For It

I am pretty sure it's a cropped photo from October 26, 1957 (SF).

Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:22 pm

E-Cat wrote:
karlos wrote:Wonder If Any One Has A Date For It

I am pretty sure it's a cropped photo from October 26, 1957 (SF).

Ty E-Cat for info - ::rocks

Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:54 pm

What a magnificent thread, thanks to all contributers. ::rocks

Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:44 pm

Agree! Thanks to Everybody! :D

Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:34 pm

E-Cat wrote:Image

When Elvis was in Paris for the second time (July 3-5 '59), the Teldec
(Telefunken / Decca) manufacturing facility discovered that the first pressing
had the wrong name on it (Presly).Not too long after Elvis returned to Ray
Barracks, Elvis was presented the golden record with the correct spelling.
So I assume there are 2 pressings of his golden record ? Rare!

note: a less cropped photo can be found in the book Elvis, Like any Other soldier

The misprinted gold record is in the Nortorf TELDEC museum.

(thanks to GBE Magazine)

I wonder if this gold record with the correct spelling is in the trophy room.
Is there someone who can check this ?
I'd also like to know if there are more gold records from European countrys such as Germany there.

Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:09 pm

stranger wrote:
The misprinted gold record is in the Nortorf TELDEC museum.

(thanks to GBE Magazine)

I wonder if this gold record with the correct spelling is in the trophy room.
Is there someone who can check this ?
I'd also like to know if there are more gold records from European countrys such as Germany there.

I do know that there are both US and Worldwide gold record awards in the trophy room. I do not remember specifically seeing this one. I will make it a point to look the next time I am there (perhaps this summer).

Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:20 am

TCB-FAN wrote:
vbgt wrote:
midnightx wrote:
EPA4368 wrote:Image

Elvis looks ultra-cool in this shot.

That's what I was thinking. Elvis dressed kind of "normally" for the 70's. Looks like jeans,probably cords? Short sleeve shirts seemed rare in the 70's too

He also looked mighty trim & tanned.

Greta pic,he looks bad ass here,and cool in the more "normal" clothes

Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:59 pm

midnightx wrote:
EPA4368 wrote:Image

Elvis looks ultra-cool in this shot.

I agree! How many of those "bangle bracelets" (that's what I've heard they were called) did Elvis have? This one looks different to the one he wore during the April, 1972 tour and the arrival in Honolulu, HI on January 9, 1973. I'd love to own something like that.......

BTW.....E-Cat! It's great to see you here!!

Fri May 03, 2013 9:10 pm

A couple of things I wanted to point out regarding this thread.

1. ) There definitely is an alternate photo of the late '63 picture of Steve Sholes presenting Elvis with a gold record for the Christmas album. It's in the book that was done with recent DeAgostini 10 DVD / memorabilia / book box set. A better quality version of the photo Doc posted from Billboard can be seen in the 35th Anniversary Graceland guidebook (page 63). The photo in the Graceland guide book has Elvis smiling and Steve Sholes is looking to his right. The other photo in the DeAgostini set has both Elvis and Steve Sholes looking straight ahead with neither of them smiling.

2.) There definitely are alternate photos of those taken at the second press conference in Houston 1970. There's one where Elvis is smiling and the guy on Elvis' left is smiling. This one I believe was in either Tunzi's first or second recording sessions book. It also in the Graceland 35th Anniversary Edition on page 63. There's another photo from that press conference where Elvis and the two guys flanking him are all looking straight ahead and none of them are smiling. This second photo is in Ernst's "A Life In Music" book.

3. Having looked back at this thread, I noticed something...Elvis was presented the gold record for "Heartbreak Hotel" at the "I Want You, I Need You, I Love You" recording session. But wasn't Elvis presented the gold record for "I Want You, I Need You, I Love You" on the second Milton Berle Show appearance? Surely there are photos of that, right? I noticed the OP did not post any pictures of this yet.

4. When was Elvis presented a gold record for "Don't Be Cruel" / "Hound Dog" and "Love Me Tender" / "Any Way You Want Me (That's How I Will Be)"? I've seen a photo of Elvis with a L.A. disk jockey by the name of Lou Irwin and Elvis is holding a gold record. I'd have to dig it out and look at it. It either dates from late 1956 or early 1957. I don't recall what the gold record was for.

Tue May 07, 2013 5:44 pm

Daryl wrote:A couple of things I wanted to point out regarding this thread.

1. ) There definitely is an alternate photo of the late '63 picture of Steve Sholes presenting Elvis with a gold record for the Christmas album. It's in the book that was done with recent DeAgostini 10 DVD / memorabilia / book box set. A better quality version of the photo Doc posted from Billboard can be seen in the 35th Anniversary Graceland guidebook (page 63). The photo in the Graceland guide book has Elvis smiling and Steve Sholes is looking to his right. The other photo in the DeAgostini set has both Elvis and Steve Sholes looking straight ahead with neither of them smiling.

2.) There definitely are alternate photos of those taken at the second press conference in Houston 1970. There's one where Elvis is smiling and the guy on Elvis' left is smiling. This one I believe was in either Tunzi's first or second recording sessions book. It also in the Graceland 35th Anniversary Edition on page 63. There's another photo from that press conference where Elvis and the two guys flanking him are all looking straight ahead and none of them are smiling. This second photo is in Ernst's "A Life In Music" book.

3. Having looked back at this thread, I noticed something...Elvis was presented the gold record for "Heartbreak Hotel" at the "I Want You, I Need You, I Love You" recording session. But wasn't Elvis presented the gold record for "I Want You, I Need You, I Love You" on the second Milton Berle Show appearance? Surely there are photos of that, right? I noticed the OP did not post any pictures of this yet.

4. When was Elvis presented a gold record for "Don't Be Cruel" / "Hound Dog" and "Love Me Tender" / "Any Way You Want Me (That's How I Will Be)"? I've seen a photo of Elvis with a L.A. disk jockey by the name of Lou Irwin and Elvis is holding a gold record. I'd have to dig it out and look at it. It either dates from late 1956 or early 1957. I don't recall what the gold record was for.

Thanks for the information!

Found a better quality photo of '63 Steve Sholes presenting Elvis with a gold record for the Christmas album and another photo (smaller) 70 press conference... both posted on pg1. Hopefully someone has photos you mentioned and will post them too.

Found Milton Berle presents Elvis with a 'Billboard' double Triple Crown Award for 'Heartbreak Hotel' but didn't see any for Berle presenting Elvis with a gold award for "I Want You, I Need You, I Love You"...

1956 NBC Studios ,Burbank June 5th - Milton Berle...
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=46120

I thought I've seen the photo of DJ Lou Irwin with Elvis holding a gold record award but can't recall where? Hopefully someone can find it and will post it as well.

Mon May 13, 2013 5:10 am

The photos of Elvis,his parents,Vernon and Gladys and I believe DJ Dewey Phillips- what gold record is Elvis holding? When and where were these photos taken?

As far as the Houston press conference gold record photos. There's the one that's on page 1 of this thread where everyone is looking serious straight ahead. There's an alternate where Elvis is laughing and the guy on Elvis' left is smiling. This one with Elvis laughing is in either Tunzi's "Sessions I" or "Sessions II."

There are at least two photos from the Steve Sholes 1963 photo op with Elvis. The one on page 1 of this thread has Elvis smiling and Steve Sholes is looking away from Elvis. The alternate has Elvis and Steve Sholes both looking toward the center of the photo and neither of them are smiling.

I was certain that the award presentation on the second Berle show was a gold record for "I Want You, I Need You, I Love You" but this youtube clip seems to prove me wrong.

phpBB [video]

I always liked this clip, especially the part where Berle gets his clothes torn off of him. I think you can tell Berle really took a liking to Elvis and wasn't concerned about any criticism that Elvis or for that matter Berle's show may have gotten, especially after Elvis' performance of "Hound Dog."

Sun May 19, 2013 8:21 pm

I agree that Milton Berle seemed to like Elvis. Can't tell how he felt about criticism generated by the performance of Hound Dog though, as obviously, the criticism is yet to come as they are doing this show.

Love the ad-libbed line when they're talking and Berle says, "I can't hear you. I'm standing right next to you but I can't hear ya." Funny!

Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:37 pm

Does anyone know which gold record Elvis is holding in the top left photo in the link below? My understanding is that the photos are from early September, 1973. I've been told that it's supposedly the "Burning Love" single. However, I have seen a slightly better resolution of this picture and to me it seems that it's "In The Ghetto." That said, Elvis was already presented a RIAA gold record for "In The Ghetto" in Houston, Texas in late February / early March, 1970 (I don't recall exactly the date off-hand). In the 1973 photo, I don't see an RIAA logo on the award that Elvis is holding, which leads me to believe that it is either a foreign gold record or simply an in-house gold record that was issued by RCA. I'm more inclined to believe the latter that it is simply an in-house award for "In The Ghetto."

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... egp73.html

Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:53 pm

phpBB [video]

Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:24 am

JohnnyBrown295 wrote:
phpBB [video]

That footage should have been included on the DVD with "Prince From Another Planet". Even Elvis realized that the MSG album was a quick seller.

Daryl

Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:53 pm

I added a close-up pic at top of thread (pg.1) from the Promo Video: 1970 In The Dome JAT Hardcover Book of Elvis receiving a gold award for his "From Elvis In Memphis" album.

Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:57 pm

The gold record for King Creole was presented to Elvis In Germany from RCA in Sweden by
Sixten Eriksson in 59. If you have the Book Like Another Soldier of Jerry Osborn you can see
more pictores.