Off Topic Messages

Re: A Candle For John's Mother

Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:04 pm

DOC, I am so sorry for the passing of your Mother. I am praying for you and your family in these days.

rlj

Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:17 pm

My thoughts are with you at this sad time.

Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:24 pm

Our prayers are with you Buddy!
brad

Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:26 pm

Having lost my father 7 years ago, I know how painful this momment is, and how much you change as a person. My condolences John, may she rest in peace in the arms of God.
My prayers are with you. Hanging In there.

Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:56 pm

I'm very sorry to read of your loss. My sincerest condolences to you and your family.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:07 am

Sad news Sorry to hear of your loss John my thoughts and prayers are with you

Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:19 am

God bless Doc. My thoughts are certainly with you and your loved ones. Very sorry indeed to hear this.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:30 am

My condolences for John and his family. :(

Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:37 am

Sincere condolences to drjohncarpenter.

Likewise, my sympathies go out to daylon > memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=9926 on the recent passing of his mother.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:58 am

Condolences to you and your family, John.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:27 pm

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:49 pm

I am very sorry for your loss. My sincere condolences to you and your family.

Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:08 am

Thank you Rob for the very, very kind tribute to my mom. I'm certainly not the first member of FECC to lose someone, and I accept your warm-hearted wishes on behalf of everyone here who has lost a loved one.

And thank you to each member who offered a thoughtful condolence. It is deeply appreciated.

Mom's favorite Elvis was the 1968 TV Special. "He is so ALIVE!" she would exclaim, watching the tape I made her for the umpteenth time. Happy birthday, Elvis. Thanks for bringing such joy to so many.

Mom's service is upcoming, and in the meantime I look forward to reading more great posts here on the #1 Elvis Presley forum in the world.

Thanks again.

::rocks

Rob wrote:Image

I have put this in the All Elvis section because I wanted everyone to have the chance to see it. If a moderator actually wants to move it, well, that's up to them.

As most of you know, the Doc lost his mother a couple of days ago. I am guessing that her funeral is this weekend. He has mentioned before that she was ill. Her peace has finally arrived. However, it is never easy losing your mother. Tonight I light this candle in honor of her and in honor of John. This is the time that people of this board put differences aside and band together to comfort those that are hurting. I know that many of us have already done that in the John Wilkinson thread, but this is a separate issue and they should be posted here.

Please post your wishes to John so that he can see it when he gets back. This is obviously going to be a rough weekend for John and his family.

I thank you all in advance.

Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:20 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Mom's favorite Elvis was the 1968 TV Special. "He is so ALIVE!" she would exclaim, watching the tape I made her for the umpteenth time. Happy birthday, Elvis. Thanks for bringing such joy to so many.

Then I dedicate this to her and join you in your thank you to Elvis. Take care Doc.

phpBB [video]

Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:35 am

Welcome back, Doc. Hope you're holding up well; seems like it. (Your mom had excellent taste.) And, yes, Elvis is always such a big help at such times.

rjm

Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:07 am

Deepest sympathies for your loss John.