Post here your Elvis' pictures

Info please

Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:47 pm

A friend send me this photo of Elvis. Does anyone have any info about this pic? It's a new one for me.

candidep.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Info please

Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:57 pm

New to my eyes as well.

His pinkie ring and haircut are clues. And his clothing indicates warm weather.

bripet56 may be able to add more insight.

Re: Info please

Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:24 am

piretos wrote:A friend send me this photo of Elvis. Does anyone have any info about this pic? It's a new one for me.

candidep.jpg


Great pic. Thanks!!

Re: Info please

Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:38 am

Thank you guys, hopefully bripet 56 will know :wink:

Re: Info please

Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:40 am

piretos wrote:A friend send me this photo of Elvis. Does anyone have any info about this pic? It's a new one for me.

candidep.jpg


Thanks for posting this picture.
I´ve had it for a couple of years but not in this quality. The lady in the picture is supposed to be called Micki and that´s about all I know.
My guess would be August 1956 but it would only be a guess.

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk

Re: Info please

Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:41 am

bripet56 wrote:Thanks for posting this picture.
I´ve had it for a couple of years but not in this quality. The lady in the picture is supposed to be called Micki and that´s about all I know.
My guess would be August 1956 but it would only be a guess.


My guess as well.

Re: Info please

Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:58 am

Well, I just searched the internet for Micki and Elvis and found out a lot more about her.

She is Micki Evangelistaand back in the 50s she won on Arthur Godfrey´s Talent Show. Her stage name was Micki Evans.
She was a TV/Radio star in the 50s and 60s in New Jersey and then in Orlando, Fl.
So my guess is that the photo is from Orlando, August 8, 1956.

You can read more about her here:
http://runnemederemembered.blogspot.se/ ... micki.html

Here´s another photo from her blog
Micki and Elvis backstage.jpg


Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Info please

Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:03 am

Nice!

Mickie Evans was known as "the "South's Fastest and Highest Girl Yodeler."

http://www.hillbilly-music.com/artists/story/index.php?id=12557

IIRC, we don't have too many photos from Orlando in 1956.

Re: Info please

Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:07 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Nice!

Mickie Evans was known as "the "South's Fastest and Highest Girl Yodeler".

http://www.hillbilly-music.com/artists/story/index.php?id=12557

IIRC, we don't have too many photos from Orlando in 1956.


That´s correct Doc, we only have a few photos from Orlando so this was a nice addition.

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk

Re: Info please

Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:54 am

sweet.
Sweeter though if it was Daytona and onstage :)