Off Topic Messages

Re: Just Had Doctors Appointment ..Am In Shock

Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:51 pm

Get well soon, Ken!

Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:01 am

Stay positive Ken... I'm sure the procedure will go as expected and this'll be behind you before you know it! :smt023

Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:11 am

will be thinking of you Wednesday, all the very best to you, Ken.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:42 am

keninlincs wrote:Just been to see the doctor after having some stomache ache for a few days and was sent to the hospital for some xrays.the xray showed a tumor in my bladder the size of a golf ball,i have been sent home with some special body soap and have been booked in for an operation to remove it on wednesday morning(9th Jan)they have told me not to worry ,but its knocked me sideways a little bit.Has anyone here had a similar problem?apparently its a straight forward operation and i will only be hospitalised a couple of days,but im not very enthusiastic about the thought of an operation or the general anasthetic
Anyone had anything similar?
Ken

Change your diet.....and stop smoking.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:22 am

Hey Ken,
Hope all goes well. Doctors told me I have to have my gall bladder removed as well and it is no big deal.
...or so the doctor said.

Anyway, it will all be fine and after your full recovery come down to Buenos Aires for a nice Argentinean BBQ.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:23 am

Best of luck Ken!

Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:54 am

Take care Ken. And don't stress about the anaesthetic. They know what they are doing.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:04 am

First, don't worry about the surgery. Next, all my prayers that it's a big nothing. Just try to stay cool.

Hugs,
Robin

Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:56 am

TCB-FAN wrote:
keninlincs wrote:Just been to see the doctor after having some stomache ache for a few days and was sent to the hospital for some xrays.the xray showed a tumor in my bladder the size of a golf ball,i have been sent home with some special body soap and have been booked in for an operation to remove it on wednesday morning(9th Jan)they have told me not to worry ,but its knocked me sideways a little bit.Has anyone here had a similar problem?apparently its a straight forward operation and i will only be hospitalised a couple of days,but im not very enthusiastic about the thought of an operation or the general anasthetic
Anyone had anything similar?
Ken

Change your diet.....and stop smoking.

I dont smoke but thanks anyway

Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:57 am

rjm wrote:First, don't worry about the surgery. Next, all my prayers that it's a big nothing. Just try to stay cool.

Hugs,
Robin

Thanks Robin

Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:58 am

TJ wrote:Take care Ken. And don't stress about the anaesthetic. They know what they are doing.

Thanks TJ

Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:59 am

paulsweeney wrote:Best of luck Ken!

Thanks Paul

Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:02 am

javilu wrote:Hey Ken,
Hope all goes well. Doctors told me I have to have my gall bladder removed as well and it is no big deal.
...or so the doctor said.

Anyway, it will all be fine and after your full recovery come down to Buenos Aires for a nice Argentinean BBQ.

thanks Mate

Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:05 am

debtd1 wrote:not a pleasant thought Ken.....but better 'out than in'......

you'll be fine, they will monitor you closely with the anaesthetic.
Take care x

Thanks Deb

Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:08 am

rocknroller wrote:Stay strong ken you will get though this mate ! will be thinking of you on jan 9th !!!

Thanks Pat

Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:14 pm

Hi Ken! Everything's going to be ok, the doctors have probably done this kind of thing a million times now, and it will be over and done before you now it! And you'll feel so much better knowing you're all perfect again.

PS:When you get home from the hospital check your email and I'll have that done for you in there to give your mother. :wink:

Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:42 pm

promiseland wrote:Hi Ken! Everything's going to be ok, the doctors have probably done this kind of thing a million times now, and it will be over and done before you now it! And you'll feel so much better knowing you're all perfect again.

PS:When you get home from the hospital check your email and I'll have that done for you in there to give your mother. :wink:

Thanks mate ,should be home by weekend

Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:53 pm

Hey Ken - Dang!!! Well, at least when you're out of there you'll know you're back to normal pretty much! :)

Get well soon and I am wishing you a fast and painless recovery. :smt023

Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:06 pm

BrianTCB wrote:Hey Ken - Dang!!! Well, at least when you're out of there you'll know you're back to normal pretty much! :)

Get well soon and I am wishing you a fast and painless recovery. :smt023

cheers Brian

Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:04 pm

Thinking of you, Ken! Looking forward to seeing you back on here real soon.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:52 pm

londonflash wrote:Thinking of you, Ken! Looking forward to seeing you back on here real soon.

Thanks Andrew,wont be long i hope

Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:37 pm

Good luck with the op' Ken. Trust the NHS, in spite of the reports, 99.9% is amazing, you're in good hands.

Geoff

Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:48 am

I hope that everything goes well for you!

Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:57 am

Sorry to hear about your situation Ken but i'm sure you will be fine and back to your best in no time at all.I know when I had an operation on a hiatus hernia a good few years ago I was told it would be 3-4 months before I would be back at work.6 weeks and I was back,partly due to determination but mainly due to being a terrible terrible patient!
Good luck to you.

norrie

Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:16 am

All the best Ken.
Get well soon.