Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Jerry Scheff ELVIS Tribute Concert

Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:49 pm

ULTIMATE BIRTHDAY TRIBUTE TO ELVIS PRESLEY

JERRY SCHEFF in CONCERT - SATURDAY 5th JANUARY 2013

A one of a kind Show - not repeated or toured anywhere in the world, THIS SATURDAY will be the ultimate tribute to ELVIS PRESLEY - The River-rooms in Stourbridge Uk will be packed to watch, listen and enjoy the talent of Elvis' finest TCB Bass player 'Jerry Scheff' plus the dynamic singing voice of Jenson Bloomer and his excellent Mondeo Carne band plus and a 3 screen 'smorgasbord' of visual Elvis Presley music courtesy of Elvis Black Country DVD Discos - you will kick yourself if you miss this gig - Good news is NOW extra TICKETS have been made available at the door ON THE NIGHT - the ultimate ELVIS TRIBUTE and not a replica jumpsuit in sight YES !!!!!!!!!

Facebook details : http://www.facebook.com/events/309402535805923/

Tickets £10 on the door

RIVER ROOMS, MILL RACE LANE, STOURBRIDGE, WEST MIDSLANDS DY8 1JN

For ticket information contact : 07711 065298 or email: Jensonbloomer@hotmail.co.uk.

Reminder of the Main man and Jerry in 1972
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFYdgcErSTY

Hope to see ya there . . . .

Re: Jerry Scheff ELVIS Tribute Concert

Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:03 pm

If only I could have 10% of the bass playing capabilities of my hero Jerry Scheff.
Great bass player and also a great life story! (I enjoyed reading his book..)

Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:05 pm

Thanks to everybody who came along, place was packed, a brilliant night's tribute to ELVIS - Jerry Scheff, Jim Morrison, Roy Orbison and Elvis Costello.

Brief clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3QL18Ooyuk

Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:15 pm

Wow, thanks for the clip. Great to see Jerry still jammin' away, and looking like he's having a great time!

Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:55 pm

Cool clip indeed.
Jerry is one of the coolest guys from the TCB band.
Met him several times and he is always very friendly and honnest.

Last time he was VERY happy to sign my LA Woman-Doors cd,an upgraded version with pics of him in it during the sessions.
He told me i was cool to know about this moment in his life..
"I" was cool...
Man, how humble this guy is.
He played with Elvis, Morrison, Orbison... the legends of the music industry.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:45 pm

Is it wrong of me to wish that he was still with the TCB Band? It just doesn't seem right with Norbert Putnam up there and not Jerry.....

Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:35 pm

Tony Trout wrote:Is it wrong of me to wish that he was still with the TCB Band? It just doesn't seem right with Norbert Putnam up there and not Jerry.....

I agree, but next to Norbert, who was never on stage with Elvis, it would have been nice to see Duke Bardwell reuniting with the TCB band doesn't it?
They actually played a few gigs together with Elvis :wink:

Nice to see Jerry is still doing fine.

Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:54 pm

Ah it's real great to see Jerry again. I thought he had severe hearing problems which was one of the reasons he's stopped performing? Whatever it is, it's nice that he's still playing. I wish he and the rest of the TCB guys would do a club show or something in the States...

Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:50 am

As from 7:38 nice close up shots from Jerry during Suspicious Minds.
Whoever shot this, nice job!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj8ZetEMR04

Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:11 pm

In addition to being a great bass player, Jerry is a really nice man. Had the privilege of meeting him in Atlantic City, NJ, in 2003. He was so soft spoken, very kind, and was not in a hurry to rush off. Glad to see he is still playing and being recognized for the amazing talent he has.

rlj

Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:18 pm

A great bass player.

As for Norbert Putman, he is replacing Jerry very well and is one of the nicest person I've ever met in my life.

Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:32 pm

Tony Trout wrote:Is it wrong of me to wish that he was still with the TCB Band? It just doesn't seem right with Norbert Putnam up there and not Jerry.....

Its not wrong i also agree and wish jerry was still with the Tcb Guys!

Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:48 pm

daz cav wrote:

Its not wrong i also agree and wish jerry was still with the Tcb Guys!

Looking at another Jerry Scheff related thread, I'm reminded that there is apparently a falling out between Jerry and rest of the TCB guys:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=67862&start=25#p1015438

andyr wrote:Did you know Jerry has fallen out with the other TCB guys. I spoke to Glen Hardin the other day and confirmed they hadn't spoken for at least a year and didn't want to discuss why. He also confirmed that he didn't envisage them working together again.

Not sure what exactly went down but it's hard to imagine that Jerry could have had deep rooted issues with some members of the band (Glen?) yet still toured with Elvis The Concert for all those years...

Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:08 am

Jerry doesn't want to 'dance on Elvis grave' anymore.
Nothing more, nothing less.