Post here your Elvis' pictures

John Wilkinson 1945 - 2013 R.I.P

Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:23 am

Rest John.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: John Wilkinson 1945 - 2013 R.I.P

Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:35 am

R.I.P. John. Such sad news. He was a fighter until the end.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:26 am

May he rest in peace.

Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:14 am

Rest in peace

Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:16 am

Very sad news indeed. He returned from the hospital just before last Christmas.
Rest in peace.

Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:05 pm

Rest in peace John...

Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:47 pm

R.I.P. JOHN

Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:55 pm

John was one of the good guys.

He's jammin' with his boss again today.

Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:00 pm

Rest in Peace John

Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:58 pm

RIP John

Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:18 pm

RIP and thanks for the music and memories.

john.jpg

Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:53 pm

A shame ... slowly people socializing Elvis will be mowed .... one by one .... :cry:
The music world lost a great artist ... But heaven has received a great human being...
What John is with God and Elvis this new dimension ... :cry:
ImageImage

First reactions to John's death :

Reactions to John Wilkinson’s death keep coming in. Fans from all over the world are shocked and saddened over this heart breaking news. We get emails just about every second, and the reactions on the condolence website and in the John Wilkinson Appreciation Group speak for themselves. Here are just a few:

Larry Geller: “Like everyone else in the Elvis world, I was deeply saddened to learn of John Wilkenson's passing. He contributed greatly to Elvis' life. A master musician, a warrier and a true friend to everyone who knew him. Elvis needed you, man, so you had to go.”

Kathy Westmoreland: “Johnny, You were the very first person in my "new family" that came up to me the first night and offered to assist me in any way. And you were there when I had questions.You made sure I met your friends, ("good people" as you put it) fans, and ensured I felt at home. It was just good to know I had someone to call on then.You were a 'legend' in our industry long before I met you that night. I remember you being mentioned and interviewed often with "Charlie Tuna" on the radio, playing acoustic guitar and singing beautifully with the Kingston Trio, the New Christy Minstrels. So talented, so professional, and most of all...a down-to-earth,good human being ...and friend. I am so thankful for being blessed with the gift of knowing you.”

Priscilla and Lisa Marie Presley:“We offered our deepest sympathy to his family. John and the beautiful music he made with Elvis will live forever in our hearts."

Family friend and spokesman Gary Ellison: "John considered Elvis more as a friend than as a boss. He was honestly one of the best acoustic guitar players I'd ever heard. He was proud of the fact that he never turned down a request for an autograph. It didn't matter if he was meeting adoring fans, joking with Chuck Berry about keeping his B-string in tune, or if he was talking to a neighbor about her dog, people were people to him. Folks were folks. John would look you square in the eye and accept you, just as you were. There was nothing phony about him."

Jenson Bloomer: “I am so sorry and sad to hear that John has passed. I know how much he meant to you as a dear friend. I only met John twice through Elvis Matters events and had the pleasure of being on stage with him re united with the TCB band - he was a true gentleman and a kind guy. The whole Elvis world will miss him greatly - but non more so than dear Terry and his family. I wish I could be part of your tribute tomorrow but I know Tony Smith will be there to pay respects for all of us in the UK. Keep memories in your heart and they shall never die.”

Andrew Hearn: “There has been heartbreaking news in the Elvis world. My good friend John Wilkinson has just passed away. It's with great sadness that I bring you this news. John was a good man and a wonderful musician. I hope that he is finally at peace now, and our thoughts are with Terry and the Wilkinson family.”

Lee Dawson: “Our thoughts and heart go out to Johns dear wife, Terry at this terrible time. John was loved by so many Elvis fans and I will always be so very proud and honoured to have been able to call him the very dearest of friends. My heart and thoughts go out to my colleague, Peter Verbruggen who loved and treasured John as much as me, this really is a dark day in the Elvis World. John, I LOVE you my friend.”

The TCB Band: Peter. We just saw on your message board about John. The tcb band is very sad to hear this news. We were all wanting to talk with him when u got to his house. We will remember a good man and the fun we all had with him. He is home now with the friends in heaven that he loved. God bless. Donna, Ron and tcb.

JOHN WILKINSON APPRECIATION GROUP

Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:35 am

RIP John.You were a good man.I will always remember our 2 hour conversation.You took the time to talk to a 17 year old kid at the time.I will always remember how kind you were,your talent,You were just a great guy.God bless my friend!

Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:00 am

A Newly Edited Tribute Video....Enjoy.

phpBB [video]

Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:27 pm

John Wilkinson - Sun Valley, 1974