Here you can discuss other musicians and CD reissues etc

WOW! Great new singer, great new song.

Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:59 pm

Not a 'classic artist' but do have a listen to this.

phpBB [video]

Re: WOW! Great new singer, great new song.

Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:13 pm

yeah not bad. Incidentally shouldn't this be off topics material ?

Re: WOW! Great new singer, great new song.

Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:20 pm

Robt wrote:yeah not bad. Incidentally shouldn't this be off topics material ?


Maybe, but generally this is the forum to post music other than Elvis and maybe, with a voice like that, she may become a 'classic artist' in time. :smt007

Re: WOW! Great new singer, great new song.

Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:27 pm

It's just a case of Infatuation :roll:

Re: WOW! Great new singer, great new song.

Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:38 pm

Robt wrote:It's just a case of Infatuation :roll:



Really?? In what way?

Re: WOW! Great new singer, great new song.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:04 am

She's cool. I've been impressed with her for a while.

When I first heard this I thought it sounded like it had been written by Roy Orbison and produced by Spector:

phpBB [video]

Re: WOW! Great new singer, great new song.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:24 pm

Listening now, c wot u mean about the Orby thing ........

Re: WOW! Great new singer, great new song.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:39 am

Tony I want to say a BIG thank you for posting the clip, this is the best new music I heard in a long time,
never heard of her before but I'm gonna order both her CD's on amazon right now! This girl is fantasic
and a must have!!

Re: WOW! Great new singer, great new song.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:39 pm

blue boy wrote:Tony I want to say a BIG thank you for posting the clip, this is the best new music I heard in a long time,
never heard of her before but I'm gonna order both her CD's on amazon right now! This girl is fantasic
and a must have!!


You're welcome and I'm glad you agree. I'm doing the same as you and having goosebumps listening to "Dark black".

Re: WOW! Great new singer, great new song.

Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:27 pm

Very similar to the sadly missed Amy Winehouse. Very very good indeed!

Re: WOW! Great new singer, great new song.

Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:55 pm

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:Very similar to the sadly missed Amy Winehouse. Very very good indeed!


Except Kristina isn't a drugged up alcoholic giving embarrassing live performances, who will end up dead at a young age through stupidity........

Re: WOW! Great new singer, great new song.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:38 am

Tony.. wrote:
Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:Very similar to the sadly missed Amy Winehouse. Very very good indeed!


Except Kristina isn't a drugged up alcoholic giving embarrassing live performances, who will end up dead at a young age through stupidity........


:wtf:

Neither was Amy when she started out.

In this crazy world - ANYTHING can happen.

Amy died at 27. It shouldn't happen. She was practically a kid. Give the poor girl some respect mate.

Re: WOW! Great new singer, great new song.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:25 am

Very, very good. If I were to play talent scout, I would say she needs more of an edge, a bit more personalized. I like it that she doesn't sound like she won a singing contest - that's good, but the work doesn't jump out as "different." It doesn't stun. Then again, I could be completely wrong!

Good luck to her. (Amy's singing caught my attention immediately. I mean, it was instant. You just knew. Some people have that "thing" -- that cut above that demolishes others in their path. That thing where on the first lick, you're knocked on your derriere. I don't know how Amy would have done in a different era, but in this one, no can touch her.)

rjm

Re: WOW! Great new singer, great new song.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:31 am

rjm wrote:Amy's singing caught my attention immediately. I mean, it was instant. You just knew. Some people have that "thing" -- that cut above that demolishes others in their path. That thing where on the first lick, you're knocked on your derriere. I don't know how Amy would have done in a different era, but in this one, no can touch her.

rjm

Can't argue with that.

Re: WOW! Great new singer, great new song.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:55 pm

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:
Tony.. wrote:
Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:Very similar to the sadly missed Amy Winehouse. Very very good indeed!


Except Kristina isn't a drugged up alcoholic giving embarrassing live performances, who will end up dead at a young age through stupidity........


:wtf:

Neither was Amy when she started out.

In this crazy world - ANYTHING can happen.

Amy died at 27. It shouldn't happen. She was practically a kid. Give the poor girl some respect mate.


Winehouse (an appropriate name) recorded one good album in a 60's vein (which I have in my collection) but became wealthy and lazy. Her shows became an embarrassment. She kept a bottle of alcohol by her mic stand and used to swig from it regularly, ending up drunk. Many of her later shows were cancelled or truncated with fans filming the embarrassing happenings on their devices. One of her partners was a complete druggie loser too which helped to put her even further down the slope. When she died, drunken people gathered outside her house turning it into a freak show by leaving bottles of vodka and other such anomolies outside, whereas the custom is to leave flowers. She had talent, but wasted it as soon as the money started rolling in. Pity.

Re: WOW! Great new singer, great new song.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:15 pm

Tony.. wrote:. She had talent, but wasted it as soon as the money started rolling in. Pity.

She did mate. She was weak enough to be drawn into such an unwholesome lifestyle. She payed the ultimate price and that is tragic.

Drink and other substances have done this to so so many people in all walks of life. Such is life sadly.

Re: WOW! Great new singer, great new song.

Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:50 am

Tony.. wrote:
Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:
Tony.. wrote:
Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:Very similar to the sadly missed Amy Winehouse. Very very good indeed!


Except Kristina isn't a drugged up alcoholic giving embarrassing live performances, who will end up dead at a young age through stupidity........


:wtf:

Neither was Amy when she started out.

In this crazy world - ANYTHING can happen.

Amy died at 27. It shouldn't happen. She was practically a kid. Give the poor girl some respect mate.


Winehouse (an appropriate name) recorded one good album in a 60's vein (which I have in my collection) but became wealthy and lazy. Her shows became an embarrassment. She kept a bottle of alcohol by her mic stand and used to swig from it regularly, ending up drunk. Many of her later shows were cancelled or truncated with fans filming the embarrassing happenings on their devices. One of her partners was a complete druggie loser too which helped to put her even further down the slope. When she died, drunken people gathered outside her house turning it into a freak show by leaving bottles of vodka and other such anomolies outside, whereas the custom is to leave flowers. She had talent, but wasted it as soon as the money started rolling in. Pity.

Tell me, are you forgetting the circumstances in which the man for whom this forum is dedicated to died?

Re: WOW! Great new singer, great new song.

Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:57 am

elvisalisellers wrote:Tell me, are you forgetting the circumstances in which the man for whom this forum is dedicated to died?

Exactly what I was gonna say, but refrained.

Re: WOW! Great new singer, great new song.

Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:26 pm

elvisalisellers wrote:
Tony.. wrote:
Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:
Tony.. wrote:
Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:Very similar to the sadly missed Amy Winehouse. Very very good indeed!


Except Kristina isn't a drugged up alcoholic giving embarrassing live performances, who will end up dead at a young age through stupidity........


:wtf:

Neither was Amy when she started out.

In this crazy world - ANYTHING can happen.

Amy died at 27. It shouldn't happen. She was practically a kid. Give the poor girl some respect mate.


Winehouse (an appropriate name) recorded one good album in a 60's vein (which I have in my collection) but became wealthy and lazy. Her shows became an embarrassment. She kept a bottle of alcohol by her mic stand and used to swig from it regularly, ending up drunk. Many of her later shows were cancelled or truncated with fans filming the embarrassing happenings on their devices. One of her partners was a complete druggie loser too which helped to put her even further down the slope. When she died, drunken people gathered outside her house turning it into a freak show by leaving bottles of vodka and other such anomolies outside, whereas the custom is to leave flowers. She had talent, but wasted it as soon as the money started rolling in. Pity.

Tell me, are you forgetting the circumstances in which the man for whom this forum is dedicated to died?


I don't recall Elvis covering himself with unsightly tattoos, singing songs about going to rehab, becoming intoxicated from a bottle of vodka onstage, going downhill after his first successful album or hanging out with crack cocaine dealers?? :wtf:

Re: WOW! Great new singer, great new song.

Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:21 pm

Tony.. wrote:
I don't recall Elvis covering himself with unsightly tattoos, singing songs about going to rehab, becoming intoxicated from a bottle of vodka onstage, going downhill after his first successful album or hanging out with crack cocaine dealers?? :wtf:


Just forget it mate. She went off the rails and died. Elvis went of the rails and died. She just did it sooner. Same as Morrison, Hendrix, Joplin, Cobain, Leger etc etc

They did it in different ways - but all wound up in the same place. And all left us with some wonderful audio and visual recordings to enjoy long after they've gone.

Re: WOW! Great new singer, great new song.

Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:41 am

New? I bought a CD of hers 4 years ago. But I guess compared to Elvis she is pretty new.